Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish education v British education

Spanish education v British education

Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:26 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spanish education v British education

Originally Posted by livit
HMMM.

All i can say its a school, they use the net to learn, not PR themselves, it is after all a Primary School.

Is it relevent to whether the school is better or worse.

Why the odd replies ?

My first post on a subject in a site I`ve just joined and your as welcoming as the people many here complain about in the UK.

I simply answered the original question.

Bartomole Flores.
As the original OP i say a big welcome to BE. Thank you for your imput as if we do move back to the uk we would be looking at a rural location so your imput is valid to me. Thanks again.

Andy
Old Feb 25th 2009, 10:40 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

HMMM.

My first post on a subject in a site I`ve just joined and your as welcoming as the people many here complain about in the UK.

Bartomole Flores.

I´ve just joined this site as well but was warned that it can get a little "firey"!! But I´ll welcome you, from one newby to another !!

Jo
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
I´ve just joined this site as well but was warned that it can get a little "firey"!! But I´ll welcome you, from one newby to another !!

Jo
It`s not a little firey, but when you get a newbie coming on and slagging off the Spanish school system and saying how great the UK system is, what do you expect.
Every school and every kid is different, it`s too much a sweeping statement, The schools my grand children have been to here have been excellent and many people that have started with Brit schools have changed so that their kids get the culture of Spain, after all this is their home. ;-)
Old Feb 25th 2009, 5:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

HMMM.

All i can say its a school, they use the net to learn, not PR themselves, it is after all a Primary School.

Is it relevent to whether the school is better or worse.

Why the odd replies ?

Bartomole Flores.
You seem to think so, slagging off the Spanish system and all the schools here and saying how wonderful your school is cos they have one computer to two children and Spanish schools use chalk, get real.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 7:44 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
It`s not a little firey, but when you get a newbie coming on and slagging off the Spanish school system and saying how great the UK system is, what do you expect.
Every school and every kid is different, it`s too much a sweeping statement, The schools my grand children have been to here have been excellent and many people that have started with Brit schools have changed so that their kids get the culture of Spain, after all this is their home. ;-)

Don't worry JDR, you know the type that guy is anyway. I bet his first purchase after buying his house was Sky so as not to miss Corrie & Eastenders, his local bar was called 'The Jolly Roger' and any bar owned and frequented by Spaniards he called 'the Spanish bars' clearly forgetting that as he is in Spain the adjective is superfluous and, of course, was clearly frustrated that every one insisted on speaking Spanish. John, you'll never convince him, so don't waste your typing on him!!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Our experience of spanish schools has been very good.

Our son goes to a private Spanish catholic boys school. It was a thought out decision due to his age when we came over, also we did want him to intergrate into the Spanish ways. He had attended a school in Wales for all primary education and had completed year 6. When he joined his new school he repeated year 6, which was no hardship. 2 years later he is achieving good results and his Spanish Lengua teacher has told him that some classmates in 2 years time will most probably be asking him for help as his understanding of the formation of the language is very good.

There are 4 evaluations a year and he has to achieve a reasonable pass to be able to move up next year. He has already been told that if he continues to progress this will happen. In his welsh school he was tested twice a year with only 2 parent/ teacher evenings. We can visit his Spanish school at any time to discuss any issues.

We find the staff at the school very helpful and supportive to our son, and the teacher who gives him extra spanish lessons is very encouraging.

We are happy with our decision, and can only hope that being fluent in 2 languages, possibly 3 as he will learn French, can only stand him in good stead for work prospects.

Sue
Old Feb 25th 2009, 8:35 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Don't worry JDR, you know the type that guy is anyway. I bet his first purchase after buying his house was Sky so as not to miss Corrie & Eastenders, his local bar was called 'The Jolly Roger' and any bar owned and frequented by Spaniards he called 'the Spanish bars' clearly forgetting that as he is in Spain the adjective is superfluous and, of course, was clearly frustrated that every one insisted on speaking Spanish. John, you'll never convince him, so don't waste your typing on him!!

correct:

Yes, I had sky installed so as not to miss corrie or eastenders

incorrrect:

Not a guy, as my picture and profile suggest, I am indeed a lady!! Didnt purchase, we´re renting a house on a spanish urbanisation. Dont drink or go to english bars, there arent any english bars in my town that I know of. I dont go to bars much anyway, well apart from churros on a saturday morning with the kids. I´m learning spanish and having two lessons a week, very slow progress tho!

I hope the news published in The Guadiana Weekly mentioned on your signature is researched more thoroughly!!!

