Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sunday lunch in Malaga

Sunday lunch in Malaga

Old Jul 22nd 2015, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

ordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Sunday lunch in Malaga

Looking for some ideas from people who know Malaga.
Have been in La Cala for two weeks and leave next Sunday for Malaga staying overnight at the Barcello at Maria Zambrano station.
Would like a "nice" Sunday lunch in Malaga.
Thinking El Pimpi but looking for ideas.
Me 68 years young who used to install commercial kitchens,think The Ivy,Corrigan's,Dorchester. SWMBO 40+ no bones,no faces no blood.
All ideas welcome
TIA

Last edited by ordenado; Jul 22nd 2015 at 3:19 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 3:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sunday lunch in Malaga

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Fish? Walk down to the beach - come out of the Barcelo, cross the main road and follow to the port then head right, away from the city centre.

The second chiringuito (5 or 10 mins walk) you come to is owned by the Gutiérrez bros. They have a long-established very popular restaurant a bit further along. This newer one is simpler in decor and more affordable but just as fab for food. Highly recommended.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/chiringuit...ez-m%C3%A1laga

Edited to add: But remember on Sundays EVERYONE goes to the beach so either book or arrive before 2pm.

Last edited by rachelk; Jul 22nd 2015 at 4:25 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

ordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond reputeordenado has a reputation beyond repute

Hi rachelk
Wanted to go to Soho and see street art so if I face port left(east) is Danny Garcia's tapas place so right would be your recommendation ?
Have to leave La Cala by 10.00 so bus,train,walk to Soho would be about 12-30ETA
Sounds good
Thanks,will let you know
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I think so. The map on that link is quite good if you zoom in. You might find somewhere you fancy in Soho anyway. From soho it's easy to just follow the port along and the restaurants out that way are nice in the sense of being very popular with locals and barely a tourist in sight.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

rachel sounds great.
Soho sounds a bit not Brit friendly but I don't know.
Like any town centre graffiti area will be anti or luvvie
If I make it will report

Thanks
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, to clarify, you'll find some tourists wandering around Soho, and it's also where the CAC is (Centre for contemporary art) but as you head out in the direction towards the fish restaurant I menitoned you're heading out to a zone where not many tourists get to. It was my old stomping ground when I lived in Málaga and I loved it. Enjoy! (I'm a bit jealous)

Last edited by rachelk; Jul 22nd 2015 at 8:24 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2015, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rachelk
Sorry, to clarify, you'll find some tourists wandering around Soho, and it's also where the CAC is (Centre for contemporary art) but as you head out in the direction towards the fish restaurant I menitoned you're heading out to a zone where not many tourists get to. It was my old stomping ground when I lived in Málaga and I loved it. Enjoy! (I'm a bit jealous)
From your location in you signature my wife and I suspect you are unable to accept an invitation for almeurza(?)
Will post phone fotos
Thanks
O
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I should change that signature as I'm temporarily back in the UK but as I'm heading off again in just over a week it doesn't seem worth it....