Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spring hijacker of the year award!

View Poll Results: Hijacker of the year!
Sam Greenfield
7.41%
Debsyw
22.22%
Same Difference
11.11%
Rugbymatt
51.85%
Leighbloke
7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Spring hijacker of the year award!

Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Why not just keep it and bring it over then?
You've owned it more than six months and it's more than 10 years old, so bugger all registration tax to pay on it, just €600-€800 to matriculate it, instead of €7000 to replace it, then sell it when you settle here.
Just a thought.
Would that not mean even bigger difficulties with parts and the like?

Matt
I like the LS200 twin cabs, don't know why I'm telling you this but there you go.

SD
When is the deadline for me to use my vote?

Crispy
Tarty red is probably a good shout, just worried about the image? - Has SD warned you that I'm holidaying near you this year?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Would that not mean even bigger difficulties with parts and the like?
Why?, they sell them here as well, plenty around.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Why?, they sell them here as well, plenty around.
Thought Zel had said something about problems with parts and servicing?? I know nowt.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Thought Zel had said something about problems with parts and servicing?? I know nowt.
Some Land Rover models were/are made here under liscense, but parts for most cars are fairly easy to get, and garages will service and fix anything anyway.
The only problem taht I have had is not being able to buy pattern parts as opposed to manufacturers parts.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:25 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not just keep it and bring it over then?
You've owned it more than six months and it's more than 10 years old, so bugger all registration tax to pay on it, just €600-€800 to matriculate it, instead of €7000 to replace it, then sell it when you settle here.
Just a thought.
Because his current one is worth £6000 and as Matt is looking for a place to rent in the UK I assume he will be here for six months at least?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:27 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

Some Land Rover models were/are made here under liscense, but parts for most cars are fairly easy to get, and garages will service and fix anything anyway.
The only problem taht I have had is not being able to buy pattern parts as opposed to manufacturers parts.
Don't forget that most modern vehicles are repaired via diagnostics and ISUZU are not exactly as popular as say a land rover so not many people are going to put hand in pockets to buy the kit.

So then you're back at old style fixing, replacing a part and hoping for the best, which can be MUCH more expensive as you're in relative terms stabbing in the dark.

I'm pretty sure Matt said previously that not many people knew how to fix/service his last trooper and that's the UK!

Last edited by zel; Apr 24th 2008 at 6:30 am.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

are they the "Santana" or something similar?
Seen a couple LRs badged as such and wondered what they were??

I don't really do your urban warrior type of car - I don't have "small man syndrome" - I'm more the sophisticated roadster type.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

are they the "Santana" or something similar?
Seen a couple LRs badged as such and wondered what they were??

I don't really do your urban warrior type of car - I don't have "small man syndrome" - I'm more the sophisticated roadster type.
Yes!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:01 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by crispy
CRISPY!!! CRISPY!! Wake up.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:15 am

CRISPY!!! CRISPY!! Wake up.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you are awake now Crispy
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by DebsyW
I hope you are awake now Crispy
I am now but I expect I will nod off again if we have anymore car talk
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

I am now but I expect I will nod off again if we have anymore car talk
Well what do you have in mind for us to keep your attention?
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Well what do you have in mind for us to keep your attention?
Ive heard Crispy likes a good book at times

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.