Area Research

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:57 pm
jk_
Just Joined

jk_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Area Research

Hi all
Just got back from Playa Flamenca,First holiday for the kids for years and they loved it.Is this a typical costa blanca resort,how does this compare with the costa brava,costa del sol,dorado,ect?What areas are nice to live in?Or am i asking to much for a noob.

Sorry- i Know this subject has been mentioned but forgot to search

Last edited by jk_; Jun 2nd 2007 at 3:02 pm. Reason: Copy
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Area Research

Hi,
I know Playa flamenca quite well (just down the road from torrevieja). i used to own a pad there.

the area has been heavily built up over recent years (where has not) and there are a lot of properties there.

I personally find the area nice to look at and there are loads of ex pats there, a good thing or a bad thing thats a matter of opinion.

The houses in some areas are built very close together.

the bars are good there.

The BAD thing about the area is the crime rate, ask in any bar "have you been robbed?" and everyone will say yes, it is very sad that you have to sleep with grids closed windows closed and alarm on.

But the property prices are great at the minute it is definitely a buyers market, you can buy lovely properties for little, but living with that level of crime was not "paradise" for me so i moved to the CDS.

I hope this Helps

Los Pacos hombre
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:02 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jk_
Hi all
Just got back from Playa Flamenca,First holiday for the kids for years and they loved it.Is this a typical costa blanca resort,how does this compare with the costa brava,costa del sol,dorado,ect?What areas are nice to live in?Or am i asking to much for a noob.

Sorry- i Know this subject has been mentioned but forgot to search
Currently live there, nice and quiet, but there is night life if you want, plenty of nice housing away from the noise. Yes a typical costa resort, and I've NEVER had any problems with crime, and only know of one person who has, maybe we just live on an urbanisation that is far enough from the bars etc to keep the robbers away.

Last edited by mikelincs; Jun 3rd 2007 at 11:05 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:11 pm
jk_
Just Joined

jk_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replys.
In the short time we spent there,i felt totaly safe.
We did have the shutters down at night, but i thought this was typical all over Spain.
It does seem safer than the Uk.