Strongly thinking of moving to Benlemandea or funegirola

Old Dec 26th 2015, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Edge2247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Strongly thinking of moving to Benlemandea or funegirola

Hi all
We are thinking of moving to Spain
We are a uk based family

We have recently bee out again to aero de la meil and enjoyed it we staid for 30 days to have a little test
I run a internet business so I won't need to find work there as my income will come from the U.K.

What is the health care like there
What's the story with going to see a doctor ?

We have a 3 year old so also thinking about schools we have been to see the Benlemandea international college
Was very nice but I wouldn't want to pay the fees until my daughter is 5

It would be interesting to get some reviews of some family's that have moved fairly recently

Many thanks
Anthony
Old Dec 26th 2015, 10:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strongly thinking of moving to Benlemandea or funegirola

Originally Posted by Edge2247
Hi all
We are a uk based family

We have recently bee out again to aero de la meil and enjoyed it we staid for 30 days to have a little test
I run a internet business so I won't need to find work there as my income will come from the U.K.

We have a 3 year old so also thinking about schools we have been to see the Benlemandea international college

It would be interesting to get some reviews of some family's that have moved fairly recently

Many thanks
Anthony
Welcome to BE.

Why an international school? your daughter would do very well in a Spanish school, and pick up the language so much quicker, and also make local friends.
Regarding Health care, it really depends how you wish to go aobut it, you could be classed as autonomo, (self employed) where you would pay aroung €250 a month to get full social security cover, which would give you health care in the same way the Spanish get it, there would be some charges, like for prescriptions. The only other way is to get private health cover through one of the many companies in Spain.
Old Dec 26th 2015, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for your response
The reason I was looking at the Benlemandea international college is so that English would be taught as the first language
So if I didn't work out we could go back to the uk and she wouldn't be behind

I run a limited company so I would probably be looking for private health care
Old Dec 27th 2015, 10:33 am
Banned

JamesU is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Anthony,

I will be moving to Marbella in January and am in the same boat as yourself. will be bringing my family (the much better half and our 3 children) with me. My mother and father had already made the move with my little brother (3yo at the time) who was placed into a "Spanish for the Spanish" school. In the opinion of many it was the best thing they could have done. Also, being perfectly honest, I am very jealous as I have a now 11yo brother who is bilingual. Keeping up with his English was no problem as he moved back a year ago and is doing very well in his academics. The comment from the other gentleman about making friends quicker is also true in my opinion. If you need any other questions, help or advice; it will be no trouble for me to ask them. It will probably help me aswell

Kind Regards
James

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 8th 2016 at 8:36 pm.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 11:25 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

The reason I was looking at the Benlemandea international college is so that English would be taught as the first language
So if I didn't work out we could go back to the uk and she wouldn't be behind

I run a limited company so I would probably be looking for private health care

Welcome to expats.
I run my own Spanish company (SL).
You cannot live in Spain and not pay Spanish taxes. So you would have to start a Spanish company. The self employment in Spain comes in very different ways to those in the UK. The first step for you to take is to poke around the Spanish section of this forum to find out more information on work. Ask a question if you have any to those which have not been answered before. When you are across here in Spain then you need to arrange a visit to a gestoria to find out more about what level you need to set up as self-employed.
To answer your question above. You can have private health care, but that will be above what you pay into "the system". Personally cannot see why you should make extra payments.
Old Dec 27th 2015, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks all for the replies
What is the story if we wished to enrol our 3 year old daughter in the local school ??
I'm still not convinced it's best to learn spanish as a first language just Incase it didn't work out also my wife is Russian so she is already learning 2 languages I'm worried 3 could be to much

My wife isn't 100% on the move has anyone else had similar experiences
Personally I get challenged in business daily so new challenges just don't worry me
Old Dec 27th 2015, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

As far as I'm aware as the limited company I run is uk based I will pay tax in the uk
From what I can work out you can choice the country you pay the tax to as its a agreement between uk and Europe countries as long as you pay your taxes

And the U.K. Company technically doesn't belong to me as its a Limited ad entity

As far as my Spanish income (money earn tin Spain )
There won't be any to start anyway as my uk business will pay my bills

I will go to a gosteri and confirm this before the move
Old Dec 27th 2015, 1:49 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

It has nothing to do with where you earn your money. It is how long you live in another EU country. This has been gone over many times in the forum I gave a link too.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 10:22 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
We are a uk based family

Many thanks
Anthony
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 1st 2016, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

ElaineGon is an unknown quantity at this point

Edge. If you do come to live here just a couple of pointers: As Casa Santa said you cannot choose where you pay your taxes, and it would help you settle in if you learnt the names of the places and things you might refer to: I guess you meant Arroyo de la Miel, Benalmádena, Fuengirola, gestoría etc.
It might also help you get the answers you would like and avoid confusion if you invested in a new ‘spell check’ program.
Old Jan 1st 2016, 9:23 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElaineGon
Edge. If you do come to live here just a couple of pointers: As Casa Santa said you cannot choose where you pay your taxes, and it would help you settle in if you learnt the names of the places and things you might refer to: I guess you meant Arroyo de la Miel, Benalmádena, Fuengirola, gestoría etc.
It might also help you get the answers you would like and avoid confusion if you invested in a new ‘spell check’ program.
Wow - whilst correct, a bit harsh don't you think?

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1st 2016, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

ElaineGon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snikpoh

Happy New Year!
Well if a reader was not fairly sure they knew the places he probably intended to refer to, Edge would not stand a chance that anyone might make a correct guess.
Old Jan 1st 2016, 9:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

Happy New Year!
No, OP runs an internet business and should be able to spell correctly and to know the correct names of places. I, for one, would never do business with anyone who was unable to spell, or at least knew how to use a spell checker, which is why BE provides one, or who didn't bother to check the correct spellings of places .
Old Jan 1st 2016, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Tadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond reputeTadd1966 has a reputation beyond repute

Even an internet business operating in Spain you have to pay Spanish taxes.
As an employee of the Ltd UK company in Spain you would have to register as an employee of the Ltd company in Spain and the Ltd company (the employer) would have to pay the equivalent of the employee national insurance contribution (which is approx. 450€ per month) and other benefitsThe employee would have to pay all personal income taxes on all income including dividends (and the tax free allowance for dividends in Spain for a director is approx. 1500€ )
The OP could set up as autonomo and invoice the UK Ltd company for services but will still have to pay tax, VAT (IVA) and tax on ALL income
Old Jan 1st 2016, 10:18 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the replies
What is the story if we wished to enrol our 3 year old daughter in the local school ??
I'm still not convinced it's best to learn spanish as a first language just Incase it didn't work out also my wife is Russian so she is already learning 2 languages I'm worried 3 could be to much

My wife isn't 100% on the move has anyone else had similar experiences
Personally I get challenged in business daily so new challenges just don't worry me
In general when young children learn a second or third language, there is some initial delay in the primary language (say a year or two) but then the primary language rapidly catches up to where it would have been. In short, if you have the chance to produce a trilingual child, go for it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.