Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Taken the plunge - To Do list!

Taken the plunge - To Do list!

Old Feb 1st 2018, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Taken the plunge - To Do list!

Hey all,

Had great advice from here before and actively read the forum. As per the thread title, I've taken the [sensible] plunge and taken a six month let on a room in an apartment share in Valencia city! [Edit] I'm planning on spending a week to (at most) two weeks a month in Spain. [/Edit] All bills are included with the room, so I don't have to worry about that. I understand the 183 day rule (I'm self-employed) and I've started making a checklist, but I was hoping you lovely, experienced people can give me any tips or pointers for next steps!

Thanks in advance! =)

Last edited by Opinion; Feb 1st 2018 at 5:36 pm. Reason: Clarification
Old Feb 1st 2018, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taken the plunge - To Do list!

Hi!
Do you intend being 'above' or ' below' the radar? For example, in your case after 90 days you should apply for 'residency' You will have to show income and health cover. You can get around this by taking a day out of Spain to stop / start the clock, but will Spain be your 'centre if economic interests' Have a trawl around the site, plenty of preliminary info. Congratulations on the move!
Old Feb 1st 2018, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Opinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond reputeOpinion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taken the plunge - To Do list!

Hey, sorry, I should have been clearer in my post- I'll only be flying out for a week to two weeks (at most) per month, so I think that solves the 90 day issue? My understanding is I'm okay as long as I spend less than 183/365 over there? (Yeah, I need to do more reading!)

My businesses are all LTD Companies in the UK and all earnings are/will continue to be made in the UK.