Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Successfull in Spain.

Successfull in Spain.

Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Successfull in Spain.

Originally Posted by lee8
Never heard of that.

I don`t think it`ll work for me as people need me as and when there Air con is rogered or there Gas blows up.
well thats the point Lee. I need an aircon engineer at the moment for a service but the ones I have called never turned up. If my alarm fitter was a member of BNI with an aircon enginner in the group, he would recommend that guy to me and I would call him
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:17 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
So basically you have a group of unpaid salespeople looking for work for you every week.
That's OK if you don't mind who represents your business.
But one point I'd make is how have these people got the time to go round doing this and attending meetings if they're in business themselves?
Sounds to me like a bunch of Skills Plane operatives all banding together to try and throw each other a lifeline!

However....if they want a professional web presence to go with their personal reinvention and new skillsets (acquired en-route).....I'm more than happy to oblige.
Hell......this is 2008.....all the old hangups are gone....people can be what they want to be! 'Ave it!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:52 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
That's OK if you don't mind who represents your business.
But one point I'd make is how have these people got the time to go round doing this and attending meetings if they're in business themselves?
Sounds to me like a bunch of Skills Plane operatives all banding together to try and throw each other a lifeline!

However....if they want a professional web presence to go with their personal reinvention and new skillsets (acquired en-route).....I'm more than happy to oblige.
Hell......this is 2008.....all the old hangups are gone....people can be what they want to be! 'Ave it!
Well with respect you've never experienced it so you dont know do you! You're not the all knowing all dancing thing on everything you know . I ran a £5 million turnover business in the UK and I think its possible I might have a little experience in these matters.

They dont represent your business. They tell people they are a member of a group of professionals who believe in good customer service. If you are a nobber and you dont perform then you stop getting recommendations .... its in the interests of the participants to perform well as it costs near £400 a year to join in the UK and it is a recognised sucessful way of promoting your business.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:56 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

well thats the point Lee. I need an aircon engineer at the moment for a service but the ones I have called never turned up. If my alarm fitter was a member of BNI with an aircon enginner in the group, he would recommend that guy to me and I would call him
Cool.

How do you find out about the group though, as I need this group ?

Old Jan 7th 2008, 3:59 pm
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

I ran a £5 million turnover business in the UK
How much was it worth when you left though.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:04 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

So let me get this right.....this is some sort of freemasons type outfit which people can join if they stump up the dosh? Then everybody else in the group puts a word in?
Is there any stipulation of professional qualifications/accreditation/CPC/NVQ/vocational track record required to get in?
How would this work here then? If you want strings pulled you need to be in the Spanish camp.....so being in an organisation like that immediately creates lines of division. You got Spaniards on the inside?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:04 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by lee8
How much was it worth when you left though.
Well I retired at 53 and have no mortgage or debts
.... does that give you a clue?

http://www.bniespana.com/espana/
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:10 pm
Senior Moment

So let me get this right.....this is some sort of freemasons type outfit which people can join if they stump up the dosh? Then everybody else in the group puts a word in?
Is there any stipulation of professional qualifications/accreditation/CPC/NVQ/vocational track record required to get in?
How would this work here then? If you want strings pulled you need to be in the Spanish camp.....so being in an organisation like that immediately creates lines of division. You got Spaniards on the inside?

Heh heh .... whats your problem with it. You seem to have a natural aversion to anything that anyone might do to make a difference to their business . I guess its probably better just to carry on colouring your hair and swearing at your customers as its a well tested business model. It works for you I guess though. I hate to spoil your fun, but its been tremendously sucessful in the uk. As you might guess its American in origin, where its also a major business tool.

I have no knowledge of the workings of BNI Spain, but knowing their strategy I would hazard a guess that they have Spanish and English groups (as I noticed there were two in Malaga).
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:32 pm
Mucho Macho

I've just got a natural aversion to "organisations" that don't insist on professional and/or vocational qualifications to substantiate people are what they say they are.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:38 pm
Senior Moment

I've just got a natural aversion to "organisations" that don't insist on professional and/or vocational qualifications to substantiate people are what they say they are.
You have to be referred to join, i.e. recommended by another member and of course that referee is putting his reputation at risk so they tend to recommend people who do a good job
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:46 pm
Mucho Macho

So Fred the Builder verifies that Bill the Bog Cleaner knows his shit then?

Who verified Fred? Harold the Gas Lamp fitter?

Who's running this gig? Gerald Ratner and the Maxwell Bros?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:13 pm
Banned

Well I retired at 53 and have no mortgage or debts
.... does that give you a clue?

http://www.bniespana.com/espana/
It would if you lived in Monaco.

Valencia, no, sorry.

Last edited by lee8; Jan 7th 2008 at 5:18 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:17 pm
Banned

You have to be referred to join, i.e. recommended by another member and of course that referee is putting his reputation at risk so they tend to recommend people who do a good job
This is more like a version of the Masons, another US style business group who`ll benifit by running these groups rather than being the membership.

And what happens if you piss off the group, do then slander you so bad they ruin your business.

I need to know that, i seem to piss people of a soon as I mention the wife.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:18 pm
aspeangel

Originally Posted by pjj
hi aspeangel thats what i like to hear some one whose taken the gamble and risked a lot to make the move to spain and has suceeded and are happy that they made the move , do you still go back to the uk ? what did you and your other half do in the uk job wise before you left the uk ?
Hi, We pop back to the UK 1 or 2 times a year. Hubby was a policeman and I worked in Retail, so we didn´t have any trade to utilise once we got here! We are just happy that we kept at it and are still here, i can´t imagine going back to UK now!

Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:21 pm
aspeangel

Originally Posted by pjj
hi aspeangel thats what i like to hear some one whose taken the gamble and risked a lot to make the move to spain and has suceeded and are happy that they made the move , do you still go back to the uk ? what did you and your other half do in the uk job wise before you left the uk ?
Forgot to say whereabouts in Herts are you from? We were from Sawbridgeworth/Bishops Stortford!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.