Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Summer temps in the CB (inland) HELP!!

Summer temps in the CB (inland) HELP!!

Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice
Default Re: Summer temps in the CB (inland) HELP!!

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
I have been talking to a couple of people who have lived on the Cotsa Blanca, inland in the mountains. I was telling them that we are hoping to move there as soon as we can sell our property. They have advised me against going inland, as they tell me that in the summer the temperatures are unbearably hot! So hot in fact that they had to go off to the coastal areas every day because it was just like being in an oven!

That has really surprised me, as I assumed that being in a mountainous area the temperatures would be a little cooler, with the possibility of some cooling breezes/winds!

To all of you that are in northern Costa Blanca (inland), can you give me an idea of what you experience? It has given me the wobbles! Heat I don't mind, but if it is as these people describe, how on earth do you cope with it??
Thanks
Sally
I was up by Castell de Castells on Sunday afternoon, elevation of around 1000mtrs. The temp was 20/21 with a pretty good breeze. Back down in Javea it was pretty hot and humid. Yes, it does get hot in the inland valleys, but if you have an exposed position with a breeze it´s usually quite pleasant. Most of the Spanish abandon the coastal towns and head out for their casitas in the country...they must know something

Firtreesix
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by firtreesix
I was up by Castell de Castells on Sunday afternoon, elevation of around 1000mtrs. The temp was 20/21 with a pretty good breeze. Back down in Javea it was pretty hot and humid. Yes, it does get hot in the inland valleys, but if you have an exposed position with a breeze it´s usually quite pleasant. Most of the Spanish abandon the coastal towns and head out for their casitas in the country...they must know something

Firtreesix

Several of my neighbours leave our town and retreat to the mountains in summer. Not sure how far they go but will know in a few days because we have been invited to their summer abode.

Rosemary
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:25 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

We were over a last week, as we drove up the mountain from the village(villalonga) to where our house will be, there was a difference of 4 degrees, which made it very pleasant. hoping thats why the house han't got aircon!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

I was in near Xativa about 3 weeks ago and in the direct sun it was 40 degrees so think it will only get hotter as the time goes on and we get closer to August. It will all depend on the property and the location, whether there are trees shading it - I know someone who has a very shaded villa (lots of pine trees) and their inside temperatures are a lot cooler than our house thats in the sun with no shade all day
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice

hiya. i live near Sax which is about half an hours drive inland from Alicante airport. Whenever we drive down to the airport (happens quite a lot) to pick up visitors we watch the tempreture guage in the car climb at least 4 degrees. Its always hotter at the coast than it is here in the mountains.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

When we drive from Valencia to Alicante on the A7 (por interior) the temperatures change markedly.

In the winter we can leave here in quite mild temperatures and around Xativa it can be below freezing.

In the summer it's the other way round, much hotter inland.