Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish postage costs

Spanish postage costs

Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Spanish postage costs

I usually go to Denia post office to mail stuff - a standard sized envelope is 1.2e normal post to UK.

Today I did the same but at Ondara & they charged me 70c.

I think I'll be going to Onadara more often!
Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:46 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish postage costs

1gram makes all the difference between the two
Old Nov 6th 2012, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

If it was 70c then it was 20grams or less, over that, upto 50grams it's €1.35 ( think it used to be 65c and €1.20). 20 grams is quite light. I always go to Ondara.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that v useful.

Actually it's always the same envelope & 1 piece of paper so I put it down to Denia profiteering - more touristy & clients are less likely to know.

Funnily enough last year I took the same parcel to 2 POs in UK & for the same service got 2 different prices.

See you in Ondara
Old Nov 6th 2012, 3:09 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It's all on the Correos website.

http://www.correos.es/dinamic/planti...rticulares.asp
Old Nov 6th 2012, 3:59 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poolboy
I usually go to Denia post office to mail stuff - a standard sized envelope is 1.2e normal post to UK and rest of EU.

Today I did the same but at Ondara & they charged me 70c.

I think I'll be going to Onadara more often!
The printed Tariff shows for the UK
20g = 70c
21-50g = €1.35
51-100g = €2.15

if you have been charged 70c then that doesn't come up on the listings at all.
But then neither does the €1.20.

So hope that it gets there without any surcharge on the way, but lots of people are in for a shock when the dodgy scales are next inspected.
Is this at a Correos or a Tobacconist ?
perhaps if the latter then they are using an out of date chart.

Having done over 10yrs of Mail Room work, IME it is easy to get over 20g with just the envelope, and when you then add a single piece of A4 to the scales it goes up with a jump, alarming customers when they see the price.

`
Old Nov 6th 2012, 4:47 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
20g = 70c
21-50g = €1.35
51-100g = €2.15

if you have been charged 70c then that doesn't come up on the listings at all.
But then neither does the €1.20.

So hope that it gets there without any surcharge on the way, but lots of people are in for a shock when the dodgy scales are next inspected.
Is this at a Correos or a Tobacconist ?
perhaps if the latter then they are using an out of date chart.

Having done over 10yrs of Mail Room work, IME it is easy to get over 20g with just the envelope, and when you then add a single piece of A4 to the scales it goes up with a jump, alarming customers when they see the price.

`
Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but does each and every envelope get weighed after it's posted and on it's way to the destination ?

I've never bothered getting mine weighed, just stuffed them straight in the box with a 65 or 70 stamp on, or only very occasionally an extra stamp if it was very important and looked very obviously over 20g.

Never had a problem yet, touch wood.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Domino
20g = 70c

if you have been charged 70c then that doesn't come up on the listings at all
`

Err ??
Old Nov 6th 2012, 6:53 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
Err ??
Having just returned from the UK I presumed from Doms post that the 65cent had gone up to 70.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
Err ??
yes i made a cock-up, didnt finish writing before posting, but it got the message across

so the lowest rate for mail to the UK is now 70c,

in fairness, below are the Europe prices for letters from the UK

Postcards 87p
10g = 87p
20g = 87p
40g = £1.28
60g = £1.66
80g = £1.91
100g = £2.21

for full details see http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...Prices2012.pdf
Old Nov 7th 2012, 7:57 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

If someone in the UK send you a letter to Spain with the incorrect postage the letter is held back for several weeks and then sent onto you with a message written on it saying the reason. My neice always (no matter how many times I tell her) put an ordinary first class stamp on her letters to me and I get them at some point. Do not know what happens the other way around.

Rosemary
Old Nov 7th 2012, 10:46 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but does each and every envelope get weighed after it's posted and on it's way to the destination ?

I've never bothered getting mine weighed, just stuffed them straight in the box with a 65 or 70 stamp on, or only very occasionally an extra stamp if it was very important and looked very obviously over 20g.

Never had a problem yet, touch wood.
Can anyone answer my query, does each and every envelope get weighed after posting ?
Old Nov 7th 2012, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

well I weighed on my kitchen scales an envelope & cheque & it was 6 grams so I suspect that Correos buys its scales from the same place as Ryanair.

I suspect in tourist areas its an easy gain as I doubt anyone ever checks, its only when you go somewhere else with the same envelope you realise you've been popped.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:23 pm

Can anyone answer my query, does each and every envelope get weighed after posting ?
seems like no one knows Dick, although Rosemary has indicated there are some checks. Obviously if it is enormously overweight then someone might notice.

Not even sure if the weighing at the point of sale is the only check in Spain, although I think we know the Royal Mail have so many sort and weigh machines there are probably a number of places where such anomolies would be picked up.
But then they did have Pricing by Proportion for a few years which was IMO a big flop, caused more aggro than was necessary and more arguements about costing.

`
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

In our correos office you can't buy stamps! You have to hand over the letter to be weighed and measured, then they stick a label on it. It takes forever.

You can however buy stamps at the tobacconists ... and stuff the letters straight into the postbox ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.