Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain, What Do You Expect?

Spain, What Do You Expect?

Old Jan 20th 2010, 6:54 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spain, What Do You Expect?

It just got better.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Im going back for different reasons. The hotel where I work has picked up a hell of a lot so I do make quite a bit of cash selling cd´s and commission on the bingo so Im probably earning as much as a fairly decent job in the uk, however i miss family and friends and have just split from a long relationship and dont seem to be getting any further here. Big gamble yes as i will need to find a job but one has to take risks
Old Jan 21st 2010, 9:25 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

The hotel where I work has picked up a hell of a lot so I do make quite a bit of cash selling cd´s and commission on the bingo
That's very interesting news. Is that just the one hotel, or do you think the whole tourist area may be starting to pick up? In the Uk it was announced yesterday that the unemployment figures had stopped rising and indeed had fallen in December (ok, so this is normally seasonal). Who knows, we may be approaching a recovery..let's hope so.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Benidorm has its spells. People seem to be coming out on cheap deals only. However saying that the pound rate has risen and I think its at 1.15 right now. that has a lot to do with it.
As far as i know the UK is pretty much out of recession anyway and I do frequently look on the job centre website I do find there are more jobs than before.HGV jobs has picked up a lot which is one of the things I want to do.

A lot of it has been scare mongering by the press. they made the uk worse than it actually ever was anyway but as my dad says there are people in the shops,cafe´s and a lot of people took advantage of the scrappage scheme so there are a lot of new cars on the road.

Going back for me could be the right time as opposed to when I wanted to last year.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Benidorm has its spells. People seem to be coming out on cheap deals only. However saying that the pound rate has risen and I think its at 1.15 right now. that has a lot to do with it.
I don't really think that sort of increase makes any real difference, whether it's 1.1 or 1.15 is next to nothing. I know it would make no difference to me, whether I booked a holiday or not.

As far as i know the UK is pretty much out of recession anyway
According to the experts we are, have been for a while, but just need to wait for the figures to confirm it.

A lot of it has been scare mongering by the press. they made the uk worse than it actually ever was anyway but as my dad says there are people in the shops,cafe´s and a lot of people took advantage of the scrappage scheme so there are a lot of new cars on the road.
Your Dad is right. I bought a new car in September (not scrappage though) and would have had to wait until this year to get exactly what I wanted, they are selling lots of cars. Personally, the crisis hasn't affected me one iota, well only really for the better, lots of shops are doing lots of deals. Investments took a big hit, but they are back slightly higher than they were before. Without a doubt, people that have lost jobs will really be feeling it, but there are many not affected. I was looking at a 5* hotel in Spain last night (only looking!) which is about £100 a night, they are doing 3 nights with breakfast for £155. Loads of hotel bargains in Spain at the moment.