Reload this Page >

sparky,s/electricians in spain

sparky,s/electricians in spain

Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

marty48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sparky,s/electricians in spain

Hi all
is there much call for english sparky,s out in spain.?
are there many of you out there?
marty
Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:29 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sparky,s/electricians in spain

Originally Posted by marty48
Hi all
is there much call for english sparky,s out in spain.?
are there many of you out there?
marty
You will need to relearn the book on electrickery and take all tests in Spanish to be able to sign your work over.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:33 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You will need to relearn the book on electrickery and take all tests in Spanish to be able to sign your work over.
There are lots of English 'electricians' out here but very, very few who can provide the final sign-off (boletin).

I personally believe that there is great scope for an English electrician in Spain (certainly here anyway) who has all the necessary paperwork and can do final sign-offs. However, to get these you need to be able to speak Spanish, have relearnt everything (as JDR says) and be allowed to. What I mean by this is that there is a big down-turn in construction at the moment and there seems to be a general push to keep Spanish in work before 'giving it away' to foreigners.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 8:13 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
oh jdr how green they are,You have to know how to connect the blue to the black then switch over to the green.connect the three colours together.use I.5 were you shouldnt.wire the socket to the light switch,put a 5 amp switch on a 50 amp appliance.turn off all the breakers and still get a shock.put your hand on the tap and get a shock.and dont wash the kitchen floor with out wellies or you may get electricuted.once you have learnt these ways you will be ok as a spanish spark
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
oh jdr how green they are,You have to know how to connect the blue to the black then switch over to the green.connect the three colours together.use I.5 were you shouldnt.wire the socket to the light switch,put a 5 amp switch on a 50 amp appliance.turn off all the breakers and still get a shock.put your hand on the tap and get a shock.and dont wash the kitchen floor with out wellies or you may get electricuted.once you have learnt these ways you will be ok as a spanish spark
You missed the bit about putting the sockets behind the plates on the draining board. ;-))
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:53 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You missed the bit about putting the sockets behind the plates on the draining board. ;-))
or the socket next to the sink in the bath room.or in the shower.sorry
Old Aug 21st 2008, 7:53 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

But no one has died from what you think as a Shocking practice!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 4:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
But no one has died from what you think as a Shocking practice!
oh yes plenty have died.between that and corbon monoxide poisoning.not counting the deaths in house fires due to faulty electrics.one kid around here ( god bless his soul) got electricuted getting out of the pool.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

marty48 is an unknown quantity at this point

christ didn,t realise it was that bad.

so much for harmonisation.....why do we have to dance to everybody elses tune.
they should be raising their game by the sounds of it.
might be safr to stay here????
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by marty48
christ didn,t realise it was that bad.

so much for harmonisation.....why do we have to dance to everybody elses tune.
they should be raising their game by the sounds of it.
might be safr to stay here????
It would make a good sparky cry.
How it works is a mystery, but I think the good earth trips have saved a few lives.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

skeetersmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desparately seeking electrician in Murcia area

Anyone please - where can I find an electrician who won't rip me off - I'm getting desparate - need to upgrade from 1KW power supply urgently - Tried everything mentioned on this site - still can't find anyone - they all want over 5000 euros for 1000 euros worth of work - I only need 3.3KW supply and a Boletin
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desparately seeking electrician in Murcia area

Originally Posted by skeetersmith
Anyone please - where can I find an electrician who won't rip me off - I'm getting desparate - need to upgrade from 1KW power supply urgently - Tried everything mentioned on this site - still can't find anyone - they all want over 5000 euros for 1000 euros worth of work - I only need 3.3KW supply and a Boletin
Have you asked the electricity company for a price?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

dont know if any of these will help

http://www.viva-murcia.com/electricians_c22.php

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...e=UTF8&t=h&z=9

http://costacalida.angloinfo.com/af/...nd-wiring.html

http://www.costacalidachronicle.com/...pril/April.pdf
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

again might be better to get a translator and call some of these

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/resul...adir&site=paol