Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ITV stickers...

ITV stickers...

Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:33 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light
Question ITV stickers...

Somebody brought to my attention today the fact that I had four ITV stickers on my windscreen (3 old ones and 1 up to date).
He said that he had been told by his driving instructor that if stopped. The GC will fine you about 400 euros for each ITV sticker that is out of date on your windscreen.
His English isn't brilliant so I couldn't make out the whole story and wasn't sure if he meant, if you 'only have out of date ones on there and no valid ones' or 'if you have a valid one on there they will fine you anyway for the ones that aren't'.
Does anyone know?
If you do, let us know so I can get outside and get scraping..
CHEERS......
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:44 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ITV stickers...

I used to collect stickers as well when I was 9. But these ones you have to take off. ;-)
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:50 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Start scraping.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:56 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
I used to collect stickers as well when I was 9. But these ones you have to take off. ;-)
Originally Posted by HBG
Start scraping.
You're joking me?
I have been stopped soooo many times with them on and never been hassled at all.. By GC, Local and Nacional.. I bet they were waiting for me to build up a load and then cash in on me around christmas time.
Thank you for that.. Are there any other obvious things like that I should know?
I did think a few years ago that the colours would have to reoccur and you could maybe slip past unnoticed..
Of to the windscreen with my boiling water and stanley blade then..
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:10 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
You're joking me?
I have been stopped soooo many times with them on and never been hassled at all.. By GC, Local and Nacional.. I bet they were waiting for me to build up a load and then cash in on me around christmas time.
Thank you for that.. Are there any other obvious things like that I should know?
I did think a few years ago that the colours would have to reoccur and you could maybe slip past unnoticed..
Yeah, a bankstatement/slip with proof that you paid the insurance.
Spanish Drivinglicense if you´re here longer than 6 months or if you are a resident. (however, check this in your local trafico dept.)
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:12 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I have a collection of ITV stickers on my van...about 8 now (inc a current one of course) and I get stopped regularly by the Guardia...they've never been mentioned yet. They are usually too busy searching the interior, mind...
Old Mar 24th 2010, 9:23 pm
HOODIE

Originally Posted by Jur
Spanish Drivinglicense if you´re here longer than 6 months or if you are a resident. (however, check this in your local trafico dept.)
This I believe I have. (The statement thing).
However I am looking to change my license but need to renew it with DVLA first I think. (Did check with trafico via my gistor and he said my UK one was fine, don't know if new laws mean it needs changing, but he told me that about a month ago) I want a Spanish one anyway.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Insurance is on police car computer database now so you don`t need to carry it now.
UK driving licence is legal all over Europe.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:23 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by jdr
Insurance is on police car computer database now so you don`t need to carry it now.
Yeah yeah, come meet the coppers in Huelva province and you tell ´em!

Please bring a computer so you can show them what one looks like.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:01 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes you must remove old stickers; if Guardia Civil are in the mood they can fine you (obstructing your view) - usually they don't BUT ....

If you wear spectacles, you must have a spare pair; two warning triangles, set of replacement lights (even if you can't fit them by the roadside), a reflective jacket with the approved mark of authenticity for each passenger, in theory a spare fan belt and the tools to replace it, in theory a medical kit.

Your green ficha technical AND the pass certificate if the car is four or more years old (three for commercial). The "permiso de circulacion" the post card with the "E" in the top left hand corner OR the replacement one (A5 sized) with "registration Document" in 19 languages.

Your residents card, passport or identity card
Oh and I forgot the theoretical fire extinguisher - unless they have changed the rules in which case anyting Guardia Civil can think of

Davexf
Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:26 am
Getting younger every day

sagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond reputesagalaut has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Yes you must remove old stickers; if Guardia Civil are in the mood they can fine you (obstructing your view) - usually they don't BUT ....

If you wear spectacles, you must have a spare pair; two warning triangles, set of replacement lights (even if you can't fit them by the roadside), a reflective jacket with the approved mark of authenticity for each passenger, in theory a spare fan belt and the tools to replace it, in theory a medical kit.

Your green ficha technical AND the pass certificate if the car is four or more years old (three for commercial). The "permiso de circulacion" the post card with the "E" in the top left hand corner OR the replacement one (A5 sized) with "registration Document" in 19 languages.

Your residents card, passport or identity card
Oh and I forgot the theoretical fire extinguisher - unless they have changed the rules in which case anyting Guardia Civil can think of

Davexf
You forgot the cuddly toy
Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
You're joking me?
Why do you want to obstruct your view with out of date stickers? , also boiling water will crack your screen! do you sell/fit windscreens?
Old Mar 25th 2010, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I guess they can check its validity over the radio as well as when Ive been stopped they only seem interested in my DL and usually take to their car for five minutes to check it out.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:01 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
I guess they can check its validity over the radio as well as when Ive been stopped they only seem interested in my DL and usually take to their car for five minutes to check it out.
The Guardia had a van parked at the garage near us and they were stopping people on the roundabout and sending them to the van to check all the paperwork out, then 3 gruas turned up to take the illegal cars away for a holiday.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Spare bulbs are now no longer required - they now accept they are too difficult to fit on modern car and it should be done in the dealers.

For DL information see here

http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...-in-spain/cars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.