Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Language Schools

Spanish Language Schools

Old Feb 21st 2010, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Language Schools

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
Most of the students I have taught Spanish to, have been to several Language schools and several so called English/Spanish teachers. You cannot generalize on the abilities of people you don't Know. I speak very quickly both in Spanish and English. Have only Spanish TV and radio and read Spanish novels as well as English ones. I also write short stories and poems in Spanish with some of my Spanish neighbours and we criticise each others efforts. I taught myself Spanish from Hola magazine and the novels of Pio Baroja but I was desperate to learn. Elspeth
I'm sure you're very good at Spanish

But you're not a qualified Spanish teacher from an organisation that knows what it takes to teach people languages and get them to be fully fluent. I wouldnt go to a doctor who taught themself by watching Holby City

Going to an independent person with no qualifications runs the risk that you will end up spending a lot of time and money and not getting very far.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

¿Como sabes si yo tengo un master en español o no? Get a life!
Old Feb 21st 2010, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you would have written that sentence a little better for a start

This forum is to give people advice and help the person who starts the thread. That's what I did
Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

I would recomend private classes on a one to one or one to two basis with reading ,writing, grammar, listening and speaking for three hours a day and be prepared to do one hour of homework. A week of this would give you an excellent start and plenty of time to enjoy yourself and speak to native Span ish speakers. This is possible to arrange as a package in a real Spanish village with a Scottish teacher who is fluent in Spanish. Elspeth
I think you need to learn a little bit about net etiquette. Registering on a website just to promote your services is called spam.

Besides, if you have to spam to generate business, you can't be all that good anyway.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot the accents, cómo, máster, very bad example to set for a teacher of the language.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:10 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
You forgot the accents, cómo, máster, very bad example to set for a teacher of the language.
We need an adjudicator. When it's an adverb interrogating (how..? or why..?) then yes it needs an accent. I'm not so sure that this is the case, although I admit I'm not 100% happy with the sentence construct anyway...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

TeresaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick post to say thanks again for the really helpful info.
I have joined an evening class here in the UK (it started in September so I have some catching up to do). So, when we go to Spain to study, hopefully we will not be complete novices!

Wish I had started learning Spanish years ago .......
Old Mar 4th 2010, 4:36 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
We need an adjudicator. When it's an adverb interrogating (how..? or why..?) then yes it needs an accent. I'm not so sure that this is the case, although I admit I'm not 100% happy with the sentence construct anyway...
yes you need the tilde in a question...................
Old Mar 4th 2010, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
yes you need the tilde in a question...................
Agree. Although of course it doesn't have to be a question, there are loads of other uses of "cómo".
No me digas cómo tengo que comportarme.

In the case of the word "máster", it's a loan word from English obviously, and to keep the pronunciation it needs an accent on the "a".
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:26 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I'm sure you're very good at Spanish

But you're not a qualified Spanish teacher from an organisation that knows what it takes to teach people languages and get them to be fully fluent. I wouldnt go to a doctor who taught themself by watching Holby City

Going to an independent person with no qualifications runs the risk that you will end up spending a lot of time and money and not getting very far.
I know it is better to go to a person who is qualified to teach, but it is not quite the same as going to a self taught doctor who may not understand.

"Could you take off his spectacles"........could be a bit dangerous.....
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:40 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

There are many Language Schools in Asturias too.

Plus you have no choice but to use what you learn .... it has everything here for a lovely holiday and a cultural experience.

And the food.....