Reload this Page >

Summer Work in Costa Blanca

Summer Work in Costa Blanca

Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:10 pm
EmK
Just Joined

EmK is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Summer Work in Costa Blanca

Me and my boyfriend are planning to move to the Costa Blanca in June for the Summer and longer if possible. Can anyone give any advice on getting work? Would it be advisable to have work arranged before leaving England or is it easy enough to find work on arrival in Spain?
We can both speak basic Spanish and are not too fussy what kind of work we do (bar, restaurant or hotel work is fine). We also don't mind whereabouts we work as long as we can rent an apartment in the area.

Any advice would be much appreciated
Old Jan 12th 2009, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer Work in Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by EmK
Me and my boyfriend are planning to move to the Costa Blanca in June for the Summer and longer if possible. Can anyone give any advice on getting work? Would it be advisable to have work arranged before leaving England or is it easy enough to find work on arrival in Spain?
We can both speak basic Spanish and are not too fussy what kind of work we do (bar, restaurant or hotel work is fine). We also don't mind whereabouts we work as long as we can rent an apartment in the area.

Welcome to BE & I hope you get some positive, constructive feedback - prepare yourself for the prospect of advice along the lines that it will be difficult, you should have a stash (thousands) of funds to keep you going & you'll be in a long line of people seeking seasonal work..... good luck. Keep us posted.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmK

Well I guess you'll be heading for the main holiday destinations such as Alicante or Benidorm then. I'd be silly to tell you that you'll find work easily in the current economic climate, but bar work in the summer may be a possibility.

You'll need to be aware that it may not pay that well though.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 9:40 pm
wyn
Just Joined

wyn is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, its true take enough money to prepare yourself for any mishaps,
travel around the north and south of spain it looks like you can be pretty flexible which is to your advantage.enjoy yourself you'll both find something.
happy days.
wyn
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

kikichloe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aki Granada

I saw an existing topic re Aki in Granada but ive lost it...sorry for sending this one but exactly where is the Granada Aki as i would like to visit. Ta
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aki Granada

Originally Posted by kikichloe
I saw an existing topic re Aki in Granada but ive lost it...sorry for sending this one but exactly where is the Granada Aki as i would like to visit. Ta
Hi, I think you're lost....but someone'll find you & re-direct you in due course!
Key in Aki Granada (or whatever else you think is appropriate)O into Search at the top of the page....either posts or threads.... and you'll come up with any references to Aki Granada on the forum.
Good luck!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

kikichloe is an unknown quantity at this point

Ta many thanks
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

paul matthews will become famous soon enoughpaul matthews will become famous soon enough

i know that it is quite a long time ago.but nine years ago i went on a two week holiday to benidorm.and in that time i got myself a house share and a job working as a prop for the beachcomber bar in the square.
the money was enough to live on as long as you dont treat it as a holiday and drink it all.i loved it so much that i was there for nearly 7 years so i got my moneys worth out of that holiday.i now have a house in central portugal and have gone for the quieter life before i burned myself out completely.good luck and i hope it all works out for you as there is nothing in blighty for anyone at the moment and things are only going to get worse over the next six months or so.