Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Switching current COVID certificate to Spanish one?

Switching current COVID certificate to Spanish one?

Old Oct 27th 2021, 11:00 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Switching current COVID certificate to Spanish one?

Has anyone tried to get a local Spanish COVID-19 vaccination certificate by presenting your foreign-issued one? Is this something that can be done here?

I know Singapore does this for anyone interested (both short and long-term visitors) by presenting your certificate and taking a serological test. Surely other countries have similar schemes to help out returnees?
Old Oct 27th 2021, 12:57 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Switching current COVID certificate to Spanish one?

This information was published by the Spanish embassy in Singapore, oddly enough, but it should be applicable wherever you got a vaccination outside of Spain.

Verificación y registro en España de vacunas COVID-19 administradas en otros países

The procedure depends on which region you live in in Spain. If your region recognises foreign vaccinations and you give them enough information to approve yours, they can enter it onto the system and generate an EU Covid certificate.
Old Oct 28th 2021, 9:27 am

astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. And to be in the system do you need to just register with a NIE if on an everyday basis you're covered by private insurance?
Old Oct 28th 2021, 4:47 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Ah. You need to be registered with your regional health service.

They might enrol you temporarily to generate a certificate like they enrolled people temporarily to give them the vaccine. But you would need to keep a PDF/paper copy because once deregistered you won't be able to log into the regional health app to show the QR code.
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by DLC
Ah. You need to be registered with your regional health service.
Are there some requirements for being able to do so, like being resident for at least 1 yr+?

Or can anyone who has moved here (and has a padron even) register with them straight away?
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Are there some requirements for being able to do so, like being resident for at least 1 yr+?

Or can anyone who has moved here (and has a padron even) register with them straight away?
If you are not registered with the health system I doubt they will do anything. I dont think they will allow you to register just to allow a EU digital passport
Old Nov 2nd 2021, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter came on holiday and whilst with me registered and got vaccinated. She just needed her passport and her German health insurance card.
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mark604
My daughter came on holiday and whilst with me registered and got vaccinated. She just needed her passport and her German health insurance card.
You mean she got the jab(s) here and not just converted her German vaccination certificate into a local one?
Old Nov 3rd 2021, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

Correct, but more to it.

She initially registered with the Spanish health authority at our local hospital reception with her passport/ID and German health insurance details (card)..
She had had the first jab in Germany already, but the second one in Spain. She was told to look online a couple of days after having the Spanish one, on their app, Salud Andalucia.
After inputting her health number and a few other things, she got the details and QR code. But it said it was vaccination number 1, when in fact it was the second.
The first vaccination had a QR code from Germany and was displayed on a German app - CoronaWarn.
She was able to scan in the Spanish QR code in to the German app which them changed the details to two jabs and fully vaccinated.
She didn't try it the other way round and had no need to. As long as one showed both jabs then she was ok.

With me, I was in a similar situation. First one in Germany, second one in Spain but was already registered with the Spanish health authority from years before. I had used the same method of Passport and health insurance card. Me, three kids and a wife all are the same, this daughter as the last one to do so.
But, my German jab was early on and the QR code on the piece of paper I had been given was unreadable by an app.
I got the second jab in Spain, got the QR code as before through the Spanish app, scanned that into the German app which obviously said I'd only got one jab, the Spanish one.
In Sept. I called back in Germany, showed the German print out I'd received first, plus the Spanish print out for the second, called in chemists (Apotheke) who generated a proper two jab fully vaccinated QR code, which I put back in the German CoronaWarn app - which I've had to use several times and had no problems with.

The explanation got away from me a bit, but that's the full info.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...saludandalucia
Old Nov 6th 2021, 5:49 pm

Wow, thanks for the write-up. Getting jabs in two different countries definitely complicates things. Kudos to Germany for thinking two steps ahead and allowing people to import a vaccination QR code from a different member state.

I had both jabs administered in Poland but as I have no national ID number there I cannot register for the local health app - instead I received a print-out with the QR code (after the 2nd jab). So I'm currently looking to somehow "migrate" my vaccination status into a different health system as I need to fly to Australia and would prefer to do so via Singapore... which only accepts vaccination certificates from countries it has quarantine-free travel lanes with (such as Spain or Germany and surprisingly even the UK at present).

