Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

spanish residents on new developments

spanish residents on new developments

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

fedupbrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Question spanish residents on new developments

hi everyone, another research question from me. do Spanish people tend to buy on the new developments that are springing up all over Spain, or is it all other nationalities. let me tell you about my dream, i have 2 boys age 7 and 14months, and i would love for them to live somewhere where they can mix with the Spanish people and have new friends, playing in a communal pool and generally enjoying a healthier outdoor climate. i don't want to live on the coast where there is a high proportion of brits, but would like somewhere that is mainly Spanish , but with a smattering of brits. do the Spanish people buy on new developments, and more to the point whereabouts. i really like the look of Almeria, but until we have learned Spanish for work reasons, near Gibraltar may be more practical. can anyone help my dreams become reality
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spanish residents on new developments

Originally Posted by fedupbrit
hi everyone, another research question from me. do Spanish people tend to buy on the new developments that are springing up all over Spain, or is it all other nationalities. let me tell you about my dream, i have 2 boys age 7 and 14months, and i would love for them to live somewhere where they can mix with the Spanish people and have new friends, playing in a communal pool and generally enjoying a healthier outdoor climate. i don't want to live on the coast where there is a high proportion of brits, but would like somewhere that is mainly Spanish , but with a smattering of brits. do the Spanish people buy on new developments, and more to the point whereabouts. i really like the look of Almeria, but until we have learned Spanish for work reasons, near Gibraltar may be more practical. can anyone help my dreams become reality
My place is on a new development which is part of an older development and there are Spanish, German, French & Belgian as well as English. Thats Oliva in the Valencia Province
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:38 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Where I live, most of the 'all year' residents are english, but most of the rest are owned by Spaniards who come for holidays. We are lucky in that they are mostly 'owner used' as opposed to 'holiday let'.

Last summer my girls played almost exclusively with Spanish kids.......their, and my, spanish improved considerably over the summer
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

fedupbrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Where I live, most of the 'all year' residents are english, but most of the rest are owned by Spaniards who come for holidays. We are lucky in that they are mostly 'owner used' as opposed to 'holiday let'.

Last summer my girls played almost exclusively with Spanish kids.......their, and my, spanish improved considerably over the summer

that sounds lovely lynnxa, i think you only learn a language fluently by living and playing with the natives. whereabouts are you?
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fedupbrit
that sounds lovely lynnxa, i think you only learn a language fluently by living and playing with the natives. whereabouts are you?

forgot to say that they also go to spanish school, so they're pretty much fluent with their spanish now, but last summer definately gave them an advantage over their english friends who went to the UK for the summer & spoke no spanish for 3 months!