Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is Spain about to disintegrate??

Is Spain about to disintegrate??

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 7:55 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Is Spain about to disintegrate??

stop worrying .... no way you can change it!!

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:14 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Spain? America? Iran? China? The World?

It loathes me to say it but we are probably not even close to the edge of this global crap.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:10 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
I think it's more a case of Spain integrating.The idea that the Euro could thrive with counties setting their own taxes and overseeing their own banking structures was barmy,the Euro could only ever be as strong as it's economically weakest member.Spain will be absorbed into the Greater German Europe with more and more of it's taxes and laws being decided in the Bundeskanzleramt .
its called GERMANIA (from the roman latin name) not ´´greater germany´´ ,as that is
Großdeutschland which to a german is a ss panzer divison
the same as SWITZERLAND is Confoederatio Helvetica which again is latin (CH on back of cars ..
i wonder if SCOTLAND will be ´´rebublic de alba´´
and as for CATALONIA its only been in spain 300 years ,was free for a 1000 years before
Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:58 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
its called GERMANIA (from the roman latin name) not ´´greater germany´´ ,as that is
Großdeutschland which to a german is a ss panzer divison
the same as SWITZERLAND is Confoederatio Helvetica which again is latin (CH on back of cars ..
i wonder if SCOTLAND will be ´´rebublic de alba´´
and as for CATALONIA its only been in spain 300 years ,was free for a 1000 years before
Well "England" was free for 3-4000 years before the Romans came and Wales was free before the Romans as well.
but are you suggesting the decision of the burghers of the day wasnt made carefully, to give the state the comfort of being part of a larger organisation, for the future good of the people.?

things change, and perhaps all the member states of Italy will want to split up as well, after all that has only been one nation for 150 years or so.
or even Germany which has only been in its current single state for about 200 years, both being previously loosely connected states but not a sing government.

but bet Catalunia will want to retain certain "rights" over the travel etc in the remainder of Spain, without having to pay for the upkeep.

all about money, greed, power - the things that keep man getting up in the morning, the opportunity to go out and hit someone on the head with a club.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
That is not quite true

Spain was united by the Catholic Kings in the late 16thC. Spain has been a country since then, which is over 400 years ago

Until then Spain was always a network of kingdoms that were passed between the hands of different nobles - depending on marriages, wars etc

In fact, you can only really say that a country has become "free" when they can choose who they are rulled by, before then they are just peons to the landowners
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

So since 1975 then!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:47 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
That is not quite true

Spain was united by the Catholic Kings in the late 16thC. Spain has been a country since then, which is over 400 years ago

Until then Spain was always a network of kingdoms that were passed between the hands of different nobles - depending on marriages, wars etc

In fact, you can only really say that a country has become "free" when they can choose who they are rulled by, before then they are just peons to the landowners
not quite right either.......
the marriage of the Catholic Kings (Aragon and Castile) in 1469 (mid C15th) was seen as the start of the Spanish Kingdom but both kingdoms still operated seperately, even after the end of the Islamic Emirate in 1492 it wasnt until 1516 (early C16th) that Carlos I became the ruler of both states and started to bring things together....

As it was not until 1258 that the king of France formally relinquished his feudal lordship over the counties of the Principality of Catalonia to the king of Aragon James I, perhaps they should latch back on to France for comfort.

hth
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Domino
Well "England" was free for 3-4000 years before the Romans came and Wales was free before the Romans as well.
but are you suggesting the decision of the burghers of the day wasnt made carefully, to give the state the comfort of being part of a larger organisation, for the future good of the people.?

things change, and perhaps all the member states of Italy will want to split up as well, after all that has only been one nation for 150 years or so.
or even Germany which has only been in its current single state for about 200 years, both being previously loosely connected states but not a sing government.

but bet Catalunia will want to retain certain "rights" over the travel etc in the remainder of Spain, without having to pay for the upkeep.

all about money, greed, power - the things that keep man getting up in the morning, the opportunity to go out and hit someone on the head with a club.
no the celts were free until the ANGLO-SAXONS invaded (thats you the english) in the 600s .Only the UK has major border controls ,so i think your bit behind there .... if you take Catalunya out of spain you aint left with much .italy may split in two in the future but they still are all italians and germany is all germans ...the people in Catalunya are not Spanish they dont speak spanish,they dont even have spanish in the schools except as a second language .even the road crossings have different markings then the rest of spain...
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:54 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-of-Spain.html

Jo xx
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:11 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

The young folk here in Zaragoza are more concerned about the opening of their Apple store in the new shopping mall.

Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:41 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by agoreira
I see Rajoy still has time to bang on about Gib though, you'd think he'd have more important things to worry about.
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1598...r-reino-unido/
I was surprised how many in the thread at the end actually thought that Gib would be mad to want to join Spain, and that Gib clearly had no interest in ever becoming Spanish.
who cares i!! ts 28,000 people on a tiny bit of land.the town across the border has 70,000 in it .
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:50 pm
Banned

Following the fall of Barcelona on 11 September 1714, the "special status" of the territories belonging to the former Crown of Aragon and its institutions was abolished by the Nueva Planta decrees, under which all its lands were incorporated to the Crown as provinces, within a united Spanish administration, as Spain moved towards a centralised government under the new Bourbon dynasty.

sounds to me like they were invaded by the spanish ...300 years ago ...
makes you laugh ppl banging on about the 28,000 British subjects on gibralter and how they should be allowed to flog cheap fags and electrics,
and then slag down 8,000,000 people for wanting to do the same ...total double standard,hope you dont do the same to the scots next year or they will be off into the rebulic of alba
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:04 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

The amount of bad press over the years over the housing scams in Spain has driven thousands upon thousands of would be buyers away, I don't know if this is to blame for Spains woes, but if it is, or has played any part, they only have themselves to blame.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:50 pm
Banned

Default off topic

the lack of housing in the uk and the mad asking prices for buildings that are falling apart being over 150 years old ,gave people large sums of money to spend in spain on very badly built dwellings .these complexes will turn back into dust over the next 50 years,as are some of those from the 60´s that i have been working on. my house was built in 1950 and is solid concrete and rock ....cost me nothing to buy.i m still here,those who brought ´with pool´´ have long gone back to the smog and crime .
Old Oct 4th 2012, 7:53 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Strange days these.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.