For information, I have five children, the three eldest are grown up and live in my UK house. My two youngest are 11 and 14, the eldest of which goes to an international school, as he was at an age where we didnt feel the dramatic change would do him any good and thats what he wanted and he´s happy. My youngest goes to the local state school, which she absolutely hates, although we´re perservering and is starting to be a little happier ...... I think!!?

As for the topic, the above explains why I feel qualified to add my opinion. My personal belief is that it doesnt matter one jot whichever school in whichever country people choose to send their kids to, as long as they come out the other end confident, willing and happy! And actually is it important whether they grow up "Spanish" or "english"?? I like to think my kids willl grow up to see the WORLD as a place where anything and anywhere is available to them and they can enjoy their lives wherever they go

So there

Jo

Last edited by jojojojojojojojojojojojo; Feb 25th 2009 at 9:03 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:08 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

correct:

Yes, I had sky installed so as not to miss corrie or eastenders

incorrrect:

Not a guy, as my picture and profile suggest, I am indeed a lady!! Didnt purchase, we´re renting a house on a spanish urbanisation. Dont drink or go to english bars, there arent any english bars in my town that I know of. I dont go to bars much anyway, well apart from churros on a saturday morning with the kids. I´m learning spanish and having two lessons a week, very slow progress tho!

I hope the news published in The Guadiana Weekly mentioned on your signature is researched more thoroughly!!!

For information, I have five children, the three eldest are grown up and live in my UK house. My two youngest are 11 and 14, the eldest of which goes to an international school, as he was at an age where we didnt feel the dramatic change would do him any good and thats what he wanted and he´s happy. My youngest goes to the local state school, which she absolutely hates, although we´re perservering and is starting to be a little happier ...... I think!!?

As for the topic, the above explains why I feel qualified to add my opinion. My personal belief is that it doesnt matter one jot whichever school in whichever country people choose to send their kids to, as long as they come out the other end confident, willing and happy! And actually is it important whether they grow up "Spanish" or "english"?? I like to think my kids willl grow up to see the WORLD as a place where anything and anywhere is available to them and they can enjoy their lives wherever they go

So there

Jo
This wasn't aimed at you Jo. Follow the thread. JDR was taking exception to the previous poster which he explained in his reply to you, which I was replying to. So I'll ignore the rant, given that you were confused.
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:11 pm
Banned

This wasn't aimed at you Jo. Follow the thread. JDR was taking exception to the previous poster which he explained in his reply to you, which I was replying to. So I'll ignore the rant, given that you were confused.

I´m blonde - confused is my middle name! however, you tagged the quote that was tagged on my quote........ if you know what I mean

Jo
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:16 pm

I´m blonde - confused is my middle name! however, you tagged the quote that was tagged on my quote........ if you know what I mean

Jo
Nay bother! If I had hair I'd be blonde too.

Tagged only in that it came from JDR's reply to you. I know you are the female of the species from 'other' sites, and know of your stance re your kids and education etc, as has been discussed elsewhere. So I would not presume to attack your choices given that you have explained them well in you Mums Club
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:22 pm
Banned

Nay bother! If I had hair I'd be blonde too.

Tagged only in that it came from JDR's reply to you. I know you are the female of the species from 'other' sites, and know of your stance re your kids and education etc, as has been discussed elsewhere. So I would not presume to attack your choices given that you have explained them well in you Mums Club

hhhhhhmmmmmm, and what is a bloke doing hanging around "mums club"?? lol

Jo xxx
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:23 pm

hhhhhhmmmmmm, and what is a bloke doing hanging around "mums club"?? lol

Jo xxx

Looking for single mums or desperate housewives!!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2009, 11:51 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Thank you CBANDY, glad to be of help.

I sure did hit a nerve with some people.

I didn`t think my post was slagging off the Spanish system .
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:10 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Is it possible that after getting SKY he installed the net and spent time on this BritishExpat site too.

Out of curiousity, how many members here frequent Spanish speaking forum sites

I know a few sat guys who are makin good money in the UK installing systems for immigrants from Europe, guess you can`t stereo type any culture, creed or human trait.
Old Feb 26th 2009, 12:32 am
Banned

totally off topic, I thought I´d mention that I have a couple of friends who live in France and have done for a good few years, they´ve totally intergrated and love it there, but every now and again they miss "britishness". Now niether of them want to go back to the UK to even visit, so what they do is visit me and drive down to Benalmadena and they absolutely love the british culture down there, footie on the TVs, quiz nites, fish n chips, sunday roastss, newspapers......... Its actually nothing to be ashamed of, and immigrants have been doing it for 100s of years. Moving to another country and setting up home as they know it, time dilutes it and eventually the cultures become one - look at the arabs in Spain in the 8th century for example!

Jo x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.