Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

spanish farmhouse

spanish farmhouse

Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

iwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant future
Default spanish farmhouse

is there still any cheapish derilict farm houses with a bit of land down on the south coast ,does anyone have any idea of prices anything within an hours drive to a holiday resort would do as we will be looking for a small bar as well ,anyone with any experience we await your help
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spanish farmhouse

Originally Posted by iwantsun
is there still any cheapish derilict farm houses with a bit of land down on the south coast ,does anyone have any idea of prices anything within an hours drive to a holiday resort would do as we will be looking for a small bar as well ,anyone with any experience we await your help
Here we go - cheap derelict property and a profitable bar on the Costas - I'll pull up a chair and wait the fun to start!!!

I believe both of these are now manufactured in unobtainium.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:45 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Huge difference between Spain and Brazil so why the change of mind?

Rosemary
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Days of cheap farmhouses are well past, the TV shows you get are so out of date. As for running a bar everyone wants to do that and most go bust plus people dont realise the very long hours that are involved in doing so. I have seen bards where I live go out of business bot one British run who did not supply the tapas expected in this area, also british measures, and a few spanish bars. Ok I dont live on one of the popular costas, but I do see the problems.

This topic has been discussed until the cows come home on here. I hope it works for you but I think you are going to be very disappointed

pwwm
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

iwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant futureiwantsun has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pwwm
Days of cheap farmhouses are well past, the TV shows you get are so out of date. As for running a bar everyone wants to do that and most go bust plus people dont realise the very long hours that are involved in doing so. I have seen bards where I live go out of business bot one British run who did not supply the tapas expected in this area, also british measures, and a few spanish bars. Ok I dont live on one of the popular costas, but I do see the problems.

This topic has been discussed until the cows come home on here. I hope it works for you but I think you are going to be very disappointed

pwwm
so everyone has to fail ,well lets give up now ,,jesus
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

as far as the change of heart it isnt as i,ve already said we are looking at all of our options you will also see that i havent at anytime been rude to anyone except on this thread as i cant stand smug attitudes ,so dont get the wrong imppression i,ve ran my own business for over 15 years and fully understand hard work the person who want to pull up a chair should get a life
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

i take it from your negative bollox you have some experience and maybe ****ed it all up if you cant be positive get your chair and stick it up your arse
No - but unlike yourself I do do the odd search of previous topics to avoid asking a question that has been asked many times before.

Thanks for giving me your permission, to pleasure myself in such an imaginative way - but I feel you have confused my desires with your own.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

as far as the change of heart it isnt as i,ve already said we are looking at all of our options you will also see that i havent at anytime been rude to anyone except on this thread as i cant stand smug attitudes ,so dont get the wrong imppression i,ve ran my own business for over 15 years and fully understand hard work the person who want to pull up a chair should get a life
You are quoting Rosemary's query there...............

I have to be totally honest, of all the people on this site she is one of those not likely to offend a newbie, if she asked a question it was probably because she was interested in your response, not trying to haze you or goad you.

She may not be everyone's cup of tea but I have always found her helpful, so why don't you calm down and relax.

If people are advising you that having a pub in Spain and finding a cheap farmhouse are almost as hard as life can get then its because they might have some experience of it.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:35 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

what is it with people like you if you cant be polite and helpful **** off you lonely internet nerd go make some real friends you smug prick
How long have you known him?

Seriously now?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

what is it with people like you if you cant be polite and helpful **** off you lonely internet nerd go make some real friends you smug prick
Do you know when I said I'll pull up a chair in my first post??????

Hey I think we could be real friends, we seem so alike.

I hope somebody will along shortly to give you an answer your looking for to your OP - spend the time waiting to have a lie down and maybe take the meds you missed this morning.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Calm down and stop overreacting if you want some information from the Spanish section. Ignore all of the negative comments and value the positive comments if you want an unrealistic view of what is available or achievable. The vast majority of the posters in this section will tell you how it really is and this will be both negative and positive. So if you want to be able to decide on possibilities by gaining a balanced and informative list of pros and cons you will need to have an open mind.

Good luck with your research.

Rosemary
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Not nice!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:43 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by montgomail
Not nice!
But surprisingly insightful.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
But surprisingly insightful.
Not even you think that of me.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

i wasnt answering rosemary i was explaining to her that i had been rude to some one and someone who deserved it ,sorry but did i say i was looking for a property for £20 no i,m on here trying to get a footing and some good positive advice not oppinions of this is not a good idea and niether is that the world is full fo sinics ,,as far as getting a chair and watching the show blokey i would love to know his lifestyle ,,anyway enough,,all i,m interested in are people that can give sound advice not pompus twats who believe they know better than everyone else ,,so yet again i pose the question i,m looking for a cheapish famhouse which needs renovating [as i,m a builder ] and also i,m looking to start a business within the a tourist area [silly really as tourist dont spend money and they certainly dont eat ] anyone with any real advice i am looking forward to speaking to you ,,,also as ive already said we are not tied into brazil ,we are also not tied into spain WE ARE LOOKING AT OUR OPTIONS ,,pompus wankers need not apply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.