spanish virgin

Old May 27th 2007, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Post spanish virgin

hi new to sight, my husband and i along with our 3 children age 11 9 and 3 are all hoping to re locate to spain by autumn this year. always fancied almeria but ive heard its very remote and would struggle with schools and getting jobs. does anyone know if this is true. if so could anyone suggest any where. my husband will do just about any type of work, at the moment he is a class 1 (lgv) driver and has every licence going including driving instructor. we also have about 30.000 euros which if possile would like to buy a small business ie sandwich/snack bar or little cafe. sorry for going on but does anyone know about long term renting. we have a house over here which we are going to keep and rent out. just in case things dont go to plan need all bases covered with the kids. any help and advice extremely appreciated. ej

Last edited by ejbsom; May 27th 2007 at 9:07 am. Reason: quick reply
Old May 27th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: spanish virgin

Originally Posted by ejbsom
hi new to sight, my husband and i along with our 3 children age 11 9 and 3 are all hoping to re locate to spain by autumn this year. always fancied almeria but ive heard its very remote and would struggle with schools and getting jobs. does anyone know if this is true. if so could anyone suggest any where. my husband will do just about any type of work, at the moment he is a class 1 (lgv) driver and has every licence going including driving instructor. we also have about 30.000 euros which if possile would like to buy a small business ie sandwich/snack bar or little cafe. sorry for going on but does anyone know about long term renting. we have a house over here which we are going to keep and rent out. just in case things dont go to plan need all bases covered with the kids. any help and advice extremely appreciated. ej
Hi and welcome to BE, Think this is on the wrong bit, someone brainier than me will move it in a bit, in sure, There are people on here who live Almeria way. I am still in UK but have been many times and it is a lovely part of Spain. You'll get plenty of advice soon enough! Good Luck
Old May 27th 2007, 9:27 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it!!!! The subject title had me going for a bit!!!!

Anyhow, you'll be fine in Almeria (not my preferred choice but anyway) although 30.000 for a business is a bit light. Are you earning good money out of your UK rental? I personally would suggest selling it as that would set you up nicely here in Spain.
Old May 27th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Phil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura aboutPhil & Chele has a spectacular aura about

Hi...

We too are thinking of upping sticks and moving to Spain along with our 3 children aged 18, 14 & 4.. not quite sure as to which part but going for a four week recci in late July... My cousin has just moved over to Almeria with her four children aged 14, 12, 9 & 5 she has been there before and loves it there, she says that the schools are great - her eldest will be going to an international school and the rest into a spanish school... sorry can't help anymore.... but the rest of the guys on here seem to be clued up and really helpful..... good luck

Chele
Old May 27th 2007, 9:45 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I would suggest, that you get on and learn some Spanish if you don't already speak it. There are often openings for HGV drivers for trips to the UK.
Old May 27th 2007, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Mrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really nice

Hi.

We live in Almeria.
We lived near Alicante for over 3 years but fell in love with the area here when we came for a weekend away.
There are plenty of areas where there are lots of english people and Mojacar and Roquetas are big holiday areas with loads of english and spanish owned businesses. If you let me know what areas you are thinking of I may be able to head you in the right direction for rentals and businesses. I have found Viva Almeria very handy, they have a great message board too
Old May 27th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Cant help with Almeria but you will find €30,000 a very small sum for purchasing a business. Quite often you have to pay so much rent up front as well as the traspasso and you do really need to keep some in reserve for emergencies. Certainly Alicante to Javea there are very very few businesses for that sum of money.

Last edited by SueG; May 27th 2007 at 10:02 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 27th 2007, 10:07 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Cant help with Almeria but you will find €30,000 a very small sum for purchasing a business. Quite often you have to pay so much rent up front as well as the traspasso and you do really need to keep some in reserve for emergencies. Certainly Alicante to Javea there are very very few businesses for that sum of money.

Unless there's genuine goodwill, never pay a traspaso. Never done it, never will.
Old May 27th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Welcome to BE, when we had our short stay in spain hubby could of got a job with driving a transporter back to the uk, however like we said if he was coming back to the uk all the time there was no point in moving, there is a lot of hgv jobs however you do need the language as most are with spanish companys.

If we would of stayed there hubby was going to try other things rather than driving.

Where abouts will you be going
xxx
Old May 27th 2007, 10:24 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

........bloody...........damned..............threa d titles.....damn them!!
Old May 27th 2007, 10:29 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
........bloody...........damned..............threa d titles.....damn them!!
Can see how your mind worked. No-one needed mind reading skills either.

Careful Matt you are an open book on occasions!!!!!

Rosemary
Old May 27th 2007, 10:30 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Can see how your mind worked. No-one needed mind reading skills either.

Careful Matt you are an open book on occasions!!!!!

Rosemary
I take exception to that!!!!

Retract the words "on occasions" NOW!
Old May 27th 2007, 10:31 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I take exception to that!!!!

Retract the words "on occasions" NOW!
OK, OK ........you are always an open book so I retract the 'on occasions'.

Rosemary
Old May 27th 2007, 10:33 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by The Oddities
OK, OK ........you are always an open book so I retract the 'on occasions'.

Rosemary
Thank you!
Old May 27th 2007, 11:01 am

Thank you!
By the way are you feeling any better and when will you get the results of tests?

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.