Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish state pension

Spanish state pension

Old Sep 26th 2010, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Spanish state pension

I've started this thread because the small business thread has deviated from its initial topic & I'd like to know a bit more about the Spanish state pension.

So, firstly, are there any people here who like me are going to receive the Spanish state pension, or are you all getting pensions from the UK?

Do you know what your entitlements are?

What happens when you have enough qualifying years in the UK to get a UK state pension as well as having enough qualifying years in Spain too?

There is information about pensions on the Seguridad Social webpage: http://www.seg-social.es/Internet_1/index.htm but I am finding this particularly hard to navigate and extract any useful information.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spanish state pension

Everything you need to know about Spanish state pension including online calculator and application for vida loboral is here:-

https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/Sede_...dadanos/231479

If you have state pensions in more than one country go here as well

http://ec.europa.eu/employment_socia.../homepage.psml
Old Sep 26th 2010, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Everything you need to know about Spanish state pension including online calculator and application for vida loboral is here:-

https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/Sede_...dadanos/231479

If you have state pensions in more than one country go here as well

http://ec.europa.eu/employment_socia.../homepage.psml
Thanks for this. However, whilst on the surface of things these links looked to be very useful, I haven't succeeded in extracting any useful information from them.

The online calculator just tells me that I don't qualify for a state pension as I haven't (yet) notched up enough years. And it doesn't take into account my 16 qualifying years in the UK. However, by the time I retire I will have about 30 years of contributions in Spain.

I looked at the second link but just got bogged down with all the questions and ended up on a wild goose chase going around in circles and was none the wiser at the end.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:27 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You can get a Spanish pension even if you have worked in Spain for less than the usual 15 year minimum, so long as you have worked in another member state so that in total you qualify for a minimum pension.

In the UK you now get a full pension after 30 years of contributions. If you have also worked in another member state then that gets added in and it is perfectly possible to get a larger pension than if you have only worked in one state.

The link that whitelinen gave to the Eulisses site does give you all the info you need but you will need to persevere with it. It is probably the best source of info on this very complicated subject.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 4:59 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me or does anyone else just miss out on the time scales when the Gov decides to give away money.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James
You can get a Spanish pension even if you have worked in Spain for less than the usual 15 year minimum, so long as you have worked in another member state so that in total you qualify for a minimum pension.

In the UK you now get a full pension after 30 years of contributions. If you have also worked in another member state then that gets added in and it is perfectly possible to get a larger pension than if you have only worked in one state.

The link that whitelinen gave to the Eulisses site does give you all the info you need but you will need to persevere with it. It is probably the best source of info on this very complicated subject.
Thanks. I think I'll retackle that Eulisses site when I am in a more patient mood.

Here's a couple of quick questions though in case anyone can save me the trouble:

1 If I have notched up 30 years of contributions in Spain, will that make my 16 in the UK irrelevant when calculating my state pension?

2 How much is Spanish state pension if you get the full whack?
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Is it just me or does anyone else just miss out on the time scales when the Gov decides to give away money
I'll be pedantic & say they it's not their money to give away in the first place, it belongs to those of us that actually filled the pot!

I don't qualify for a state pension until age 67 & there is no way in hell I'm working that long so we have two choices. Pig out of Big Mac's & die long before retirement age (I believe this is why the government has not banned junk food, they're hoping to reduce life expectancy & therefore effectively deal with the pension timebomb.) or option B is to fund your own retirement.

At present I've opted for somewhere in the middle
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Veleta
Thanks. I think I'll retackle that Eulisses site when I am in a more patient mood.

Here's a couple of quick questions though in case anyone can save me the trouble:

1 If I have notched up 30 years of contributions in Spain, will that make my 16 in the UK irrelevant when calculating my state pension?

2 How much is Spanish state pension if you get the full whack?

I suppose the answer to both would depend if you are an employee the entire time and your level of salary or are you autonoma?

I have been reliably told that the Spanish basic state pension for the majority i.e. people on 1000 a month and autonomos is around 450 Euros a month.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:01 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose the answer to both would depend if you are an employee the entire time and your level of salary or are you autonoma?

I have been reliably told that the Spanish basic state pension for the majority i.e. people on 1000 a month and autonomos is around 450 Euros a month.

I have read that the average pension in Valencia region is 792 euros which is below tha national average of 874euros.

Here is some info on the subject

http://www.lasprovincias.es/20100129...-20100129.html
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:09 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

If there are any maths genius out there and if they can be bothered there is a formula that is used for calculating pensions on this following link.

It also explains the problem the country is facing with an aging population.

http://www.unagaliciamoderna.com/eaw...em_reforms.pdf

By the way it is in English
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JLFS
If there are any maths genius out there and if they can be bothered there is a formula that is used for calculating pensions on this following link.

It also explains the problem the country is facing with an aging population.

http://www.unagaliciamoderna.com/eaw...em_reforms.pdf By the way it is in English
Thanks for the links, both were interesting.

The average pension is not the minimum state pension so a lot of people will get much less than mentioned and unlike other countries (UK included) there is no pension credit top up, no assistance with IBI (rates) no assistance whatsoever with rent or mortgage payments.

The second link was interesting as it shows a table giving percentage of pension paid relative to years paid in.

So for those who have mentioned it here or elsewhere. 15 years contributions are the minimum in Spain and this entitles the person to receive 50% of the basic state pension at 65 or soon to be 67 and to be eligible for 100% the person will have to contribute for 35 years.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm autonoma. After 30 years of contributions I guess I will be on the top rate (or very nearly) rather than the basic rate of the state pension.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:11 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=Veleta;8877388]I'm autonoma. After 30 years of contributions I guess I will be on the top rate (or very nearly) rather than the basic rate of the state pension.[/QUOTE]

You can also up the amount of your payments when you reach either 52 or 54 I think that is the age.

Then your pension will rise accordingly, that is if there are still any workers who contribute left.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JLFS;8877463]
Originally Posted by Veleta
I'm autonoma. After 30 years of contributions I guess I will be on the top rate (or very nearly) rather than the basic rate of the state pension.[/QUOTE]

You can also up the amount of your payments when you reach either 52 or 54 I think that is the age.

Then your pension will rise accordingly, that is if there are still any workers who contribute left.
Lynn will be after you again.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:19 pm
Banned

[QUOTE=jdr;8877471]
Originally Posted by JLFS

Lynn will be after you again.
Are you talking to me?

Look, I wont tell her if you dont, you know she can be a bit scary at times.......

just keep it under your hat PLEASE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.