tax question

Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tax question

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Fred James,

Yes they do seem to have a crazy way of calculating the valor catastral, we bought our plot in Feb paying €130,000 for it and within a few weeks on the catastral website the value was listed as €30,000. I then tried to arrange to pay any taxes due but was told that it would take about 2 years for the Ayntamiento to list us as taxable. I have since read that you do not pay tax on a plot only on the house and land when it is finished.

We will have to register the house on the plot when it is complete and I suppose that will affect the catastral value but if they manage to stick to a 25% valuation I will not mind one bit.

Regards,

John.
John, was it an urban plot or a rustic plot? Ours is a rustic plot so has little value. We actually have an ajoining 1200m2 plot and the IBI on that i 1.02 Euros! I was surprised to get two denamns but that is probably because the % on the land is less than the % on the house.

It did take about 2 years to get the first bill and they had the nerve to fine us 20% because we paid it late!

We certainly never had a demand for the plot before it had a house on it.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: tax question

Originally Posted by Fred James
John, was it an urban plot or a rustic plot? Ours is a rustic plot so has little value. We actually have an ajoining 1200m2 plot and the IBI on that i 1.02 Euros! I was surprised to get two denamns but that is probably because the % on the land is less than the % on the house.

It did take about 2 years to get the first bill and they had the nerve to fine us 20% because we paid it late!

We certainly never had a demand for the plot before it had a house on it.
Hi Fred James,

It is on Costa Esuri which is urbanised rustic land with all the infrastucture provided by the developer Fadesa. Looks like the 2 years is about right then! I was chasing it so that I would not be fined but the Ayuntamiento did not want to know.

Regards,

John.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sortedtoo
where do i find the catastral website?
Hi Sotedtoo,

There are several sites where you can get into the information about your plot but this one is, as the kids say, wicked!

http://www.maps.data-spain.com/cadastral/

Regards,

John.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Sotedtoo,

There are several sites where you can get into the information about your plot but this one is, as the kids say, wicked!

http://www.maps.data-spain.com/cadastral/

Regards,

John.

Hi John - I cannot see where the cadastral value is shown on website?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 6:42 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Sortedtoo and John, try this one - it seems quicker.

http://www.goolzoom.com/

You can access the Catasrtal details easily but I dont think you can access the Catastral values from any of these sites.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Sortedtoo and John, try this one - it seems quicker.

http://www.goolzoom.com/

You can access the Catasrtal details easily but I dont think you can access the Catastral values from any of these sites.
this one is really good, showing pictures from the air too!

i'm sure someone said they had looked up their catastral value on web
Old Sep 9th 2007, 7:05 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sortedtoo
this one is really good, showing pictures from the air too!

i'm sure someone said they had looked up their catastral value on web
¿ Ummmmm maybe the link is in Free beer thread courtesy of Keith ? ;-))
Old Sep 9th 2007, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

There is litttle rhyme nor reason for the way IBI is calculated.

Well that's not actually true because the tax is a given factor multiplied by the Catastral value. It's these figures that vary enormously from place to place.

We have 8000m2 of rustic land on which we built a house. The tax on the land is based on a factor of 0.7% of the catastral value which is 145 Euros (how I wish that's what I paid for it!). That makes 10 Euros.

The house has a Catastral value of 43000 Euros. The Urban IBI rate is 0.9% so I pay another 387 Euros. This value is a joke as the house cost nearly 8times that to build and is worth a lot more.

In other areas the Catastral value might be higher and the % rate lower.
A further aspect to allow for is the 20% surcharge for not paying within the stipulated period, usually 3 months. Unfortunately, some town councils appear to make no effort to send out the initial demand prior to the payment period and you only receive notice once the surcharge is payable. This happens for example in Ayamonte, Huelva.
Iant
Old Sep 9th 2007, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

Am I right in thinking that catastral, is the area of land that you own and pay taxes on?

If so ours is a rural plot of 6000 sq mtrs, however the catastral number is the exact same as the further 3 properties that all have roughly the same size, in other words it was one huge plot that has been sub-divided by the builder/developer into 6000 sq mtr plots.

If this number is the same as the others (checked it with that link above) does that mean we pay tax on the one huge plot even though others also own it?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! What large plots you all have!!

Ours is only 508 sq m. (urban land)
We bought it last December, and we've had a catastral bill for the plot this year.
In fact, the people we bought it from, showed us the previous years' bills too.

It was about 21 Euros if memory serves me right
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iant
A further aspect to allow for is the 20% surcharge for not paying within the stipulated period, usually 3 months. Unfortunately, some town councils appear to make no effort to send out the initial demand prior to the payment period and you only receive notice once the surcharge is payable. This happens for example in Ayamonte, Huelva.
Iant
Hi Iant and brisca,

Good to know that Ayamonte are dilatory in issuing their bills (to their advantage of course). CE is in that Ayuntamiento area and I have been trying to find out since January what our bill would be. We have a Cadastral value but they told us in July that it would take two years for the figures to come through. I will keep on the case in October when we are out next.

brisca, I understood from another site that you did not have to pay the tax on plots with no houses. Looks as though that was wrong! Maybe the owner thought that if the council did not bill like Ayamonte then there was no IBI for plots and when his first bill arrived after he had built his house it was truly the first bill and not a summation of outstanding bills + surcharges.

Regards,

John.