Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

cheap broadband in Spain ?

cheap broadband in Spain ?

Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:43 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default cheap broadband in Spain ?

]

Using the neighbours wi-fi (with his permission) is not always possible as the signal fades in and out. We don't want to go to the expense of a monthly contract until we live out in Spain full time. Have been told that it's possible to get broadband via a mobile phone for a Euro a day but cannot find any information. I tried T-Mobile in the Uk who said it would be £7.50 a month with a data card here, but standard roaming charges would apply to use it in Spain, and they aren't cheap. Any advice or info much appreciated. We don't have a telephone land line.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheap broadband in Spain ?

My boss has just got Vodaphone connection, with a contract phone it is either 29€ or 39€ per month, depending on MBS, he said connection, speed etc., good. At the moment on special offer, the modem is free.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I think Movistar do a daily rate but you can only get that if you have a Movistar mobile contract.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:56 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Thanks. I think Fred's post is what I have been told about..but we don't want a contract as we are not there all the time.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Pobman is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do have there permission buy them a high gain aerial for their wifi and it will stop fading in and out.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:53 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Smile Re: cheap broadband in Spain ?

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
My boss has just got Vodaphone connection, with a contract phone it is either 29€ or 39€ per month, depending on MBS, he said connection, speed etc., good. At the moment on special offer, the modem is free.

I have the vodaphone 3G white ipod like Huawei modem same size as a box of swan matches however it is rather expensive 39 euros plus tax for 1gig per month of downloads the speed is three and half mbs however today I have just had fitted Iberbanda 45 euros per month including internet and phone no line rental The speed is shown as 512 kbps both upload and download I find it faster than my 3G connection using the BBC home page as a test I have had a bigger dish fitted than my neighbor The fitter said it was more for a business premises but would be to my benefit anyway my line rental alone was 32 euros a month so the whole package to me anyway is well worth it. you can retain you old telefonica number. aint the weather great