Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

spanish farmhouse

spanish farmhouse

Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spanish farmhouse

Originally Posted by andyrich666
In Spain Prostitution is legal and looking for it (kerb crawling) is also legal. In Catalonia im not so sure however.
Is pimping legal?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:41 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Is pimping legal?
Why would you like to know all this,Carol? Have you got a business idea for when you move over?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Is pimping legal?
Pimping and any type of coercion are not legal
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Going off the shit I get everytime I'm in Spain - I'd say they don't police it very strongly then.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Why would you like to know all this,Carol? Have you got a business idea for when you move over?
Honestly, not at all! Yet these are questions & answers I have not read before on this forum, and I am curious. If you don't ask, you'll never know.
I was wondering how do brothels get the "green" light (so to speak) in Spain? Is it a "co-operative" of prostitutes? How does the manager/manageress, if there is one, stay clear of the label "pimp"?
The OP may well have other intentions with the bar and finca idea. I have quoted the OP's last post, as it made me question the above.
Regards,
Carol
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, not at all! Yet these are questions & answers I have not read before on this forum, and I am curious. If you don't ask, you'll never know.
I was wondering how do brothels get the "green" light (so to speak) in Spain? Is it a "co-operative" of prostitutes? How does the manager/manageress, if there is one, stay clear of the label "pimp"?
The OP may well have other intentions with the bar and finca idea. I have quoted the OP's last post, as it made me question the above.
Regards,
Carol
Ace - "middle aged couple in Costas vice scandal" You need to make that pension go as far as you can!!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Regards,
Carol
I dont know how you get a licence to open a club but Spain cant make there mind up whether its legal or illegal, all they will commit to is reducing **new** Prostitution, after nearly three years of debate, a parliamentary commission advising the government threw in the towel, rejecting all of the proposed approaches and simply leaving prostitution where it was: a shady zone where it is neither legal nor illegal. The problem proved too complicated even for the northeastern Catalonia region, where officials had drawn up innovative plans to turn prostitutes into independent businesswomen forming cooperatives.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Ace - "middle aged couple in Costas vice scandal" You need to make that pension go as far as you can!!
you rogue!
Someone did ask about "new" business ideas...
Somehow I can't see Spain allowing foreigners (EU nationals or otherwise) to set up their own "burdel"...legally.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

I dont know how you get a licence to open a club but Spain cant make there mind up whether its legal or illegal, all they will commit to is reducing **new** Prostitution, after nearly three years of debate, a parliamentary commission advising the government threw in the towel, rejecting all of the proposed approaches and simply leaving prostitution where it was: a shady zone where it is neither legal nor illegal. The problem proved too complicated even for the northeastern Catalonia region, where officials had drawn up innovative plans to turn prostitutes into independent businesswomen forming cooperatives.
Interesting. So by "new" prostitution, then perhaps it means no permission for new "clubs".
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Interesting. So by "new" prostitution, then perhaps it means no permission for new "clubs".
Yes I agree, Its not one of them places that is difficult to find, I think from what I have noticed when I have beem in Spain many times that visiting a hooker is just part of your day / week anyway.

The street side of it is where the majority of complaints come from
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

sueandterry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iwantsun
is there still any cheapish derilict farm houses with a bit of land down on the south coast ,does anyone have any idea of prices anything within an hours drive to a holiday resort would do as we will be looking for a small bar as well ,anyone with any experience we await your help
Yes, you can still get some cheapish derelict farmhouses, land, well it's variable. Another option is to buy land, and put a Malu on it. If you want
a house that is a bit more, and , quite honestly in the long run it sometimes
works out cheaper to buy a house that is a do-er upper. i.e. partly modernised, habitable, then do the rest of the work yourself. I am afraid there are plenty of bars available, because, as was said, they seem to change
hands very quickly. Our local bar/restaurant has had four different owners
in as many years. The area that is up and coming at the moment is Murcia,in
the Costa Calida. A reasonable price for a do-er upper would be about 140,000 to 150,000 euros. Hope that will help you. (but as somebody else said, the Spanish won't put up with anybody with any kind of attitude, they
just ignore you. ) they have their ways of dealing with you... and you don't get any deliveries etc., A friend of mine had a bad attitude with his lovely
Spanish neighbour, and every time he went back to UK, his water pipes
mysteriously burst, and continued leaking all the time he was away.... bricks and rocks flung in his pool, and all his outside lights broken. Plus dozens of
stray dogs dumped in his garden !! Sorry to have to tell you that..... Good luck to you, and I mean that seriously.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:10 am
Just Joined

iwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant future

there you gknow if someone had of come up with a reply like this none of this would have started finally someone wiht answers and advice rather than a mocking attitude ,,bars will go bust every 5 minutes due to the fact that people sell there council houses and think running a business is going to be fun i on the other hand have slightly more experience in life than that
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:26 am
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwantsun
there you gknow if someone had of come up with a reply like this none of this would have started finally someone wiht answers and advice rather than a mocking attitude ,,bars will go bust every 5 minutes due to the fact that people sell there council houses and think running a business is going to be fun i on the other hand have slightly more experience in life than that

Hi there iwantsun
Please dont take to heart the way you feel youve been treated - i think it was a bit of banter that has been blown out of proportion and ended up coming out wrong - when youve been on a bit longer you will see that a lot of what people say on here is done in a fun way even thought to a newbie like yourself it can come across quite harsly its not meant that way honestly.
I wish you well in your future adventure and hope all your dreams are fulfilled and maybe we will see you one day when we are sat in your pub having a drink with you in the sun - that is if i can ever get the bloody hubby on a plane .
Take care and good luck
Sam xxxxx
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:44 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Iwantsun,

The responses here are most likely because everyone has seen so many people try what you want to do but with no backing, unreasonable dreams etc etc etc.

That kinda makes people forget that there are people out there that do know what they are doing, and are capable of winning thru despite everything.

It's not 'cos they have a down on you. I hope to god that you are one of the small % that will win thru.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 4:17 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I have found just what this thread needs.......................
Attached Thumbnails spanish farmhouse-creamsensitive3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.