Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain europes 2nd toughest country to find a job.

Spain europes 2nd toughest country to find a job.

Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:21 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of
Default Spain europes 2nd toughest country to find a job.

New survey puts Latvia No 1, Spain No2 and Lituania no3 and Estonia no4.

The UK comes in at no 16.

Read it here from Forbes.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/18112009/389...ob-europe.html

Something to consider if you want to move.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain europes 2nd toughest country to find a job.

Try and keep up!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642430
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:35 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Poor Spain !!

I had a converstion with my spanish student last week and she was explaining how difficult it is for even well educated spanish people to find work.

She is well educated and has been to university, as are her friends and she had many stories of how hard it's been. Even changing careers is near on impossible.

It is a worry for me to think that that's in store for my children when they grow up.

Unfortunately, we have to move back to the UK sooner than we wish next year, but long term its probably better for our children to get work and have a career.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama

Unfortunately, we have to move back to the UK sooner than we wish next year, but long term its probably better for our children to get work and have a career.
Let's us know how you get on when you've been back a while! I've heard a few regretting it, but most seem happy with the move. As nice as it might be there it won't be much fun for the kids if they can't get decent jobs. Our friends are in the same boat, son 15-16 doing very well at school, but not sure whether to send him to UK university or Spanish. Have a look here, there are many thousands of Spanish that have opted to work in UK, even though everything is bad about it!
http://www.forolondres.com/foro/
Old Nov 28th 2009, 4:55 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by agoreira
I prefer to have a life, thanks.

I leave you to correct me.
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

does this stat take into account the people employed without contracts?
i doubt it,i just dont get the spanish social security guys,i could find them 200 people working without contracts in an hour,and 100 whose contracts bear no resemblence to the hours that they work