Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Changing to Yoigo maybe?

Changing to Yoigo maybe?

Old Oct 20th 2009, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Changing to Yoigo maybe?

Hi. Has anyone got any experience on this service? Im on Movistar pay as you go but im finding 10euros doesnt last me anytime anymore. I have a mate who recently changed to Yoigo and reckons his tenner goes a lot further than his old movistar,his wife has changed too and yoigo to yoigo calls are pennies per minute.

good thing is I can keep the same number and I can get a 15euro sim with 20euros in credit. However are there any downsides to this service? I remember a company called Amena that was a provider in spain and you could never get a signal.

I would like some feedback before I make the move from expensive Movistar.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:16 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Changing to Yoigo maybe?

Hi im on yoigo payg ive only had few weeks but i have it for my internet at the house in spain , i get good signal not let me down so far . I did put on my phone for the day and got full signal ,where sometime my movistar has half. cant tell you more as now back home.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I changed to Yoigo and the signal and service was fine, in Spain.

There are issues with roaming however, and because of this I'm no longer with them

Their roaming agreement is with Three, whose own network in the UK isn't great. Three customers use another network, I can't remember which, when there is no Three coverage, but unfortunately this option doesn't seem to be available to those who are trying to roam on Three.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:46 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

We have talked to the local shop about using Yoigo. This shop used to sell Movistar services and then went over to Yoigo. It seems that Yoigo uses the same network as Movistar. Yes the calls are a lot cheaper. If you already have a Spanish number then you can seemly use the same one if you are not under a contract.

Amena is now owned by Orange. It was bought out in 2005

Network coverage----- http://cobertura.yoigo.com/

Last edited by Casa Santo Estevo; Oct 20th 2009 at 4:49 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Big Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the roughBig Mac is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Changing to Yoigo maybe?

Hi, We changed to Yoigo from vodafone several months ago and are delighted with the service. Much cheaper and a far better signal.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Ive had a Yoigo for a year now, its a lot cheaper, and I like how it tells you how much each call cost, when you hang up, texts are cheap, mine are 10c to text to Spain and the UK, but some friends in the UK do have problems replying back to it for some reason, (but not a problem as I also still have a Vodafone sim, both in the same phone )

Ive got the menu that allows me to ring other Yoigo numbers for an hour a day free, ok still have to pay a 12-15c connection charge...

Signal is great in the house too...
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Great. I think from all the feedback im going to get it this week. Do you know if they do an internet dongle like Vodafone? Ie on the move internet and is it cheaper? Ive had a browse on the website and I found this but not sure if its the same thing.
https://tienda.yoigo.com/selforder/device/P075MF6B2
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Yes that is the Yoigo dongle, ive not tried it though, ive got the vodafone one.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

3gb usage for 25euros p.m? That seems much better than vodafones who change about 40 for the same I think
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:56 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spainboy
Great. I think from all the feedback im going to get it this week. Do you know if they do an internet dongle like Vodafone? Ie on the move internet and is it cheaper? Ive had a browse on the website and I found this but not sure if its the same thing.
https://tienda.yoigo.com/selforder/device/P075MF6B2
Hi yes it is and there very helpful too , is enough for me im not there all the time, and if you dont use it that day you dont get charge.