Spanish

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

gemz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Spanish

Hi,
Starting to explore my options for emigrating. I love spain, but i want a good style of life for my family. What i would really love is the option of immigration to spain from another english speaking family. The things that worry me are:

1. I cant speak spanish, and when i did french at school i found it very very difficult to learn anything and i guess it would be the same with spanish.I know in thee very touristy areas they speak a lot of english but i guess this isnt the case everywhere and i doubt i could really live somewhere for the rest of my life and not speak the language. Will my kids start coming home from school talking spanish, and i wont know what on earth there chatting about?
2. whats the healthcare like?
3.what are the houses like in relation to english
4.what are the wages like?
6.do you experience a better quality of life than england?
ta in advance!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:07 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish

1) yes if they're in spanish school
2) good
3) cool in summer - cooooollllllllddddddd in winter
4) cr*p
5) amazingly - yes!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 8:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

1. Yes but I guess they'll end up teaching you
2. Its fine so I'm told, but we took private as a back up - its only £60
3. They are certainly built differently. Ours is cool now the heats on and as its fully insulated it tended to keep the heat in the winter - we had three oil radiators & hot/cold aircon
4. I'm told the average wage is 13000 euros a year. Having said that, the cost of living (around here at least) seems to be about 30% cheaper
5. In general I think yes. Although we're retired. If you have to work ... well ... remember you'll be working in the evening as well as the day and if you can get used to the different work practice then good luck!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gemz
Hi,
Starting to explore my options for emigrating. I love spain, but i want a good style of life for my family. What i would really love is the option of immigration to spain from another english speaking family. The things that worry me are:

1. I cant speak spanish, and when i did french at school i found it very very difficult to learn anything and i guess it would be the same with spanish.I know in thee very touristy areas they speak a lot of english but i guess this isnt the case everywhere and i doubt i could really live somewhere for the rest of my life and not speak the language. Will my kids start coming home from school talking spanish, and i wont know what on earth there chatting about?
2. whats the healthcare like?
3.what are the houses like in relation to english
4.what are the wages like?
6.do you experience a better quality of life than england?
ta in advance!!!
I, When over here you are immersed in the language, and it's amazing just what you pick up.
2. From my experience, very good, Spain certainly has a much higher rateing by the WHO than the UK.
3. Smaller in general, cool in summer, and you need t0o heat in winter, butvery few houses have central heating.
4. Wouldn't know as I am retired, but lower judging on the rates charged by people.
5. (ermm can't find a question 5)
6. Very much so.