Static sites

Old Aug 24th 2015, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Static sites

This thread may be useful

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain...-spain-862760/
Old Aug 24th 2015, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Ktd77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Thanks but not realy that useful. Thank you anyway.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ktd77
It's for holidays with kids firstly the initial outlay is cheaper than an apartment has facilities onsite pool club house etc it's secure to lock up and leave and cheap enough to rent to friends and family, less maintenance as covered by site fee. Not seen a site yet as still trying to gain info on regulated ones. The fees vary from 2k-5k a year as far as I can make out. Depending on facilities
And you have to buy the caravan too. 5K for fees is very pricey and that's 25K gone in 5 years for something you aren't really using.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would start from a website and work from there.

eg
Mobile Homes in Spain for sale, Park Homes on Residential, Retirement Holiday Caravans, Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol

Looking at that site there appears to be A Place in the Sun episode worth watching on demnad.

Last edited by johnnyone; Aug 25th 2015 at 7:29 am.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Moses2013
And you have to buy the caravan too. 5K for fees is very pricey and that's 25K gone in 5 years for something you aren't really using.
Yes of course buy the van.15-20k approx fees of 5k was a bit of an exaggerated on my behalf 2-3k the ones I'm looking. Still works out cheaper than initial layout of an apartment say 80-120k then fees on top of that as we want to have facilities etc, don't you think or am I missing something.
also as a family of four it costs us over 4k for two weeks a year in summer hols for the type of holiday we like. We could go whole 6 weeks summer hols, half terms,long weekends booking flights in advance as cheap as poss.so 25K over 5 years isn't so bad

Last edited by Ktd77; Aug 25th 2015 at 10:23 am.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I think I would start from a website and work from there.

eg
Mobile Homes in Spain for sale, Park Homes on Residential, Retirement Holiday Caravans, Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol

Looking at that site there appears to be A Place in the Sun episode worth watching on demnad.
Yes I've seen that site on Web will have a nosey on catch up but it didn't appeal to me in pics so may change my view watching it for real thx
Old Aug 25th 2015, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course buy the van.15-20k approx fees of 5k was a bit of an exaggerated on my behalf 2-3k the ones I'm looking. Still works out cheaper than initial layout of an apartment say 80-120k then fees on top of that as we want to have facilities etc, don't you think or am I missing something.
also as a family of four it costs us over 4k for two weeks a year in summer hols for the type of holiday we like. We could go whole 6 weeks summer hols, half terms,long weekends booking flights in advance as cheap as poss.so 25K over 5 years isn't so bad
Depends how you look at it. You have the fees, then include water charges and electricity which is always separate. You'll also need insurance and never know if the fees might increase over time, or how they maintain the place. For the fees you are paying, you could buy a plot of land that is actually yours and regarding facilities, there are open air pools all over Spain and the sea is also free.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Depends how you look at it. You have the fees, then include water charges and electricity which is always separate. You'll also need insurance and never know if the fees might increase over time, or how they maintain the place. For the fees you are paying, you could buy a plot of land that is actually yours and regarding facilities, there are open air pools all over Spain and the sea is also free.
Then what do you do with a plot of land? will cost another 100k to build it. obviously there's lving costs of water electric waste everywhere, insurance would be required in either case.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Then what do you do with a plot of land? will cost another 100k to build it. obviously there's lving costs of water electric waste everywhere, insurance would be required in either case.
Well if you are willing to live in a static caravan on a rented site, you could do the same on your own site And there are plenty of companies in Spain who build modular housing or casas prefabricadas. We managed just like many others. An inflatable pool is also cheap enough.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Well if you are willing to live in a static caravan on a rented site, you could do the same on your own site And there are plenty of companies in Spain who build modular housing or casas prefabricadas. We managed just like many others. An inflatable pool is also cheap enough.
Not quite the holiday atmosphere I was after. inflatable pools and maintenance issues.
Each to there own glad it worked for you, but been there bought the t-shirt don't want to wear it anymore
Old Aug 25th 2015, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not quite the holiday atmosphere I was after. inflatable pools and maintenance issues.
Each to there own glad it worked for you, but been there bought the t-shirt don't want to wear it anymore
Well, I'd rather have a garden that's actually mine and if I want holiday atmosphere, there are plenty of cheap hotels or a beach close by. The inflatable pool was just an idea Still cheaper than spending 3K for a pool others are using.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Well, I'd rather have a garden that's actually mine and if I want holiday atmosphere, there are plenty of cheap hotels or a beach close by. The inflatable pool was just an idea Still cheaper than spending 3K for a pool others are using.
Like I say each to there own
Old Aug 30th 2015, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

classified is an unknown quantity at this point

Love living on my park, away from the coast, peaceful countryside, typical Spanish town, no high rise apartments, the real spain, lakes close by to swim so no need to go to the sea, plenty for children to do and visit. Safe and secure, Spanish family owned, you can use your home for holidays or full time, no subletting.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

Always love that expression - " the real Soain"

By virtue of the fact that there are so many areas with high rises etc those areas too are the REAL Spain
Old Aug 31st 2015, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

classified is an unknown quantity at this point

Your view is subject to debate, by the way I have not heard of Soain (joke)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.