Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Successfull in Spain.

Successfull in Spain.

Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successfull in Spain.

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Your determination and patience won in the end.

Rosemary
Thank you Rosemary, that's me stubborn - I do try and not let anything beat me if I can.

Sue
x
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twyntub
Erh? Let's see now...

"Hi folks. We're a £50m turnover business and we'd like to implement a new CRM package involving major process changes which will impact our entire operation, bringing the company to its knees if it goes wrong..."
Exactly the reason why the local pc repair man was the prefered IT consultant for a breakfast networking club I'm afraid.

Who wants a self backslapper in a mutual backslapping society! ?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
.................Nothing to do with Masons, no funny handshakes or class systems ....

What, the Masons aren't a franchise?

All those meetings in secret, with members from all corners of society wern't to get and give business at special rates?

I want my money back then
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Hi all,
Re BNI

I joined this a few years ago. It works for some, but not for me. They tried opening a new group (chapters as they call them) in the same town as an existing group.
The established group however used to poach, good people to join theirs. I could not go into the original group as they already had someone in my line of work. The commitment is huge as you must provide a lead to someone in the group every week.
The pressure to provide leads, can have a negative effect on the quality.
Now this can be difficult as you do not know them from Adam, so how can you recommend someone?
I remember one new prospective member being put forward, I knew him from a previous job as he had been convicted for mortgage fraud.He was now being proposed as some "management consultant"!!
They meet weekly usually at 7.00 am for breakfast.
Over the year or so I was there I probably was out of pocket.
I decided that the time and effort I spent, was better placed elsewhere.

As I said some people though have and do very well out of it.

LMJ
Old Jan 8th 2008, 10:18 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
What, the Masons aren't a franchise?

All those meetings in secret, with members from all corners of society wern't to get and give business at special rates?

I want my money back then
They are very public meetings, and afaik there were no special rates.

Originally Posted by lmj50
Hi all,
Re BNI
I remember one new prospective member being put forward, I knew him from a previous job as he had been convicted for mortgage fraud.He was now being proposed as some "management consultant"!!
As I said some people though have and do very well out of it.
LMJ
So presumably you told the secretary and they didn't get admitted. Having two groups in one area will never work properly imho.

At the end of the day its just one business tool. It works for some and not for others. Just like everything else in business. It worked for me, and the IT person in our group told us exactly what work he wanted, i.e. local level repairs not multi million pound complicated business accounts.

People have to be progressive and open minded in business. If you want to network then not all groups are good, but for sure they are what they are ... groups of hard working people trying to get on in life and if certain people are crap at what they do it becomes apparant very very quickly and they stop getting recommendations and leave the group.

Now how about any more advice in other areas for the OP?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:08 am
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by twyntub
...there's a lot less people doing it out here now

The market for cars (new and old) is very different out here, but I have met people in the motor trade working (successfully) for main dealers selling (obviously) to Brits. Clearly depends on where you are and how good you are... How's your Spanish?

Oh, and how strange is that. I used to live in B'Stortford and commute (through Sawbridgeworth) every day to Harlow. Then I moved to a company in Berkhamsted, just up the road from Hemel...
i think i want to get away from the motor trade/main dealers ive had enough of the stress of the job need rethink what im gonna do , small world aint it you working in berkhamsted how long you been in spain ? do you miss uk twyntub ?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
i think i want to get away from the motor trade/main dealers ive had enough of the stress of the job need rethink what im gonna do , small world aint it you working in berkhamsted how long you been in spain ? do you miss uk twyntub ?
Been here just over four months. Don't miss the UK - if only because of the weather - we'll be back later in the year to see a few friends, but we all enjoyed having Christmas over here.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:00 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

I`m still waiting to know how you find them, cos i haven`t seen any advertised.

Which makes me kinda sceptic, most good businesses and associations tend to PR themselves.

But I think I`ll try getting into Scientology, there getting Tom Cruise as boss and the Bechams may join soon.

Thats the kinda clients I need.

Who cares about the Alien connections, If I can live like Mitzy afterwards who cares.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Hi Lee
Try this
http://www.bni.com/
You normally get invited to join!
LMJ
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:16 pm
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lmj50
Hi Lee
Try this
http://www.bni.com/
You normally get invited to join!
LMJ
Just read the important bit in all that crap, the COST.

Funny once it was said if you need to ask the price you can`t afford it, in the US its "we`ll tell you the price once we`ve conned you".

Or was it "We`ll tel the price once you realise what a great oppertunity this is".

But when they state you have to be committed, does that mean mentally Institutionlised at the time of joining or can I be admitted after.

I think I might buy there book on "Master of Sales" its only $19.99.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8

Funny once it was said if you need to ask the price you can`t afford it, in the US its "we`ll tell you the price once we`ve conned you".

Or was it "We`ll tel the price once you realise what a great oppertunity this is".

But when they state you have to be committed, does that mean mentally Institutionlised at the time of joining or can I be admitted after.

We did try and warn you
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

well you worked it out at last!
LMJ
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I think I already mentioned it cost around £3-400 per annum in the UK, dont know about Spain. Personally we made many thousands out of it and only gave it up in the end because I couldn't be arsed to get up at 6 in the morning once a week
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:15 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think I already mentioned it cost around £3-400 per annum in the UK, dont know about Spain. Personally we made many thousands out of it and only gave it up in the end because I couldn't be arsed to get up at 6 in the morning once a week
They meet at 6am.

Why that early ?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:16 pm
Senior Moment

They meet at 6am.

Why that early ?
No, at 7 am before work ...... but I lived a distance away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.