Reload this Page >

Some help please :-)

Some help please :-)

Old Apr 16th 2011, 12:59 am
Just Joined

simonbentley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some help please :-)

Hi everyone.

I have recently moved to the marbella area and in the process of setting up a office in Estepona!

I went to get my nie number the other day and after all the queuing etc for 3 hours I got told to go to Estepona police station not Marbella. When I apply for the ni which Is paid for already and should just be able to hand into Estepona station do I need to apply separately for residency?

Do I need residency?

I am using skype for my personal calls is this the best thing to do?

The complex I am on arranged Internet for me with globatel but it is really slow when 2 computers are using the Internet, can anybody recommend a better company to use for internet?

I brought a sky box out with me from the uk and there is a communal dish where I live but it does not work does anyone have a number they can recommend for somebody to come and get it up and running for me? I have been told I need my card chipped is this correct?

Mobile phones I got a pay as you go on yoigo but it doesn't have Internet, what is the best network to go with to be able to get Internet on my phone or is it difficult to get a Spanish contract?

I am also in need of a lot of carpet asap and any other office furniture if anyone has any to sell?

How difficult is it to get staff out here it is not in a boiler room it is for incoming customer service so no sales involved and they must have a nice pleasant voice, where would I look for staff?

If you can help with any of my questions i would be very grateful.

Thank you.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 5:58 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Some help please :-)

Originally Posted by simonbentley
Hi everyone.

I have recently moved to the marbella area and in the process of setting up a office in Estepona!

I went to get my nie number the other day and after all the queuing etc for 3 hours I got told to go to Estepona police station not Marbella. When I apply for the ni which Is paid for already and should just be able to hand into Estepona station do I need to apply separately for residency?

Do I need residency?

I am using skype for my personal calls is this the best thing to do?

The complex I am on arranged Internet for me with globatel but it is really slow when 2 computers are using the Internet, can anybody recommend a better company to use for internet?

I brought a sky box out with me from the uk and there is a communal dish where I live but it does not work does anyone have a number they can recommend for somebody to come and get it up and running for me? I have been told I need my card chipped is this correct?

Mobile phones I got a pay as you go on yoigo but it doesn't have Internet, what is the best network to go with to be able to get Internet on my phone or is it difficult to get a Spanish contract?

I am also in need of a lot of carpet asap and any other office furniture if anyone has any to sell?

How difficult is it to get staff out here it is not in a boiler room it is for incoming customer service so no sales involved and they must have a nice pleasant voice, where would I look for staff?

If you can help with any of my questions i would be very grateful.

Thank you.
Hi Simon,

As regards to the Sky box, you need to change the frequency. Ours is set to 12.129. Staff wise, I am desperate for a job but you are a bit far away. Lol. Best of luck in your venture.

Andy
Old Apr 16th 2011, 6:03 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Simon & welcome.
Visit a Vodafone shop for your mobile internet (IMO) as they offer a fast service in your area.
The new NIE is all you need.
Ask your neighbors about who is the best Sat Man for your area as they are likely to know, your card needs no chips / vinegar or anything else for that matter (I assume that it worked in the UK)
When you can use the PM facility (after you have made a few posts) send me one about the staff issue.
Or call me on 618 166 four one nine.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 6:55 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure the communal dishis pointing towards the UK TV satellites?
Are you sure you are connected tot he distribution system for this dish?
Some community systems pipe the channels down using different frequencies, so a Sky box will not work.
Sometimes, you may have to hlp the Sky box boot up. This is beacause the initial frequency the sky bxo looks at for its boot information can be weak in certain areas of spain at certain times of the day. You can change this "boot" frequency, to help the box boot up. (you can use a range of frequencies - there is really no "best" one to use.)

See
Sky Default transponder frequency settings
for how to do this (there is even a video showin gyou how to do it!)
But quickly, services, 4, 0, 1, select, 2, input frequency, save settings, sky, date and time appear, info banner populates, channels there)

Last edited by The Guy; Apr 16th 2011 at 7:04 am.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 7:21 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
Hello Simon & welcome.
Visit a Vodafone shop for your mobile internet (IMO) as they offer a fast service in your area.
The new NIE is all you need.
Ask your neighbors about who is the best Sat Man for your area as they are likely to know, your card needs no chips / vinegar or anything else for that matter (I assume that it worked in the UK)
When you can use the PM facility (after you have made a few posts) send me one about the staff issue.
Or call me on 618 166 four one nine.
Why does he only need NIE and not the residencia as well?

