Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica - a positive experience

Telefonica - a positive experience

Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Telefonica - a positive experience

We were very lucky when we moved here because we had our phone and internet put in within two weeks.

This week we had a further reason to think that they are good. The builders who are putting in our new windows somehow ruined our connection. A neighbour telephoned to report this for us on Monday evening and they turned up after lunch on Tuesday and put in a complete new wire with no comments.

Rosemary
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:01 am
aspeangel

Default Re: Telefonica - a positive experience

Must say Telefonica have always been great with us too. We have moved our phone and adsl line 3 times since we have been here (nearly 3 years now)and they have contracted the work to be carried out very quickly (within a few days) every time. and i think its great that you can call them and they will put you through to an English speaking operator straight away, don't think BT would get a Spanish speaking person on the line as efficiently!

to telefonica!

Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:54 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

We too have had nothing but good service with Telefonica and the broadband connections that they have provided.

We moved twice and our phone line and internet connections were in before we moved in ourselves, so really can't find any fault with the services that they have provided for us since we've been in Spain.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

From my experience, Telefonica are great when it come to installing a line and maintaining it. That's possibly because they use contractors for this.

The problem is usually getting them to agree to install a line in the first place and that can be a problem in certain areas.

We are in the campo and luckily there was a nearby line. Telefonica actually wired up two lines to the house "in case we might need another one".

We have had a seriously good response to line faults - usually within 2 hours.

Getting support from their ADSL people is a different matter. If you pay them 3€ a month for a support contract they are pretty good but they WILL NOT speak English - the normal 1002 fault line usually does.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

So far so good for us too. Have heard lots of stories and expected to wait ages to be connected, phoned them 3pm ish, they were here first thing next morning and phone and adsl on straight away.
Didn't expect them to be here the next day at all and 2 months later have had no problems at all
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:55 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We had good service to no problems came when they said did what they said and even told My other half how to move it.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

We've also had very good and reliable service from Telefonica.

It did take a few weeks to actually get our phone line installed when we first got here, but that's all.

We've had two ADSL problems (both caused by thunderstorms!)
Although the ADSL support staff don't speak English, I have found them extremely helpful if I just ask them to speak more slowly in Spanish, and they've always been very patient with me.

One of the problems was at the Exchange, and the other time our modem was burnt out, but in each instance the engineer came out the same day and quickly sorted the problem for us.

As aspeangel says, it's pretty impressive that Telefonica employ people who speak very good English - really can't imagine it happening within BT!!

Our only slight disappointment is that we don't seem to be able to upgrade from 1Mb to 3Mb, even though it IS possible 10 miles down the road

I guess, like most things in Spain, it will happen eventually!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
We've also had very good and reliable service from Telefonica.

It did take a few weeks to actually get our phone line installed when we first got here, but that's all.

We've had two ADSL problems (both caused by thunderstorms!)
Although the ADSL support staff don't speak English, I have found them extremely helpful if I just ask them to speak more slowly in Spanish, and they've always been very patient with me.

One of the problems was at the Exchange, and the other time our modem was burnt out, but in each instance the engineer came out the same day and quickly sorted the problem for us.

As aspeangel says, it's pretty impressive that Telefonica employ people who speak very good English - really can't imagine it happening within BT!!

Our only slight disappointment is that we don't seem to be able to upgrade from 1Mb to 3Mb, even though it IS possible 10 miles down the road

I guess, like most things in Spain, it will happen eventually!
Might be cos they don`t have miles in Spain, ;-) but we can`t upgrade yet either, they are working on it allegedly. ;-)
The only problem we have had was them switching it off at their end twice for no apparent reason.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Theyve always been good with us, although we do have an intermittent problem now with the ADSL. Keeps cutting on and off during the day. Its OK at night usually, and sometimes during the afternoon. Very strange. Plucking up the courage to call ADSL dept at Madrid and trying to explain that!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Might be cos they don`t have miles in Spain, ;-)

I just knew you would make a comment about that, jdr!!

I'm with sam parky - I still think in degrees F (think I've got that the "right" way round?? ) and I have to convert the kg to 1lbs, to work out what's a good price for my fruit and veg!!

And I think in feet and inches too, so there!!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Theyve always been good with us, although we do have an intermittent problem now with the ADSL. Keeps cutting on and off during the day. Its OK at night usually, and sometimes during the afternoon. Very strange. Plucking up the courage to call ADSL dept at Madrid and trying to explain that!

Go for it Mitzyboy, be brave!

Like I said, I've always found them to be really kind and patient with my attempts at explaning things

I usually try and work out key words (and the dreaded verbs!) before I make the call, and then I muddle my way through the rest of the conversation!!

Good luck
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisca
Go for it Mitzyboy, be brave!

Like I said, I've always found them to be really kind and patient with my attempts at explaning things

I usually try and work out key words (and the dreaded verbs!) before I make the call, and then I muddle my way through the rest of the conversation!!

Good luck
Last time I spoke to them she finished off by saying something to me that I didn't understand. We came to an empasse, and then she hung up on me. I thought "what a rude person", and the following day i think it was an engineer called me and said the problem was fixed!!!