Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New to Benalmadena

New to Benalmadena

Old Nov 28th 2009, 6:48 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default New to Benalmadena

Hi all,

Just a quick hello. I've been away from BE for a while, and I wanted to say Hi again. We moved to Benalmadena (Torremuelle) at the beginning of November and no doubt we will have lots of questions for you all.

But for now......

My hubby works away from home and only travels home once every few weeks. Me and the kids are feeling a little bit lonely and wondered whats the best way to go about meeting other families on the costa.

The kids have school friends, but with the language barrier meeting mums is proving difficult. So are there any coffee morning meetings or organised play meets for families? My daughter is 10 and my son is 6???

Thanks guys

Nic
Old Nov 28th 2009, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Benalmadena

Hi Nic, welcome to BE, we are just "up the road" from you, our daughter made contact with other Mums via Mums in Spain http://www.mumsinspain.com
Have a look, unfortunately our Grandchildren are younger, 2 and 3, but am sure you will make contact with other Mums with children of the same age.

You do not say which school your children attend, know there are many activities arranged through the schools here.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:31 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Hi all,

Just a quick hello. I've been away from BE for a while, and I wanted to say Hi again. We moved to Benalmadena (Torremuelle) at the beginning of November and no doubt we will have lots of questions for you all.

But for now......

My hubby works away from home and only travels home once every few weeks. Me and the kids are feeling a little bit lonely and wondered whats the best way to go about meeting other families on the costa.

The kids have school friends, but with the language barrier meeting mums is proving difficult. So are there any coffee morning meetings or organised play meets for families? My daughter is 10 and my son is 6???

Thanks guys

Nic
Hi i have wee boy who is 6, we are over in el faro. We have some friends in torremuelle too , but i dont live in spain full time . He has few wee mates loves going to the palmona park in benalmadena . Im over in a few weeks time so if you want to get touch feel free in p.m
Old Nov 29th 2009, 6:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishwildcat
Hi i have wee boy who is 6, we are over in el faro. We have some friends in torremuelle too , but i dont live in spain full time . He has few wee mates loves going to the palmona park in benalmadena . Im over in a few weeks time so if you want to get touch feel free in p.m
One of the best parks I have been to, and what an entrance gate.

Old Nov 29th 2009, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

A friend recommended that park about 3 years ago and we only found it last Saturday! (by accident, when taking a 'circuitous' route from the seafront to the motorway) Still haven't been, mind