Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sun is setting on Spanish property boom

Sun is setting on Spanish property boom

Old Sep 16th 2007, 2:15 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sun is setting on Spanish property boom

There is an urbanisation outside Tibi not completed. The builders pulled out 15 months ago!! The residents are on a generator provided by their selling agents Parador and are paying for that between them with some help from Parador. Not a good situation to be in!
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
There is an urbanisation outside Tibi not completed. The builders pulled out 15 months ago!! The residents are on a generator provided by their selling agents Parador and are paying for that between them with some help from Parador. Not a good situation to be in!
I can see that happening in a few more places too.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 7:46 pm
Banned

rowlandsbb has a spectacular aura aboutrowlandsbb has a spectacular aura aboutrowlandsbb has a spectacular aura about

But why did they complete without a proper electric supply....I suspect that they may not have a 'habitation' licence...are the permits legal?
If you buy in UK you would not complete your purchase without mains water and electric and the house completed to the LA requirements
Same in Spain....we are all part of EU
No Spanish contract forces you to complete unless everything is in order

And if you have a bank guarantee for any money you have paid....which you should have....your money is safe

But what to do if you are in this situation?

All get together, have a professional assessment , accept reality, and then proceed to mitigate the situation and resolve it to all the buyers benefit

How can the developer walk away and Parador be providing your electric!
Lots of questions?
If anyone wants any assistance get in touch [ I will be surprised if you have not got an action group already] and I will give what ever help I can

Brian Rowlands
e-mail [email protected]

Last edited by jdr; Sep 17th 2007 at 4:25 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 8:00 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowlandsbb
But why did they complete without a proper electric supply....I suspect that they may not have a 'habitation' licence...are the permits legal?
If you buy in UK you would not complete your purchase without mains water and electric and the house completed to the LA requirements
Same in Spain....we are all part of EU
No Spanish contract forces you to complete unless everything is in order

And if you have a bank guarantee for any money you have paid....which you should have....your money is safe

But what to do if you are in this situation?

All get together, have a professional assessment , accept reality, and then proceed to mitigate the situation and resolve it to all the buyers benefit

How can the developer walk away and Parador be providing your electric!
Lots of questions?
If anyone wants any assistance get in touch [ I will be surprised if you have not got an action group already] and I will give what ever help I can

Brian Rowlands
e-mail [email protected]
Hi Brian

The urbanisation is near to ours and we got chatting to one of the residents whilst out walking and we strolled into the urb to check out the restaurant on site. The man we spoke to said he moved in last May and got a letter in June (as did all the other purchasers) saying the builders had pulled out He was building his boundary wall himself as that had been left uncompleted! I don't know what they are doing about the situation but it doesn't look good!

Last edited by jdr; Sep 17th 2007 at 4:26 pm.