Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

St George's Day - 1 year on - A success story.

St George's Day - 1 year on - A success story.

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

tulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to alltulip1303 is a name known to all
Default Re: St George's Day - 1 year on - A success story.

Hi again

Thanks for taking the time to write this - I really enjoyed it.

I land in Malaga on Monday in much the same way as you did (without the accident) and it has really given me a boost.

Great xx
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Congrats and a good post

I too gave up a great IT Managers role and relationship to move out here in April last year and have had a fair few struggles with the system, work and people so can sympathise!

I came back to the UK a few weeks ago for 4 days and totally hated it so am confident I made the right choice and have absolutely no desire to move back even if times are a little uncertain down here at the moment
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

cajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud ofcajam31 has much to be proud of

Hi Andrew.
I'm really pleased everything worked out so well for you, and I hope it continues to get better and better
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:05 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
Congrats and a good post

I too gave up a great IT Managers role and relationship to move out here in April last year and have had a fair few struggles with the system, work and people so can sympathise!

I came back to the UK a few weeks ago for 4 days and totally hated it so am confident I made the right choice and have absolutely no desire to move back even if times are a little uncertain down here at the moment
Hey - you two should get together over a beer and compare notes
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:47 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: St George's Day - 1 year on - A success story.

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes.
RugbyMatt - Yeah would be good to meet up one day, what part of spain are you in?
Lionda - Dont worry I will keep posting stuff. I move into my new place at the weekend so will let you all know how that goes
teddy14 - Im glad my post inspired you and wish you the best of luck for your move next month.
Spanish John - Oops yup my profile did say I was still in the UK! Ive changed that now Im definately NOT in the UK! Which is great yaaaaay!
tulip1303 - Best of luck to you too for monday when you arrive! I hope all goes well for you.
ShinyAndy - Wow we do have a few things in common. I hadn't noticed you on the forum before.

So yes thanks to everyone, and one thing that I didnt mention before. Was how this forum really helped. Especially in the beginning, and also I owe a big thanks to Mr and Mrsjdr. They really helped at the beginning too, mrsjdr got me a hire car sorted out and then they came to see me in my hotel! I know they've always been there if I needed any advice or needed to know where stuff was. It was invaluable especially at the beginning. And just the kind words of support and being able to chat to others who have done the same thing by moving out here has helped a lot.

This forum really did help in the decision process too of actually going, and also to give an idea of the difficulties as what to expect so that they wouldnt come as a big shock.

So yup a big thank you to everyone. You all played a part in this success story. Im just glad that my story in turn now will help inspire and help others who are thinking of moving out to Spain.

(Sorry just reading this back, this sounds like a Bafta awards speech!)
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:56 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Still in the UK at the moment Andrew, we are out in June for a meet up, and if everything works out well, in Spain not much after that.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear such a positive attitude- which is undoubtedly what has made this a succes for you. It is a great big wide world out there, I wonder where you will wind up?

All the very best of luck and keep on smiling.

(And remember, in the UK, if someone then asks you what you are smiling at, it is often best to start running).
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

spanishsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done boss , great reading and very pleased for you!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Andrew!

I've hardly been on BE this year, but almost every time I log in again there's another fabulous or exciting post from you.
That post was the best read I've had on here for ages

I'm so very pleased for you that this past year has been such a success, and that you are happy and settled.
It seems like you've been in Spain for so much longer than a year, and I recall all your earlier trails and tribulations clearly!

Well done for celebrating your anniversary with such a positive and interesting post, that will hopefully inspire other people to follow their dreams.

Good luck with your forthcoming move, and please keep posting your experiences (and your videos )
Wishing you every happiness for the coming year, in all that you do.

Hugs from,
Sam x
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

linda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud oflinda Coyle has much to be proud of

I was engrossed reading this, certainly good to hear a success story and I would like to join everyone else and wish you all the best for your coming years in Spain. I make the move later this year and like most people have been thinking "Am I doing the right thing"? Your post has given some reassurance, well done