Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

taking my rabbit to spain

taking my rabbit to spain

Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all
Default taking my rabbit to spain

Hi,
No it's not a joke, does anyone know what i have to do to bring my rabbit from the uk to spain please.

I know to my family here in the uk it's only a rabbit but to me she is my baby and i do not know what to do?

The vet laughed when i rang up to ask what i needed to do so i thought i would come on here and ask.

All help would be appreciated
Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: taking my rabbit to spain

Originally Posted by the sun is shining
Hi,
No it's not a joke, does anyone know what i have to do to bring my rabbit from the uk to spain please.

I know to my family here in the uk it's only a rabbit but to me she is my baby and i do not know what to do?

The vet laughed when i rang up to ask what i needed to do so i thought i would come on here and ask.

Well most of the passport regulations for animals help you mostly if you want to bring your pet back into the UK afterwards from Spain. Its very seldom apparantly that any checks are done going into Spain. So, not wishing to get on to a touchy subject, how long does a Rabbit live? Are you likely to be taking it back? If you go for the full pet passport, with injections it will cost you about £180.00
Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:35 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

The following should help, it starts off by discussing the issues of taking a rabbit into the UK but if you read on it also gives some useful info about other parts of europe too.

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/rwf/art...quarantine.htm

Sue
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:46 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Only a true animal lover will understand you. Dont panic and dont listen to unsympathetic morons. You will find a way. The Vet shoudnt be practicing: just like doctors in the uk he probably qualified by his shoe straps!! Unfortunately I cant help but I know how you feel.
I hate humans with a passion!!

Nomad
Old Aug 21st 2006, 1:22 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say this thread piqued my interest, but now I'm disappointed.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 2:24 am
---------

Nomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond reputeNomad_H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Thats because your a hare brain!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

the sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to allthe sun is shining is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well most of the passport regulations for animals help you mostly if you want to bring your pet back into the UK afterwards from Spain. Its very seldom apparantly that any checks are done going into Spain. So, not wishing to get on to a touchy subject, how long does a Rabbit live? Are you likely to be taking it back? If you go for the full pet passport, with injections it will cost you about £180.00
Hi,
I dont mind paying, however i was not sure coz everyone laughs i.e vets, i hear of dogs etc going but never a rabbit, and i have family that would look after her but she is part of the family so i did not know if i just took her in to spain with us.
but thank you for you kind help.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 2:52 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: taking my rabbit to spain

here is a link to Defra's site which gives all the regulations when transporting your pet to Europe..

DEFRA
Old Aug 21st 2006, 3:21 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I dont mind paying, however i was not sure coz everyone laughs i.e vets, i hear of dogs etc going but never a rabbit, and i have family that would look after her but she is part of the family so i did not know if i just took her in to spain with us.
but thank you for you kind help.
My daughter transported her rabbit and Guinea pig from Spain to Manchester and it cost about 300€. If you are driving yourself it will be a lot cheaper.
They are classed as vermin so you dont need passports, jabs or any paperwork except a vets good health certificate.
It is bad luck to take a rabbit on a boat, so i reckon they would go through the tunnel

Last edited by jdr; Aug 21st 2006 at 3:23 pm.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 3:50 pm
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

I have a lovely recipe for rabbit
mmm makes me hungry.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 4:25 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
GREAT MIND'S THINK ALIKE, I TOO THOUGHT EHH UP WHAT'S THIS,
WE LIVE IN HOPE GRUFFBROWN
Old Aug 21st 2006, 4:28 pm
RIP

BIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud ofBIG JIM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BritBull
I have a lovely recipe for rabbit
mmm makes me hungry.
SORRY BRIT BULL I LIKED GRUFFBROWN'S APPROACH MORE
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:11 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Talking about pets in Spain - there are 3 types that need to be microchipped by law.

Cats, dogs and - ?

Answers on a post card please
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 9:25 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fred James
Talking about pets in Spain - there are 3 types that need to be microchipped by law.

Cats, dogs and - ?

Answers on a post card please
Goldfish?
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 11:01 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBull
Goldfish?

He said on a post card!!!!