Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The stress of selling a house!

The stress of selling a house!

Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice
Default The stress of selling a house!

well we are on to our 8th viewer tonight in 6 weeks. So far they have all loved the house, but, shock horror, we have a north-facing garden on 2 levels which has put a few off buying (as well as the time-wasters who still have theirs to market).
Now, is it just me, or, I seem to recall that we managed to get our barbie out all of 5 times last year due to NO summer.
Should a garden (which hubby lovingly spent many hours decking and walling etc.) which is not south-facing in Scotland matter? bearing in mind we do get the sun on the decking from 1pm right through to late night?
Am I missing something?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The stress of selling a house!

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
well we are on to our 8th viewer tonight in 6 weeks. So far they have all loved the house, but, shock horror, we have a north-facing garden on 2 levels which has put a few off buying (as well as the time-wasters who still have theirs to market).
Now, is it just me, or, I seem to recall that we managed to get our barbie out all of 5 times last year due to NO summer.
Should a garden (which hubby lovingly spent many hours decking and walling etc.) which is not south-facing in Scotland matter? bearing in mind we do get the sun on the decking from 1pm right through to late night?
Am I missing something?
People came with compasses to check the direction the garden faced......couldn't believe it! And then ruled out the house because of the north-facing garden........so you aren't alone.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:48 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

It's people who have been watching these crap tv property programs who actually believe someone they've never met from TV over their own heart/feelings.

Burn the lot of them! (the shows and the people who watch them!)
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:03 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Am I missing something?
Sorry Kitty
Good luck karma on its way xxx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:03 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Just make sure you have a whole lot of positive aspects to dwell on.

Lots of luck.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

seems so stupid to base buying a property on the location of the garden considering the amount of time we actually spend in it! Especially up here!
I personally would focus on the property and "make the most" of the garden!

I have to laugh when the EA says they didn't like the fact it is a north-facing garden...HELLO you only have to drive and have a look from the outside to see that
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the karma Sam

Bil I try to do that but worry they think I am b*llsh*tting them
Even offered to throw in the Husband but nobody interested
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when we were selling one house the woman of the couple looked at our dining room with disdain and said "we'd never get our dining table in here", bearing in mind she had the property details with measurements in her hand.

I was tempted to say "well **** off somewhere where you can then and stop wasting my time"
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

yes Mitzyboy that's one of my rants. All the measurements, layout, photos of interior are on the website and on the schedules. A drive to see the property from the outside should be enough to determine whether they are genuinely interested.
I am bamboozled as to why anyone would want to look around anyone's property just to "window shop".
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:05 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

yes Mitzyboy that's one of my rants. All the measurements, layout, photos of interior are on the website and on the schedules. A drive to see the property from the outside should be enough to determine whether they are genuinely interested.
I am bamboozled as to why anyone would want to look around anyone's property just to "window shop".
Hi Kitty
I think a lot of people go looking to get ideas for their own homes to be honest - sad i know but my friend works in an EA here and she says they are so annoying the time wasters but if they ask to look at a property they are obliged to ask the sellers for a viewing - think they do weedle out a lot of time wasters too.
Good luck and keep your chin up
Love Sam xxx
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:34 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Kitty, what can I say. Always remember what a friend told me. 'God loves stupid people.'

When I asked him how the hell he worked that out he smiled and said, 'He must do. Why else would he make so many?'
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:51 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by bil
Kitty, what can I say. Always remember what a friend told me. 'God loves stupid people.'

When I asked him how the hell he worked that out he smiled and said, 'He must do. Why else would he make so many?'

i must be so very well loved then
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

buenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to allbuenavista is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
i must be so very well loved then
Oooh, ditto
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Alba-gu-brath is an unknown quantity at this point

I put my house on the market (isle Of Skye) three weeks ago had three viewings two offers and just accepted one of them
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:05 pm
Happy in my bubble

Originally Posted by Alba-gu-brath
I put my house on the market (isle Of Skye) three weeks ago had three viewings two offers and just accepted one of them
Well done - your so lucky especially at the moment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.