TDT boxes

Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default TDT boxes

I need one & see there are a few on the market. I kind of like the small one you plug straight in the wall for about 35e - do they give the same range of channels as the digibox sized ones?

Anyone got any feedback on the best to buy or avoid? & at what price.

Cheers all, stopped raining here now.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TDT boxes

Originally Posted by poolboy
I need one & see there are a few on the market. I kind of like the small one you plug straight in the wall for about 35e - do they give the same range of channels as the digibox sized ones?

Anyone got any feedback on the best to buy or avoid? & at what price.

Cheers all, stopped raining here now.
we got a Best Buy brand from Eroski - it has a DVD player incorporated

I think that was about 35 euros we get 27 channels, more than enough IMO

until today we've had no problems - except for some reason the remote seems to have packed up & there's no other way of operating it, so back dh is going with it

& yes - we did change the batteries

edit - he's back - they swapped it - no quibble!

Last edited by lynnxa; Feb 16th 2010 at 11:01 am.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Like with most things, it's a much of a muchness.
I have to agree that ones that rely solely on remote can be a prob.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies - I bought the Eroski one (well minus the dvd 22e). I set it up & all the channels are there, plus the radio.

Why was Baywatch not broadcast in English? just the spanish option.

What other english programs are there?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies - I bought the Eroski one (well minus the dvd 22e). I set it up & all the channels are there, plus the radio.

What other english programs are there?
there seems to be little rhyme or reason as to what will be in available in English - except the older the programme, the less likely -although there are exceptions

whenever you see something that you know was originally in English, just change the language

some of our channels are permanently switched to English -for things like NCIS & Numbers for the OH (la sexta?)
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Do you watch it for the talking
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:37 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

some TDT receiver now hav USB ports on them
this allows a USB data stick to be attached.
in many cases this can be used for recording the TDT channel.
on others it can also be used to play movies and TV programmes that you may have downloaded

I have had some bad issues when people have bought Siemens TDT receivers...I have seen a few with very poor tuners inside
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to those idiots at BT-Fortec-Arrakis I have been without the Internet for 66 days. Got it back yesterday so can ask for help. I am not a very technical person and I have lost all but one of my Spanish TV channels. I understand that I need to buy some sort of box - having read the above - but not sure what to ask for and how to set it up. Do I just plug it somewhere between the aerial and the back of the TV? Will it affect my SKY input for the British channels? Sorry to be so thick but you can't be good at everything - can you?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St. John
Thanks to those idiots at BT-Fortec-Arrakis I have been without the Internet for 66 days. Got it back yesterday so can ask for help. I am not a very technical person and I have lost all but one of my Spanish TV channels. I understand that I need to buy some sort of box - having read the above - but not sure what to ask for and how to set it up. Do I just plug it somewhere between the aerial and the back of the TV? Will it affect my SKY input for the British channels? Sorry to be so thick but you can't be good at everything - can you?
tdt is spanish digital television. you plug your spanish ariel into the box, and then the scart from the box into the tv.

it´ll only interfere if you run out of scarts, if, in that case, just go to the todo/chinese/bazaar shop and buy a multi scart adapter thingy for 1,80€ ish.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:31 pm
Account Closed

St. John is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
tdt is spanish digital television. you plug your spanish ariel into the box, and then the scart from the box into the tv.

it´ll only interfere if you run out of scarts, if, in that case, just go to the todo/chinese/bazaar shop and buy a multi scart adapter thingy for 1,80€ ish.
Thanks very much - it is appreciated. Off to Carrefour in the morning.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bfg69bug

Only to add that bfg is right about connections and configuring your menus.
I wouldn't pay above 30 euros for a box.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 3:24 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

you may also have to change the polarization of your aerial.

analogue channels are received on aerial on one polarizatoin (verticals), digitals on the other (horizontal).

so you will need to look at the aerial and see if it requries adjusting.

personally i hate the cheap multi scart things.
I prefer to daisy chain things together...why do you think most things have two scarts...you can link things up....

so, for example, a dvd scart cable can go into vcr scart socket on a sky box, the tv scart can go to the VCR scart on a TDT box, and the tv scart on the tdt box goes to the TV.

you can get many types of tdt boxes, some with uSB ports for recording and playback - even playing things you have DL from tinternet...

HD TDT is coming soon, - calan9 hd is already available in some valencia areas...so more boxes required

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 9th 2010 at 3:33 pm.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Guy
HD TDT is coming soon, - calan9 hd is already available in some valencia areas...so more boxes required
What do you mean by "more boxes" required? Does the TV to receive TDT channels, has special built-in aerial so you don't need any box? Is it digital TV that you need to buy to receive free TDT channels? Do you mean that HD TV is coming soon besides digital TV to receive free TDT channels?

I'm confused as to which type of TV I should get to receive free TDT channels without subscribing to anything & without any special box, just use the built-in aerial.
Thanks.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:23 am

TDT is digital TV via a TV aerial.
Not only do you need a TDT receiver box, but you will also need to change the configuraton of the aerial.
Some TVs have the TDT tuner built in so you do not need a seperate box.
TVs with TDT built in usually have a TDT logo on them
YOu can get about 30ish free digital TV channels via TDT.
there are currently only ONE pay TV channel - golTV - a football channel about 15e per month

If you have a HD Ready TV then you will require a HD TDT receiver / box.
IF you have a HD TV with TDT built in then you do not need any TDT receiver as it will be build in.

"just use the built-in aerial." TVs do not have built in aereals - aerials go on the roof. Do you mean built in TDT receiver / tuner ?

I mean by "more boxes" that many people ony have a cheap or standard definition box, but they will need to buy a HD box should they wish to view the HD TDTD channels that will become available later this year.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 6:32 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by The Guy
TDT is digital TV via a TV aerial.
Not only do you need a TDT receiver box, but you will also need to change the configuraton of the aerial.
Some TVs have the TDT tuner built in so you do not need a seperate box.
TVs with TDT built in usually have a TDT logo on them
YOu can get about 30ish free digital TV channels via TDT.
there are currently only ONE pay TV channel - golTV - a football channel about 15e per month

If you have a HD Ready TV then you will require a HD TDT receiver / box.
IF you have a HD TV with TDT built in then you do not need any TDT receiver as it will be build in.

"just use the built-in aerial." TVs do not have built in aereals - aerials go on the roof. Do you mean built in TDT receiver / tuner ?

I mean by "more boxes" that many people ony have a cheap or standard definition box, but they will need to buy a HD box should they wish to view the HD TDTD channels that will become available later this year.

so does that mean you won't be able to see them at all?

or just that you won't see them in HD?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.