Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ITV stickers...

ITV stickers...

Old Mar 25th 2010, 1:52 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ITV stickers...

Originally Posted by Rotor
Why do you want to obstruct your view with out of date stickers? , also boiling water will crack your screen! do you sell/fit windscreens?
They were being kept on there for a record really, just to show the history that for the past x amount of years it has been ITV'd.. I was told previously to keep some on there, now this new statement seems contradictory to that, hence the question. I was going to try and fill the whole windscreen and just have a circle left where I could peep through.

Nope, I don't sell windscreens and they have never cracked before when I poured boiling water on them. I threw a bit of a spark plug at one once and it shattered though.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Yes you must remove old stickers; if Guardia Civil are in the mood they can fine you (obstructing your view) - usually they don't BUT ....
]What if the stickers are on the passenger side at the top or side of the windscreen and not obstructing the view?
It's strange isn't it that in all my years here I never knew this or heard of any one being done for it. Most people round here seem to take a pride in their collection and do it for decoration.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
]What if the stickers are on the passenger side at the top or side of the windscreen and not obstructing the view?
It's strange isn't it that in all my years here I never knew this or heard of any one being done for it. Most people round here seem to take a pride in their collection and do it for decoration.
I cant understand why you want them ,they look a mess ,nobody is impressed , traffico or future buyers!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 3:51 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

I cant understand why you want them ,they look a mess ,nobody is impressed , traffico or future buyers!
I 'WAS' getting impressed with mine until now. I saw someone the other day with half a windscreen covered as it goes. On the passenger side though.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I like them and I'm not trying to impress any one.

Does this mean that fluffy dice are also illegal? come to think of it does that mean putting down the sun visor is also illegal, I mean they could be said to be blocking the view also
Old Apr 13th 2010, 8:57 pm
HOODIE

Asked one of the dibble today about my stickers and he said as long as they are in a nice straight line going vertical and not spreading out across the windscreen I am fine, as long as I have the up to date one too. He also stated he was quite jealous of my display and wishes he'd not scratched his off the other day.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 9:37 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We were advised to take ours off the other day (only three including the current one) as the police were fining people (Brits) who had more than one.

So we just have the current one now.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scampicat
We were advised to take ours off the other day (only three including the current one) as the police were fining people (Brits) who had more than one.

So we just have the current one now.
Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
The GC will fine you about 400 euros for each ITV sticker that is out of date on your windscreen
ouch!!!

Originally Posted by Jur
Yeah yeah, come meet the coppers in Huelva province and you tell ┬┤em!

Please bring a computer so you can show them what one looks like.
rofl, they cant be that far behind ?

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
This I believe I have. (The statement thing).
However I am looking to change my license but need to renew it with DVLA first I think. (Did check with trafico via my gistor and he said my UK one was fine, don't know if new laws mean it needs changing, but he told me that about a month ago) I want a Spanish one anyway.
no, you dont - just go to malaga and get a new one.

i carry itv sticker, insurance prrof, bulbs, two triangles, jackets, first aid kit. not sure where the pasengers go ! lol