State schools?

Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:43 am
Just Joined

NikkiChance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State schools?

Hello, I am new here and only recently been told about your forum by a member somewhere else.!
Looking to buy at least one property on Costa Esuri in the next month or so, we were there again looking last week. I will be picking your brains about loads of things I think but to start with I need to know about local schooling as we have a five year old and a seven year old. Does anyone have info on the local Spanish schools please?

Thank you. Nikki
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:52 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State schools?

Originally Posted by NikkiChance
Hello, I am new here and only recently been told about your forum by a member somewhere else.!
Looking to buy at least one property on Costa Esuri in the next month or so, we were there again looking last week. I will be picking your brains about loads of things I think but to start with I need to know about local schooling as we have a five year old and a seven year old. Does anyone have info on the local Spanish schools please?

Thank you. Nikki
There´s a thread here, just scroll down, it´s called "schools in Ayamonte".
If you go through other pages, your bound to find more info on lot´s of stuff.

There´s also info in the "useful information" thread.

There are no schools in Costa Esuri, a bus in summer I believe. But in summer there´s no school. sigh.

Does anyone know if there are actually any kids living in Esuri? (I´m not being sarcastic, just curious)
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:06 pm
Luz
Forum Regular

Luz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud ofLuz has much to be proud of

There are actually real kids living on Esuri who go to school. The bus comes every morning to pick them up and brings them home after school.
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Luz
There are actually real kids living on Esuri who go to school. The bus comes every morning to pick them up and brings them home after school.
Is it free?
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:32 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luz
That´s good to know, it might be important for Nikkichance to pick the right area to live.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Luz
Yep, I have also seen the school bus picking the kids up and coming back.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: State schools?

Originally Posted by Luz
There are two buses actually. A small one for the infants which goes about 8 am and a large one for the big kids which goes at the same time. The junior bus returns at about 2 pm and the big bus returns at about 3 pm. As far as I know they are free for the pupils but the info we had that they allowed adults to travel if there was room does not appear to be correct but short of trying to get on I can't verify this. The number of kids on Esuri is growing and we see them out on their bikes every day. I know of one English child who has been here 5 years and there are several Spansh children who have been here almost as long.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the help. Hoping to get down there again next week!
Old Jun 12th 2010, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Hi nikki,

have you enquired at all at the town hall re which school your children will attend? you do not always get first choice. Make sure you have someone with you who speaks spanish.
Your children being young should settle well though, we wish our son had been younger when we moved over although he has adjusted well.

good luck with your intended move

sue
Old Jun 17th 2010, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
Hi nikki,

have you enquired at all at the town hall re which school your children will attend? you do not always get first choice. Make sure you have someone with you who speaks spanish.
Your children being young should settle well though, we wish our son had been younger when we moved over although he has adjusted well.

good luck with your intended move

sue
Hi there, we are hoping to arrive on Sunday for a few days so will try to do a recce of the schools. Thank you.
By the way, are there any wifi hotspots there or an internet cafe?
Old Jun 18th 2010, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Hi there, we are hoping to arrive on Sunday for a few days so will try to do a recce of the schools. Thank you.
The schools close on tuesday until september. The town hall can give you the phone numbers so that you can call to arrange possible visit. The schools then will tell you if they have any available places. There are at least 3 possible primary schools

For internet all hotels at canela/punta moral have internet access and the bars around the marina have wifi. In Ayamonte Todopac which is near the pizzeria on the corner.

sue
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:03 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

... and the esuri golf clubhouse and the guardiana market (little shop on Lomas).

S