Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Stroke care in Spain

Stroke care in Spain

Old Apr 23rd 2013, 10:40 am
Just Joined

heather2460 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stroke care in Spain

Hi everyone i`m new here and was wondering if anyone can help me. My parents moved out to Arroyo de la Meil Costa del Sol in 2002. Recently my mother seemed to be suffering from dementia although not diagnosed. On 6th April she suffered a huge Haemoragic Stroke and since that time she has been in Universitario Virgin de la Victoria in Malaga where she has received expert care both in intensive care and the neurology department. She is bed bound, paralised down her left side, fed through a tube and with a tracheostomy for breathing. We have been told that her situation may not improve much. Im now worried that she will be sent home to be cared for by my ageing father who is not too well himself. I have just recently returned home and can`t be there continually. Does anyone know if my father can get any help I`m beside myself with worry any help greatfully appreciated.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 12:00 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stroke care in Spain

Originally Posted by heather2460
Hi everyone i`m new here and was wondering if anyone can help me. My parents moved out to Arroyo de la Meil Costa del Sol in 2002. Recently my mother seemed to be suffering from dementia although not diagnosed. On 6th April she suffered a huge Haemoragic Stroke and since that time she has been in Universitario Virgin de la Victoria in Malaga where she has received expert care both in intensive care and the neurology department. She is bed bound, paralised down her left side, fed through a tube and with a tracheostomy for breathing. We have been told that her situation may not improve much. Im now worried that she will be sent home to be cared for by my ageing father who is not too well himself. I have just recently returned home and can`t be there continually. Does anyone know if my father can get any help I`m beside myself with worry any help greatfully appreciated.

Hi, sorry to hear about your family situation. This section is for introductions - you'll do better to post again in the Spain forum where you'll get more response. I can't help personally as I live in France...
All the best
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 12:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

I am sorry to hear about your mum's declining health. Could you please confirm whether it's information about care in Spain or the UK you are seeking? I will then move your post over to the relevant forum.

Good luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:39 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Looks from the first post that both parents live in Spain.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Hi yes parents are in Spain thanks for replying, I need information about care in Spain.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 1:45 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I'll shift this over to Spain (unless Jerseygirl beats me to it). All the best.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:02 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

In Spain generally the care is left to the family with very little help from associations, however wherever there are larger numbers of Brits I think that there are more systems set up to help people. I do not know anything about what is available in that area but hopefully there will be some members who can point you in the right direction.

So sorry to hear that your mum is so ill.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary thanks for the warm welcome everyone seems really friendly.
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 2:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I really do hope that someone will be able to help you. In my area there is nothing but I think that there should be in their area.

Rosemary