Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica WiFi setup help ?

Telefonica WiFi setup help ?

Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:40 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telefonica WiFi setup help ?

I have re-formated the laptop that is running XP Pro in English.
It lost the config info & I am using the ethernet cable for now.
PC WiFi card program has been installed & running but cannot detect a signal (so it says)
I have all the info for the router ie ID / Securidad / Clavo.

Thoughts ?
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica WiFi setup help ?

Originally Posted by playamonte
I have re-formated the laptop that is running XP Pro in English.
It lost the config info & I am using the ethernet cable for now.
PC WiFi card program has been installed & running but cannot detect a signal (so it says)
I have all the info for the router ie ID / Securidad / Clavo.

Thoughts ?
Post in the lab, you will get more help. ;-))
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:51 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Post in the lab, you will get more help. ;-))
Just done that (never knew it was there)
Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:43 pm
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by playamonte
Just done that (never knew it was there)
Are you sure the WiFi is switched on in the hardware? Is the green WiFi warning lamp on? There is normally a switch on the side of the laptop or a "Fn" key combination for this.

Last edited by Tele Addict; Mar 25th 2010 at 1:45 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:53 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Its an older Vaio laptop running XP Pro & has a AVAYA gold WiFi card in the slot.
I have installed the programme for this and in the lower task bar (right side) it tells me that signal strength is good, but limited or no connectivity.

I seem unable to raise the window where you enter the details on the bottom of the router, ie Seguridad WEP xxx bits as I am told that this is the detail I should enter.
I did have the window pop up a few days ago and entered the Clave 13 digit number twice, when maybe I should have put the WEP details in the top box and the Clave number in the lower box ??

So yes it can see a signal WLAN_SD and if I can get the window back up I think I will be in business, but refresh / disconnect etc etc seems not to help.

Device Manager says...under network adapters
1394 net adaptor.
Avaya wireless pc card.
Intel (R) Pro/100 Ve network connection.
Seem to be switched on.

AH ! just noticed that it never had a plus sign, clicked it on now & all the above is now seperate, where before I had to open the net/adaptors to view them.
OK I now have the window up where its asking me to enter the Key ! (as I was talking about above)

???? any clues

Last edited by VFR; Mar 25th 2010 at 8:06 pm.
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

trev1865 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a samsung laptop with movistar dongle..it has wifi through telefonica and gives me a password but there is no wifi device showing in my configuration..can i download something or turn it on please?