Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Free Spanish Villas I dont believe it Gordon, Its True Darling.

Free Spanish Villas I dont believe it Gordon, Its True Darling.

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:53 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Free Spanish Villas I dont believe it Gordon, Its True Darling.

Heres some doom to add to your gloom Pound at the lowest since it began against the Euro...................No your holiday home is going to be ................................... WORTHLESS Mother

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ess/article.do
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:02 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Spanish Villas I dont believe it Gordon, Its True Darling.

Simple economics will decide if routes stay open. I doubt that any areas in Spain will become no go zones.

For Spain, the prices of flights may well go up, but given that so many flights were free, or damn nearly so, is that such a problem? Many times we flew, we paid more in taxes than we ever did for the flights.

In some cases you might have to pay more for the flight and then drive further from a different airport, but will that really stop many of us from visiting our holiday home?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

george43 will become famous soon enough

I think you are right Bill but IMO nothing will get better until we get Laurel and Hardy out of Downing street.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, Ryanair have said that they plan to cut prices this winter, not raise them. Also, the scare story about holiday homes refers to Bulgaria and Romania rather than Spain.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mr O'Leary said: 'If you are a property owner in places in Yugoslavia or in Romania, depending on some of Ryanair's flights to those countries, you may have some worries but my job is not to guarantee the property values in Romania or Bulgaria.'
He said he found it hard to feel sympathy for the owners of holiday homes.

That just about sums up that gobby sh!te. These are the people who are buying his flights and giving him the benefit of their hard earned cash
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Mr O'Leary said: 'If you are a property owner in places in Yugoslavia or in Romania, depending on some of Ryanair's flights to those countries, you may have some worries but my job is not to guarantee the property values in Romania or Bulgaria.'
He said he found it hard to feel sympathy for the owners of holiday homes.

That just about sums up that gobby sh!te. These are the people who are buying his flights and giving him the benefit of their hard earned cash

Why should he feel sympathy? ,Ryanair is a business not a charity, people have never had it so cheap to travel thanks to the likes of him,if prices go up tough,everything else has, you dont have to buy a foriegn holiday home and you dont have to fly Ryanair,its a free (almost) country/europe,
Anyone buying in eastern europe(and spain) who thinks its all risk free is deluded!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:17 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george43
I think you are right Bill but IMO nothing will get better until we get Laurel and Hardy out of Downing street.
And replace them with what, Noddy and Bigears?

Here's my predictions for the next government. Whomsoever they might be.

1. There will be more taxes.

2. There will be more red tape.

3. There will be less personal freedom.

To be fair, which ever party were in, you couldn't blame them for the oil prices and the morons selling dodgy mortgages.

Nothing Gordon does is as bad as that little sh*t Lamont jacking up the mortgage rate by 50% in a single day.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:30 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Why should he feel sympathy? ,Ryanair is a business not a charity,
Because he is talking about his customers Rotor. I dont see what your comment about business or charity has got to do with it to be honest, I'm talking about his attitude not his profits. I have seen numerous examples of how he treats his own customers with contempt and I think that is disrespectful.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:37 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I beg to differ; I think Rotor is on the right track, and O'Leary is trying to warn you that you left your ears (and brains?) in Britian.

There is a recession COMING; it ain't here yet. Ryanair will not subsidise its unprofitable routes. A viable business is there simply to make a profit. Ryanair owes no customers nothing. If you can fly cheaper or better then if he considers that he is able to beat the price and still make a profit, then he MAY do so. He is not obligated.
When my children bought the house I live in, BUZZ was the airline with flights to Jerez. It is very much cheaper now with Ryanair

Dave
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:24 pm
bil
Banned

Yeah, but Mitz is right. It makes sense to sympathise with your customers.

He packs us in like cattle, because that's what you have to do to keep prices at rock bottom.

To say 'Tough tittie' to the cattle isn't always wise.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

I think in business terms he's just 'done a Ratner'.

I also can't understand why a global financial crisis calls for uproar against national governments. Bad politics hasn't caused this mess, greed, carelessness and the influence of the all powerful idiot lantern (TV) have.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 10:41 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I beg to differ; I think Rotor is on the right track, and O'Leary is trying to warn you that you left your ears (and brains?) in Britian.

There is a recession COMING; it ain't here yet. Ryanair will not subsidise its unprofitable routes. A viable business is there simply to make a profit. Ryanair owes no customers nothing. If you can fly cheaper or better then if he considers that he is able to beat the price and still make a profit, then he MAY do so. He is not obligated.
When my children bought the house I live in, BUZZ was the airline with flights to Jerez. It is very much cheaper now with Ryanair

Dave
Forgive me for saying Dave, but completely off my point again .... I choose not to travel with Ryanair. Thats my choice. But I wasn't saying they owe us anything, its just a pure clear good business mentality to treat your clients with respect. And he doesn't. Your comments, mate, have nothing to do with my point. As I said I'm not commenting on his service or profits, purely his cr@p attitude.

If people choose to travel with an airline who has a man who has no respect for his customers then so be it. I won't

And O'Leary is telling me I've left my Brains in Britain???
I dont think so ... I'm quite happy thank you very much
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Forgive me for saying Dave, but completely off my point again .... I choose not to travel with Ryanair. Thats my choice. But I wasn't saying they owe us anything, its just a pure clear good business mentality to treat your clients with respect. And he doesn't. Your comments, mate, have nothing to do with my point. As I said I'm not commenting on his service or profits, purely his cr@p attitude.

If people choose to travel with an airline who has a man who has no respect for his customers then so be it. I won't

And O'Leary is telling me I've left my Brains in Britain???
I dont think so ... I'm quite happy thank you very much
Michael 'Gobshyte' O'Leary is exactly that and more, I never fail to be amazed at what crap he will come out with next, some kind of showman !! I get ryanair Google alerts and have been reading the "two fingers to the holiday homes people" story, not long after that he was quoted as saying this -

House prices are falling, food costs are rising but Mr O’Leary is convinced that everyone needs a holiday, particularly in a recession. “It will never go horrendously wrong when you’re offering the cheapest fares in Europe. We just have to keep flying more aircraft, opening up more routes and offering people more cheap flights".

“We are the perfect airline for the recession. You don’t want to waste any money at the moment on overpriced flights that will be delayed out of Heathrow while your bags are lost.”
The complete opposite of earlier IMO. He does not have respect for anyone and to some he is quite a vile unpleasant person.

However IMO he does now and then make some very good points but usually not much to back it up.

I wonder maybe he would make a better Gordon Brown, lol
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:20 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitzy,

I beg to differ; O'Leary is a very good businessman who knows that by saying what he said, he has let Ryanair "off the hook" when it wants to close unprofitable routes. He also has publicly said that holiday home owners will not change the Ryanair decision. Everybody can choose which airline they want to fly with; Ryanair offer a service that is successful. People are still flocking to buy tickets (me included). If he panders to his customers whims then pressure will be put on him to change his successful profitable ways.
I say "Good on yer O'Leary - long may your airline be successful" and keep the comments coming as I can interpret them in respect of the global world events.
Dave
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

I have to concur with dfx - Michael O'Leary is a good businessman. If having a 'gobby' personality is the way to keep landing charges down, so that we all can have cheap flights, then I am with O'Leary every time.
I can remember the days, with Aer Lingus having the monopoly ,when to fly in or out of Ireland cost HUNDREDS of pounds.
Nobody thought of the common man in those days, we had to use the cattle boats.
Changed days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.