Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain Big cash loans to modernise the tourist industry

Spain Big cash loans to modernise the tourist industry

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 3:31 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Spain Big cash loans to modernise the tourist industry

Spain is offering 400 million Euro to the Tourist Industry to modernise infrastructure of the companies operating in the sector.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_18984.shtml

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_18855.shtml
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:02 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain Big cash loans to modernise the tourist industry

The Official Credit Institute, ICO, will offer soft loans to finance up to 90% of projects at an interest rate of 1.5% under the plan which will remain in force until the end of next year.

Hotels, camp sites, rural accommodation, restaurants and other establishments linked to the tourism industry can all apply.
Since the banks are playing hardball in this credit crunch, I can see the logic of this (assuming the government manages to get the loans repaid, which isn't a given - it may be similar to the student loans idea I suspect). In fact I'd like to see this in the UK, perhaps lending money to building projects (eg the proposed train line upgrades, green village development etc), instead of chucking money away in tax cuts - normally I'd welcome tax cuts, but when times are hard people will just put the extra cash in a safe place and refuse to spend it. Back to Spain, and yes this investment will help re-invigorate the building sector, one hopes. However what happens if they build new hotels and no-one comes? Worrying times...
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:06 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Since the banks are playing hardball in this credit crunch, I can see the logic of this (assuming the government manages to get the loans repaid, which isn't a given - it may be similar to the student loans idea I suspect). In fact I'd like to see this in the UK, perhaps lending money to building projects (eg the proposed train line upgrades, green village development etc), instead of chucking money away in tax cuts - normally I'd welcome tax cuts, but when times are hard people will just put the extra cash in a safe place and refuse to spend it. Back to Spain, and yes this investment will help re-invigorate the building sector, one hopes. However what happens if they build new hotels and no-one comes? Worrying times...
The brand new hotel on the resort i work has closed
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:19 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Spain is offering 400 million Euro to the Tourist Industry to modernise infrastructure of the companies operating in the sector.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_18984.shtml

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_18855.shtml
Knowing how this sort of things work here in Spain there are many strings attached to this.
For example; we was once we was once offered a cheap loan so that we could redecorate the house. But if we took up the offer it meant that the house would have to be used as a casa rural for another 15 years after taking the loan. Yer sure for a few 100 Euros!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:09 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CBANDY
The brand new hotel on the resort i work has closed
Spain Modernise the tourist industry , Hotels, camp sites, rural accommodation, restaurants and other establishments linked to the tourism industry can all apply
not new hotels it toupgrade whats there , not bad ideal think to do , what see some old hotels out there , but also includes updateing area aswell paths sea fronts , buses and so on , new builds dont get the grants

where hotels are closed , it the cost , lot off the hotels are over charging we got Competition off easten European citys and cheaper rooms

most hotels think more money the better , when if drop there price that many fill beds

with free are cheap airfare people are investing more places now adays with spain be hight on travel place but you hear people sayying it was not cheap
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Nosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really niceNosherlot is just really nice

We want to open a Casa Rural so it might be interesting to see if we qualify for a loan to do the work to change a farmhouse into a guest house. Fingers crossed!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:35 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nosherlot
We want to open a Casa Rural so it might be interesting to see if we qualify for a loan to do the work to change a farmhouse into a guest house. Fingers crossed!
According to your link you're changing from a 9 to 5 job to do this. Plus you're moving to a place where you'll need to learn 2 languages (Spanish and Gallego). Plus get to grips with the different laws, customs etc. Wow! You don't do things by half do you? Still, at least you have resources here to call upon. And to be honest, the coming year may be the best one to be spending time on getting permissions, getting building work done - I'm sure there'll be lots of cheapish labour available, plus it's not as if you'll be losing out on clients if delays occur. So, lots of luck with your venture.
I have some contacts in Cantabria (one of whom's German, has been involved in running accommodation, and speaks good English) who are in the building game and may be able to help you/give advice. PM me if so, although tbh you really need local people for this type of help.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 3:01 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, things can be done as we have lived in Galicia for nearly 5 years now. We admit we took a slightly easier route than the Noshers intend on going, in that we bought an up and running business. Thankfully we got some good advice on that as we were going to purchase a ruin. We agree it will not be easy to cope with all the paperwork to obtain permissions, but if you use a good Gestoria and architect they will smooth the path a lot.
You friends in the building trade must live nearly 400 km away from where The Noshers are going to live. Are they will to travel that far?
Maybe The Noshers should do a blog on how the restoration of the farm goes. It will make interesting reading.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 3:38 pm
Not Banned (yet)

You friends in the building trade must live nearly 400 km away from where The Noshers are going to live. Are they will to travel that far?
Well if you read my post I mentioned them giving advice (although I'm sure if the price was right they'd do a weekly commute...) But realistically the advice (for many reasons) has to come locally.