Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is Spain about to disintegrate??

Is Spain about to disintegrate??

Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is Spain about to disintegrate??

Originally Posted by cricketman
Its silly and out of date

The military has no standing in Spain any more. People would laugh them out of the door. Its the bankers who run the country, just like they do everywhere else
Totally agree on that one. I can just imagine some silly soldier sticking his rifle in a banker's face only for the banker to laugh and say "Go away. You have no standing in modern Spanish society. It's us bankers who run the country nowadays" .

It seems to have worked everywhere else where the military have tried to take over.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
The Spanish State faces DISINTEGRATION
I see Rajoy still has time to bang on about Gib though, you'd think he'd have more important things to worry about.
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1598...r-reino-unido/
I was surprised how many in the thread at the end actually thought that Gib would be mad to want to join Spain, and that Gib clearly had no interest in ever becoming Spanish.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 6:12 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The UK has got Scotland, Germany has Bavaria, Italy has its north, and Spain has Catalunya, I won't bother with the rest of the world but most countries have regions that want to break away from central government for a host of reasons.

Our map drawers from years ago got it wrong many times, they put together people that didn't belong together, and didn't want to be together.

I'm trying to think of a recent example where a country was split, perhaps Czechoslovakia fits the bill and that separation seems to have worked, under the umbrella of the EU.

The trouble with Catalunya is the re-drawing of a map over which a bloody civil war has already been fought, and recently.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Still banging on about bilateral talks, Gibraltarians being excluded from the talks, how very democratic

Also the Treaty of Utrecht (1713), Gibraltar has many times asked Spain to go to court over the treaty and get a definitive answer. Spain always replies that in doing so it would mean that they recognise Gib as a country, which they do not. When the real answer is that the treaty would not hold up in court to Spain's way of thinking.

Nice to see some of the comments are on Gib's side.

4) ¿no tendrian que ser los habitantesde gibraltar lo que decidieran si quieren ser ingleses o Españoles?

8) Gibraltar siempre a servido a marear la perdiz cuando hemos tenido problemas.en España

10) VIVA GIBRALTAR LIBRE!!!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

4) ¿no tendrian que ser los habitantesde gibraltar lo que decidieran si quieren ser ingleses o Españoles?

8) Gibraltar siempre a servido a marear la perdiz cuando hemos tenido problemas.en España

I think at least a few have got the message! Plus always liked the expression marear la perdiz

Por cierto Gibraltar ya pasó por dos referéndum (Franco y Aznar) para volver a ser Española resultados el 99% y el 98% a favor de quedarse colonia Inglés !!!
Lo unico que me parece claro es que los gibraltareños no quieren ser españoles
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
I think at least a few have got the message! Plus always liked the expression marear la perdiz

Por cierto Gibraltar ya pasó por dos referéndum (Franco y Aznar) para volver a ser Española resultados el 99% y el 98% a favor de quedarse colonia Inglés !!!
Come on guys, this is a British Expats forum where the language is English. Some of us have only lived in Spain for seven or eight years so haven't had chance to pick up on the language yet.

If you really must show off by posting in Spanish then at least give us an English translation as well.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Still banging on about bilateral talks, Gibraltarians being excluded from the talks, how very democratic

Also the Treaty of Utrecht (1713), Gibraltar has many times asked Spain to go to court over the treaty and get a definitive answer. Spain always replies that in doing so it would mean that they recognise Gib as a country, which they do not. When the real answer is that the treaty would not hold up in court to Spain's way of thinking.

4) ¿no tendrian que ser los habitantes de gibraltar lo que decidieran si quieren ser ingleses o Españoles?

Originally Posted by billgates
Come on guys, this is a British Expats forum where the language is English. Some of us have only lived in Spain for seven or eight years so haven't had chance to pick up on the language yet.

If you really must show off by posting in Spanish then at least give us an English translation as well.
The reason for posting in Spanish is that many times the phrases don't translate too well.

But here it is courtesy of Google

4) Should not it be the habitantes de gibraltar to decide whether they want to be British or Spanish?

8) Gibraltar served always beating around the bush when we had problemas.en Spain

10) GIBRALTAR LIVE FREE!

marear la perdiz beating around the bush

Incidentally Gibraltar and went through two referendums (Franco and Aznar) Spanish for re results 99% and 98% in favor of remaining English colony!
The only thing that seems clear is that the people of Gibraltar do not want to be Spanish
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by billgates
Seven or eight years without speaking Spanish? The choice is yours of course, personally I'd be ashamed if I couldn't hold a good conversation in the language after that time, wherever I was.
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Seven or eight years without speaking Spanish? The choice is yours of course, personally I'd be ashamed if I couldn't hold a good conversation in the language after that time, wherever I was.
I agree and I am
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another popular decision with Spain, http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/1604...o-provisional/
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:23 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

got hit by a good one on Sunday when paying for 2 drinks
"DOCHENTA" says the guy

didnt catch me out, been here 9 months, heard that one before
so gave him the DOS OCHENTA he wanted.

its not the learning of the Spanish words its the learning of the saying by listening carefully as like the English, Scots, Welsh we all have little slang ways of saying things.

Spain disintegrating ? Well the UK appears to be doing the same, but in this case it is the rich Catalans not wanting to support the poorer rest of the country.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's more a case of Spain integrating.The idea that the Euro could thrive with counties setting their own taxes and overseeing their own banking structures was barmy,the Euro could only ever be as strong as it's economically weakest member.Spain will be absorbed into the Greater German Europe with more and more of it's taxes and laws being decided in the Bundeskanzleramt .
Old Oct 1st 2012, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
I think it's more a case of Spain integrating.The idea that the Euro could thrive with counties setting their own taxes and overseeing their own banking structures was barmy,the Euro could only ever be as strong as it's economically weakest member.Spain will be absorbed into the Greater German Europe with more and more of it's taxes and laws being decided in the Bundeskanzleramt .
Taxes are already higher in Spain than in Germany Certainly they are for high earners

And this has nothing to do with the weakness of the Euro, otherwise the UK and US wouldnt be in trouble

Spain is hindered by the Euro simply because they cant inflate their currency to reduce their debts
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:00 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

The US and UK aren't in trouble?
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is Spain about to disintegrate??

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
The US and UK aren't in trouble?
Not sure about the US but UK IS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.