Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taller mecanico mechanci wanted around Lliria valencia

Taller mecanico mechanci wanted around Lliria valencia

Old May 19th 2010, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice
Default Taller mecanico mechanci wanted around Lliria valencia

Hi, not sure if this is the place to ask but does anyone know of a taller mecanico (car mechanic) to fix our bucket of a car, in lliria, valencia,or nearby? (for example benisano, marines, olocau, domeno, l'eliana, and so on? They dont have to be british, in fact i would prefer they weren't, as long as i can get across what's wrong with the damn thing........

not had much luck with British ones so far, (i guess they are the same as all the ones who have come over here saying that they are "builders" just because they once tiled a bathroom for their mum in Macclesfield back in 1978???)!

........especially problems with a welsh bloke from macastre near Montroy who i'm probably not allowed to name and shame here, but has left car worse than when he was given it to work on. Need a top end rebuild now with new Cam instead of the valves which was problem before and now aircon also doesn't work at all and its getting hotter!

Only thing is i need a courtesy car (a legal, spanish plated left hand drive one! to borrow.

anyone?

Any help would be massively appreciated, getting fed up with our petrol car sounding like a badly maintained diesel.

oh and PS, dont deal with an ebay seller called simon from Chiva, and his mate Cesar, with the ebay id ppiltd . PM me and i will tell you why.
Old May 19th 2010, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taller mecanico mechanci wanted around Lliria valencia

There is a Spanish guy in Benagausil right next to the roundabout by the station. I used him a few times and He was excellent. Not sure about a courtesy car though.
Old May 19th 2010, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

hiya Tim, long time no hear! I guess maybe i rarely go onthis site, just find myself tonight with some time on my hands.

Hows it going? are you in UK or back here? Havent seen you since you came around with Craig when we moved to Lliria in November last year. (all is going great by the way, love living around here).

Yes, having a few car issues (why the hell are they so damn expensive here). Its the courtesy car thing, dont care who repairs it as long as it gets done very quickly before it falls apart, and would rather give the business to a Spaniard. Our experienes so far in spain has put me off the english.

Any idea how i ask, in spanish, or valenciano, wether they have a courtesy car to borrow? There are quite a few mechanics in and around lliria but again its the language, not good enough yet!?
Old May 19th 2010, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

have had a bloke in pedralba do a bit of work for us and he is good but busy with other things fair enough, and we need it done sooner than he can get around to helping us.

Did use a bloke from Macastre who totally f*****d the car up, its worse than before, so wont use him again.

cars!!!!!!!!!! :curse:
Old May 19th 2010, 6:17 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt very much that you will get a courtesy car from a small outfit/one man band, main dealer yes, but you will pay a lot.
I can throughly recommend a local small Spanish garage who will not tuck you up, but no courtesy car.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by playamonte
I doubt very much that you will get a courtesy car from a small outfit/one man band, main dealer yes, but you will pay a lot.
I can throughly recommend a local small Spanish garage who will not tuck you up, but no courtesy car.

gracias. Its a bummer tho, as we are 100% reliant on having a car, well 99% as there are infrequent buses here, but you know, it should be so easy. maybe i will have to wait a week and half until matey who DOES have a car to lend is free to work on the car, hoepfully "el cubo" (the bucket) will last until then?