Not sure whether to try to get this done here in Spain or fly to the UK just to be in the system, though I'm not registered with the NHS there so not sure how that would even work. Plus here in Spain I'm not signed up for public healthcare and only have Adeslas coverage.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

On the Spanish app, will it scan the QR code on the print out? If not, try the German (CoronaWarn) app. If not, try the French one TousAntiCovid - I have mine in there as well for travelling through France. It scanned ok. If not, I'd see what European apps I can download and keep trying. Some won't let you download them if you're not in that country. In Germany there is also ImpfpassDE.
Can you get all your details into the NHS app?
Then there is a generic app that will digitalise it onto your phone -
https://www.getcovidpass.eu/
Old Nov 7th 2021, 9:44 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

As far as I can tell:

The Spanish apps can't import covid passes from other countries, you need to see your doctor to get foreign vaccinations added to your record, then your region's app will regenerate it as a Spanish EU Covid pass.

The NHS app can't import EU Covid passes and if you see your GP to get foreign vaccinations added to your record they still won't appear in the NHS app.

None of this should really matter as the EU Covid pass should be equally valid whatever country it's generated in. Why is Singapore restricting the pass by country, when all that should really matter is which country you've spent the past two weeks in?
Old Nov 8th 2021, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by DLC
The Spanish apps can't import covid passes from other countries, you need to see your doctor to get foreign vaccinations added to your record, then your region's app will regenerate it as a Spanish EU Covid pass.
This actually looks like my best shot at the moment. If I'm currently registered with Adeslas do I need to register with the public health service or can anyone here use the local Spanish/regional app for their Covid pass?

Originally Posted by DLC
The NHS app can't import EU Covid passes and if you see your GP to get foreign vaccinations added to your record they still won't appear in the NHS app.
Well that pretty much sinks that idea. You can import EU Covid passes in Singapore and Australia... but I need to get there first. Catch-22 situation...

Originally Posted by DLC
None of this should really matter as the EU Covid pass should be equally valid whatever country it's generated in. Why is Singapore restricting the pass by country, when all that should really matter is which country you've spent the past two weeks in?
I agree entirely as they should be treated the same, but currently the requirement is that a person travelling to Singapore from a "Vaccinated Travel Lane" (VTL) country has spent the last 14 days in a VTL country (or countries) and also has a vaccination certificate from any VTL country. Finland and Sweden are about to join the VTL list but still no mention of Poland, so with my Covid certificate I can't even fly there from here (Spain - already on the VTL list).

Getting a Spanish Covid certificate does seem like my best bet here unless I'm missing something...
Old Nov 9th 2021, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

As far as I understand it and have experienced it -
a) you can just register in Spain without needing to be resident. We did and my daughter did but we do have a German private Insurance which enabled us to do so I believe. This will give you a health card number.

b) If you have this and have had a vaccination in Spain it will be registered and accessible via ClicSalud+ - but you cannot see the vaccination from other countries unless you go to your local hospital as we did, and try and persuade them to include it. Good luck with that because they probably won't. They didn't with me but did with my daughter for her first one. But - I think what actually happened is they didn't include her German certificate, they just changed in her record that the jab she had in Spain was her second and not her first.
Same with the SaludAndalucia app.

c) Do me a favour and download the German CoronaWarn app. It is available in all EU countries they say and I think it therefore can be downloaded in Spain or wherever.
After setting it up, in the middle at the bottom it says "Scan". Scan you QR code and see what happens. If it accepts it, all the good. If not, just delete the app. It will prove your physical certificate is a ""EU Digital COVID Certificate",
Here's the Android link, there is an Apple link also. Alternatively try and see if you can download CovPass and do the same. Germany is in the VTL requirements I think so surely if your vaccinations proof is digitalised in their app, wouldn't you be ok? -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pp&hl=en&gl=US

https://digitaler-impfnachweis-app.de/en

https://www.sspa.juntadeandalucia.es...es/portada.jsf

Last edited by Mark604; Nov 9th 2021 at 6:14 am.
Old Nov 9th 2021, 7:03 pm

Many thanks Mark.

I'll try registering for the official Spanish app now that I have local, albeit private, health cover.

I will also see if I can get those jabs put into the system. Just wondering whether I should go to a local GP to get this sorted or whether this can only be done at vaccination centres...

Thanks again for the link to the German CoronaWarn app - when passengers from Germany fly overseas and need to have a vaccination certificate/QR code to prove their status, is this the app they would normally use? If so I'll definitely give it a shot as I basically need to use the same sort of app as everyone else from a VTL-country would use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.