TAX in spain

Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:37 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default TAX in spain

hi everybody as quite a few of you know me and my girlfriend are looking at moving to spain shortly , and we are thinking of setting a business up in spain and im just thinking ahead , tax in spain , how does paying tax compare to the uk are you taxed higher or lower and what percent do you pay ?
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:25 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TAX in spain

I can't help you on business taxes but personal income tax is generally higher in Spain as the personal allowances are lower and the tax rates are higher.

The basic rate is 24% and it goes up in bands to a maximum of 43%.

Of course it's never as simple as this (the tax manual has nearly 700 pages!) and there are some special situations that are taxed differently but that should give you an idea.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 7:49 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default Re: TAX in spain

Originally Posted by Fred James
I can't help you on business taxes but personal income tax is generally higher in Spain as the personal allowances are lower and the tax rates are higher.

The basic rate is 24% and it goes up in bands to a maximum of 43%.

Of course it's never as simple as this (the tax manual has nearly 700 pages!) and there are some special situations that are taxed differently but that should give you an idea.
thanks fred