Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Tax return - when?

Spanish Tax return - when?

Old May 23rd 2008, 5:15 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish Tax return - when?

Can anyone shed some light on this - I've done loads of searches but not found a definitive answer.

When does one have to complete a tax return in Spain? I thought the tax year ran Jan - Dec. If so, then the return must be done at the end of the year surely ??

A friend of mine has just been to his tax advisor and been told that it MUST be done by July ???

Thanks
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spanish Tax return - when?

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Can anyone shed some light on this - I've done loads of searches but not found a definitive answer.

When does one have to complete a tax return in Spain? I thought the tax year ran Jan - Dec. If so, then the return must be done at the end of the year surely ??

A friend of mine has just been to his tax advisor and been told that it MUST be done by July ???

Thanks
Hiya,

A friend of mine has been here 4 years and said to me make sure your tax return is in by end of June......new to me...missed last years GUTTED!!!!!

Go to a lawyer & ask him, I've been told that you need to get something, a renta I think, from your Bank and get your lawyer to file it & you should know what you're entitled 2 by July....I think thats what they told me but lots of peeps on here will be able to advise you.

Good luck xxx
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:30 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes my Gestoria emailed me yesterday and said it has to be in by the end of June
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:47 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Depends if you're resident or non-resident.
For residents NOW (1 May to 30 June) is the time to be submitting your tax returns for the tax year just gone (2007).
Non-residents can submit their returns at any time during the calendar year following the tax year.
Old May 26th 2008, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Depends if you're resident or non-resident.
For residents NOW (1 May to 30 June) is the time to be submitting your tax returns for the tax year just gone (2007).
Non-residents can submit their returns at any time during the calendar year following the tax year.
Indeed, mine's just gone in and I got a rebate!

*faints*
Old May 26th 2008, 2:17 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Did mine today too! In case anyone doesn't know, you can make your appointment with Hacienda online at http://www.aeat.es
Old May 26th 2008, 3:47 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You can also do it yourself using the same program that the tax office and gestors use.

Just fill in the details and print out the forms to take to the bank. You can even pay by Visa!
Old May 26th 2008, 5:31 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
You can also do it yourself using the same program that the tax office and gestors use.

Just fill in the details and print out the forms to take to the bank. You can even pay by Visa!
Fred.
We are none resident, none working / earning and used a gestor to submit our first tax return last year for income / weath tax.
I have copies of the form 214 and some of the bar code sticky labels provided by the hacienda last year.
Would it be in order for us to fill in the forms for this year using the same figures as used last year, and just take them to the bank??
Our circumstances have not changed re the cadastral value of the house etc.
Thanks in advance.
Old May 26th 2008, 7:42 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If nothing has changed then, yes, do it yourself on form 214.

There was a time when non residents had to have a fiscal representative but that is no longer the case if you just have the one property.

It's bad enough having to pay these taxes, without having to pay a gestor almost as much just to fill in a form.
Old May 26th 2008, 9:16 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Totally clueless here, but why would a non-resident have to file a tax return at all? How much time do you have to be there to have to do this?

Thanks,

Bev
Old May 26th 2008, 9:41 am

If you are non resident but own a property in Spain you have to pay wealth tax and an income tax based on the notional rental value of your property.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for confirming that Fred
The Gestor only charged us €30 for filling in the forms last year. But it's still better in my pocket than his