Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain Is The Best Place to Live In Europe!

Spain Is The Best Place to Live In Europe!

Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:04 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Spain Is The Best Place to Live In Europe!

According to uSwitch.com, Spain has the 'Best Quality of Life" in Europe so we can all stop moaning on Brit ExPats and take some comfort that we chose the right place to live !!

SO THERE

- See HERE
- and HERE
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:28 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain Is The Best Place to Live In Europe!

Spain Is The Best Place to Live In Europe!-museo.jpg

For me Madrid is the best place to live in Europe.
Doesn't suit everyone though - cold winters, no beach.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:05 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve never doubted it since I first arrived in a green aeroplane for the cheapest holiday I ever had, and flew back in a pink one. The company went bust a few months later, but my love for Spain was firmly in place. I had to wait many years before the dream became a reality.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
According to uSwitch.com, Spain has the 'Best Quality of Life" in Europe so we can all stop moaning on Brit ExPats and take some comfort that we chose the right place to live !!

SO THERE

- See HERE
- and HERE
So I take it you didn't read the the FOUR comments on the article in Round Town News.

Jim
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Although that doesn't mean that every part of Spain is better than any part of anywhere else. You still have to find the bit that best for you. Depending on what you want (e.g. must be within walking distance of Liverpool FC) that might not be in Spain at all. Your mileage will vary
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:25 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
So I take it you didn't read the the FOUR comments on the article in Round Town News.

Jim
Well exactly, proving as always that Spain is what you can make of it .... it doesnt mean if you move here that all your troubles will fall away and leave you in some kind of paradise!
Old Oct 18th 2009, 1:48 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bigger Jim
Jim
1) Please enlighten us. What's your point?
2) Round Town News article ?
Old Oct 18th 2009, 5:32 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

theses comments

about this article in the Round Town News
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud ofBigger Jim has much to be proud of

If you are asking us to read a reference to a point it might help if you first read it yourself. Otherwise we may all end up with misconceptions as to life in Spain. Even the Romans couldn't get it right.

"Perhaps you may be expecting a troupe of Spanish dancers, Gypsy girls, with their wanton songs and routines...." Juvenal , Satire XI

Jim
Old Oct 18th 2009, 11:34 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably unwise to generalize about whole countries anyway. For instance, Germany is known as being fairly prosperous, efficient and safe. Yet if you live in an eastern city with high unemployment and neo-nazi attacks the reality can be something different.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:58 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
It's probably unwise to generalize about whole countries anyway. For instance, Germany is known as being fairly prosperous, efficient and safe. Yet if you live in an eastern city with high unemployment and neo-nazi attacks the reality can be something different.
Qué ?

Most of us generalise a lot of the time unless it's personal - we cannot do our own primary research for every thing we want to discuss / gossip about. I don't think in general we can help generalising, we all act on hear-say, third hand news, mis-reporting, etc - life's too short for facts every 5 minutes. Gosh the media make a great living on it!

This Expat's site would be a 'ghost-town' and less interesting without generalisations and opinions surely!

As long as we are open-minded and realise most of what's said in life (and certainly on here) is generalisations and guess-work!

what do you think ?

As for Spain being the the 'Best Place' then clearly it depends on you, your needs, your experiences, your attitude and skills to cope / thrive wherever you decide to live. We've all moved to either escape something or improve our lives in some way - the world is full of migrants - some people would risk an overfull illegal ferry / stowaway to be in the UK for a 'better life', other's cannot wait to get out !!! - so it's all relative anyway is it not?.

Clearly this report / study could only measure certain tangible things rather then individual subjective experiences.... so now we can all debate and generalise I hope !
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:52 pm
Banned

Cal09 is an unknown quantity at this point

It is certainly wonderful here but Im not sure about the best place to live.

Im sure others in other countries will be singing the virtues!
Old Oct 21st 2009, 1:33 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

Stay Put if you're already in Spain - Get out while there's still room on the roads in overcrowded Blighty !

The UK's population to be 71+ million according to a new report as outlined on the BBC

"The population of the UK is expected to increase from 61m to 71.6m by 2033, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS)."

( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8318010.stm )
Old Oct 21st 2009, 3:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive just been back to the UK, and I have to say people were looking a bit happier than they were last time I was there in June. Its true to say though the roads are so conjested as it is now ... really frustrating.

As for Spain being the best place to live ... who knows. I like it here for sure but contrary to what some people might think I dont think everything in the garden here in Spain is rosey!

The UK for me is where I was born and brought up, and probably where I feel most comfortable. However the climate there is not to my liking, and thats why I like living here in Spain for the moment
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

savateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nicesavateur is just really nice

Life is what you make of it, no matter where you are.

All countries, have there good and bad points, survey's like these have no meaning, the whole thing was riddled with inaccuracies !

Yes, I am back on here after slagging off the place as a festerin hot bed of neg heads !