Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New traffic laws:

New traffic laws:

Old May 18th 2010, 10:13 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default New traffic laws:

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/espana/...03_8491023.htm
The above says there are some new motoring laws.

There is a range of speeds to which there is accuracy given ie 3 to 10%
to which you can be fined. However there are no details of where this is used.
You cannot use radar detectors.
The level of fines have been changed and you can pay by CC at the point of offence. There is also a discount if you pay early the fine.
Bicycles must have light at night.

It is not in this article but the operation of a GPS whilst driving is now also incurs a fine
Old May 18th 2010, 10:25 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New traffic laws:

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo

The level of fines have been changed and you can pay by CC at the point of offence. There is also a discount if you pay early the fine.

It is not in this article but the operation of a GPS whilst driving is now also incurs a fine
I saw much the same in Las Provincias this morning

it also said you get a 50% discount if you pay the fine within 20 days

this is the online version

the paper version gave a table of infracciones and multas
Old May 18th 2010, 10:32 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Surely the GPS law only applies to the driver having sight of the screen and not to the voice commentary?
Old May 18th 2010, 10:41 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Surely the GPS law only applies to the driver having sight of the screen and not to the voice commentary?
... so does this mean that you can't use sat-navs whilst driving??!!?
Old May 18th 2010, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Fredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the roughFredthered is a jewel in the rough

Is that 'operating' a GPS (ie pressing the buttons), or having a GPS in operation (as in listening to the directions) ?

Either way it's a hellova shock for any unsuspecting foreign visitor merrily trying to find his way !
If he actually has a Radar Detector fitted, which he regularly uses at home, YIKES !!!

Cheers
Fredthered
Old May 18th 2010, 11:57 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

With regard to the sat nav, is this the version you stick on your windscreen or does it still apply if it's built into part of you dashboard?
Old May 18th 2010, 12:28 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The new law is detailed on the Trafico site at

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten...Prensa0046.pdf

As for GPS - you are allowed to use one but you cannot press any buttons on it - just like you cannot "manually" use a mobile phone.
Old May 18th 2010, 12:58 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I thought I was clear when I said operating..Yes programming operating pushing buttons...but not listing to the thing droning on.

Thanks for the link Fred.

I also thought it was already illegal to have a GPS screen placed where it blocks your vision.

Last edited by Casa Santo Estevo; May 18th 2010 at 1:02 pm.
Old May 18th 2010, 2:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I also thought it was already illegal to have a GPS screen placed where it blocks your vision.
How do you define "block your vision" - sun visors do that and so does a large rear view mirror!

Anyway, unless you have a Trafico car up your bumper, or a really good speed camera, how on earth can they prove that you were pressing a button?
Old May 18th 2010, 3:59 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
How do you define "block your vision" - sun visors do that and so does a large rear view mirror!

Anyway, unless you have a Trafico car up your bumper, or a really good speed camera, how on earth can they prove that you were pressing a button?
I was under the impression from a previous thread that it was illegal to have a screen anywhere in line of sight of the driver.

Regarding blocking of vision,surely its safer on top of the dash,(head up display),..than looking down below the dash whilst driving?

Agree with Fred regarding pressing buttons or operating one,especially a fitted one below the dash level,..surely that would be a difficult if not impossible law to enforce,...who is to know which controls you were operating,.eg heater controls, stereo,..whatever?
Old May 18th 2010, 4:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I thought I was clear when I said operating..Yes programming operating pushing buttons...but not listing to the thing droning on.

Thanks for the link Fred.

Most of the Ambulances use them here.
Old May 18th 2010, 4:18 pm

I was under the impression from a previous thread that it was illegal to have a screen anywhere in line of sight of the driver.
On that basis speedometers and revcounters would be illegal.

You are allowed to look at it but not to program it.
Old May 18th 2010, 5:31 pm

Dont ask me! try it yourself and see if the GC can see what you are doing. I would be interested to read your report about what happens

Originally Posted by jdr
Most of the Ambulances use them here.
When I was taken to hospital a few years ago they were using the mobile phone to see which hospital had bed space. The driver was swing the van all over the road. His buddy was in the back taking care of me!
Old May 18th 2010, 5:46 pm
On the road again.

On that basis speedometers and revcounters would be illegal.

You are allowed to look at it but not to program it.
Big difference between a micro-second glance at a speedo and trying to study a map on a small screen.
Old May 18th 2010, 6:07 pm

Big difference between a micro-second glance at a speedo and trying to study a map on a small screen.
I haven't got one and I don't want one (I usually know where I am going).

I thought they were supposed to talk you through the options. If you have to look at it all the time then I certainly don't want one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.