It all depends how long he will be in Spain each year surely?
Old Apr 16th 2011, 7:23 am
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

QUOTE When I apply for the NIE which Is paid for already and should just be able to hand into Estepona station do I need to apply separately for residency?

Do I need residency?

If you are in (going to be in) Spain for 3 months you need Residencia.

If you have not got your NIE then you might as well apply for Residencia. The number will be the same which ever way you do it, it is the same office for the applications and you will only need to queue once.

Last edited by JulianWard; Apr 16th 2011 at 7:27 am.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Why does he only need NIE and not the residencia as well?

Autonomos were never required to take residencia, has that changed?
Old Apr 16th 2011, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are playing at being a business man.
Nothing personal, I was young once.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 10:11 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Carpet is very rare over here!? I cant think of anywhere that sells it???

As for employing people, advertise in the Surinenglish http://www.myservicesdirectory.com/C...ations-vacant/ You'll probably be flooded with applicants

Jo xxx
Old Apr 16th 2011, 10:20 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Autonomos were never required to take residencia, has that changed?
there's no such thing as Residencia in the old sense for a few years now, although some people will still have their old Residencia cards until they expire

everyone who lives here should sign the Residents list though - employed, self-employed, pensioner - whatever
Old Apr 16th 2011, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

For the landlin phone we use Vonage and have done for the last 2 years. I found the call quality better than Skype and there's no need for your computer to be on. Has been absolutely reliable in that time and had no failures that were'nt due to the Internet connection going down.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lynnxa
everyone who lives here should sign the Residents list though - employed, self-employed, pensioner - whatever
Until someone can tell me that the law has changed regarding autonomos with a link, I shall not bother.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 11:37 am
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lynnxa
there's no such thing as Residencia in the old sense for a few years now, although some people will still have their old Residencia cards until they expire

Sorry but the Residencia is alive and well, it is only that the photo card has been replaced by a sheet of paper, the certificate (on 2nd April 2007 as I remember). It is still residencia and is still a requirement if one is physically in Spain for 3 months without a break.

(I have never heard about 'autonomo' (self employed )being in exclude so I cannot comment either way. I will ask next week when I am working at the National Police Station).

"signing on the residents list.' I assume you are referring to the Padron. That is the list of residents maintained by the town hall. It is a requirement for people living in a municipality to register; it has nothing to do with residencia.
(http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...n-spain/padron)

Last edited by JulianWard; Apr 16th 2011 at 11:45 am.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 12:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulianWard
Sorry but the Residencia is alive and well, it is only that the photo card has been replaced by a sheet of paper, the certificate (on 2nd April 2007 as I remember). It is still residencia and is still a requirement if one is physically in Spain for 3 months without a break.

(I have never heard about 'autonomo' (self employed )being in exclude so I cannot comment either way. I will ask next week when I am working at the National Police Station).

"signing on the residents list.' I assume you are referring to the Padron. That is the list of residents maintained by the town hall. It is a requirement for people living in a municipality to register; it has nothing to do with residencia.
(http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-...n-spain/padron)
no I'm not

I'm not talking about empadronamiento

that's totally different - everyone foreign or not has to do that

we have to apply for Certificado de registro como ciudadano de la Unión (Certificate of registration as a citizen of the Union) using one of these http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/ex...anje/ex_16.pdf

as you well know

what I said was
there's no such thing as Residencia in the old sense

Last edited by lynnxa; Apr 16th 2011 at 12:07 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JulianWard
It has been the law since about 2002! so unless someone can show it has been changed, it is still the law

Google it or buy a David Hampshire living and working in Spain book

The current Spanish law states any individual intending to remain in Spain longer than 183 days in any one period throughout the calendar year, who is not working and does not intend to work, should apply for a Residencia. Anyone legally working, either as an employee or in a self-employed capacity, no longer need apply for a Residencia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.