Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taking in a Donkey

Taking in a Donkey

Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:16 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking in a Donkey

Originally Posted by cardinal
This old mare is already part chorizo. It´s going to need some medical treatment to say the least. I don´t even know why it goes back home to whoever is doing that to it. Pretty disgusting.
But anyway, it would need a really long marinade, I can see that.
What are the signs of mistreatment, beyond the fact you appear to think its old and knackered anyway?
Maybe the owner is too sentimental to have it put down or too skint too afford a vet?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cardinal
HI
A really mistreated donkey has been coming to our finca to visit and eat what we give it. If the "owner" whom we´ve located, doesn´t gouge us too much, we´ll take it on. Any helpful advice would be most appreciated.
Depends on what you mean by take it on.
If you mean take over the food and watering, I can't see the owner objecting, though they don't like people sticking their nose in sometimes.
If you mean take over ownership, that is a whole new thing and I would urge you to not do so as it involves a lot of paperwork and money.
It would be a full time commitment, not to be entered into lightly.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 1:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

They make great salami donkeys do...