Wikiposts

spanish virgin

Old May 26th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spanish virgin

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Unless there's genuine goodwill, never pay a traspaso. Never done it, never will.
Easier said than done!!!!!!
Old May 27th 2007, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jay

could anyone suggest the best place in spain to move to with 3 kids 11 9 and 3. all going to go to spainsh school. in need of jobs when we get there dont no the lingo unfortunatley. im a class 1 driver and a driving instructor by trade.my wife runs her own dirving school in uk, not sure if thats the sort of thing we could do in spain. also need some where to rent. anyone know how easy it is to register your own car in spain
Old May 27th 2007, 2:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jay

Originally Posted by ejbsom
could anyone suggest the best place in spain to move to with 3 kids 11 9 and 3. all going to go to spainsh school. in need of jobs when we get there dont no the lingo unfortunatley. im a class 1 driver and a driving instructor by trade.my wife runs her own dirving school in uk, not sure if thats the sort of thing we could do in spain. also need some where to rent. anyone know how easy it is to register your own car in spain
Have a look at the links in the free beer thread at the top of the forum.

Old May 27th 2007, 3:22 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Need to learn Spanish if you want to work in Spain.

Rosemary
Old May 27th 2007, 4:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Given how different the driving instruction would be, and ONLY registered schools are allowed to teach, the only L plates in Spain are green and on the cars of newly qualified drivers. You would have to be pretty well fluent in Spanish to teach as the test is all in Spanish.
Old May 27th 2007, 4:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Go for long term rental property only to start with, you are going to have problems with a lack of Spanish, and the fact that only your Class 1 driving license will be of use, all other qualifications will NOT be usable here. You will almost certainly have to look for some other form of employment here, I'm not trying to sound defeatist, but you are starting out with a lot stacked against you. Look for somewhere in the southern coastal areas, that's where most of the Brits are. Car re registration isn't hard, as jdr has said look in the Free beer thread.
Old May 27th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Phil & Chele
Hi...

We too are thinking of upping sticks and moving to Spain along with our 3 children aged 18, 14 & 4.. not quite sure as to which part but going for a four week recci in late July... My cousin has just moved over to Almeria with her four children aged 14, 12, 9 & 5 she has been there before and loves it there, she says that the schools are great - her eldest will be going to an international school and the rest into a spanish school... sorry can't help anymore.... but the rest of the guys on here seem to be clued up and really helpful..... good luck

Chele
does your cousin work down in almeria. my hubby and i dont speak spanish but would need to work. not really fussy.
Old May 28th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mean to upset you but it is really hard to find work unless you know the language (OH and I dont speak Spanish). There is only bar work available and that really is dependent on age - you are taking a really big chance with three children. There is only OH and I to worry about. If I were you wait until the children are off your hands and then if it all goes pear shaped it's only the two of you that you have to worry about. I am sorry if this upsets you but we have been out since January and it is not as easy as one thinks
Old May 28th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Phil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura about

does your cousin work down in almeria. my hubby and i dont speak spanish but would need to work. not really fussy.
Hi... she didn't when she first went over 4 years back...but she did return back to England 18 months ago (health reasons - single parent & needed family support) and her and 4 children were speaking fluent Spanish !!! My cousin is a journalist and will be working on a Magazine for an Estate Agent over there... she is hoping to start her own mag...

My husband and i do not speak Spanish either..Do you both work now and what is it you do???

Chele..
Old May 28th 2007, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

my husband is a class 1 driver and he is also a qualified driving instructor. doesnt seem much call for it there. i am in the process of buying my own sandwich shop. was debating whether to bother and just take money to spain instead.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:35 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Well it looks like Spain is off the list now.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

my husband is a class 1 driver and he is also a qualified driving instructor. doesnt seem much call for it there. i am in the process of buying my own sandwich shop. was debating whether to bother and just take money to spain instead.
Best to let common sense prevail. It looks like you already have a good deal coming off for you and looking at your posting I guess that Spain may be a future thing for you rather than a present one.

Good Luck with the sandwich bar.

Rosemary
Old May 28th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

yes, i kind of know in my heart that it isnt going to happen in the next year or so. just so want a better life for my children. i dread to think what state this country is going to be in when my 3 year old is at high school. god really depressed now. thanks for all the help and info guys.
Old May 28th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

yes, i kind of know in my heart that it isnt going to happen in the next year or so. just so want a better life for my children. i dread to think what state this country is going to be in when my 3 year old is at high school. god really depressed now. thanks for all the help and info guys.
Chin up chick........it'll happen!

I was gunna say I would wait until the 14 yr old and then obviously the 9 yr old had finished their education in England.....a lot of kids we have met are struggling with the language at from around 11 yrs old....and definitely 14.

We moved over here this time last year, but Mr E works remotely via the internet for a UK company. And I've picked up cleaning and bar work. We wouldn't have done it without security...and we are lucky that we have it. Many young families have had to go back, which is upsetting.

It's not easy getting work out here, even if you have Spanish as a second language....so I would stay put until you are sure where you wanna go, have security (30,000 euros...will GO in a flash). We have already re-mortgaged... hence I'm back to work.

Good luck hun......hope everything will work out for you.

xx
Old May 28th 2007, 9:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Chin up chick........it'll happen!

I was gunna say I would wait until the 14 yr old and then obviously the 9 yr old had finished their education in England.....a lot of kids we have met are struggling with the language at from around 11 yrs old....and definitely 14.

We moved over here this time last year, but Mr E works remotely via the internet for a UK company. And I've picked up cleaning and bar work. We wouldn't have done it without security...and we are lucky that we have it. Many young families have had to go back, which is upsetting.

It's not easy getting work out here, even if you have Spanish as a second language....so I would stay put until you are sure where you wanna go, have security (30,000 euros...will GO in a flash). We have already re-mortgaged... hence I'm back to work.

Good luck hun......hope everything will work out for you.

xx

I think they are going to Canada now.